This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickac
    Forgive my ignorance but what was MST3k?
    thats a good question i want to know that too

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
    SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      Thank you for the free advertisement.

It is the least I can do....thanks for an awesome video

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
        MGM then can go....

"Showtime has a new president, we can go back there".
        And Sci Fi will reply, "okay then, have fun."
        Then Showtime will say "Oh, does no one else want you? Yeah, we'll buy it if you do it for less money and change this, this and this."
        And MGM thinks, "We should have stayed with Sci Fi, they only wanted to add one character."

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
          She'd have to be willing to take billing behind TH or TH would have to go to make room for her. Billing behind TH would be a step down since she is the first billed actress on SG-1. An American actress would never accept lesser billing, but perhaps that's not as important to Canadian's.
          She could go for the "and starring Amanda Tapping" like MS did on SG-1 when he came back.
          sigpic

Comment

this has died

SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Sad news, but I'm not surprised. Sci-Fi wasn't promoting it. And all the interviews with cast and crew just made it sound like they knew.

Comment

Well, it's a bittersweet reality to me. I personally think they should have retired the show two years ago with their lead actor. I'm all for supporting the rest of the old cast, don't get me wrong, but the series lost it's pull for me when Mr A left the crew. I'd much rather have books/movies/something involving the original cast (let's not forget Janet, please) than keep watching the franchise flail. They made their goal of being the longest running Sci-Fi show -- but at what cost?
                Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Sorry, I forgot - when will we hear more from RCC/MGM?

Comment

I got the bbc onto the case!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5276092.stm

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      There arestill 6 episodes to film, and 3 to write, but they may scrap a couple of scripts and write new ones to help tie it all up, and they have the time too, 6 months in fact.
                      Their shooting schedule ends in October, so they would have to complete the rest of the season in that time.

And what's all this talk about Canadians "doing things different"? You're talking about us like we're second rate. Both Amanda and Torri are Canadian, by the way (albeit Amanda was born in England, and I believe Torri in Wales).
                      Last edited by _STARGATER_; 22 August 2006, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon
                        SciFi's going to kill both shows if they do this
                        FWIW, I give Atlantis it's 4th year and it's gone. The only reason I watch it is because it's on after SG1 - I watch the block of shows on Friday night. Now I will find something else to do/watch. Atlantis just won't pull me in if it's alone on the schedule. I think you will find quite a few people feel the same way - like it nor not.

Comment

They are in panic mode and as a ploy to get the SG-1 audience to stick with SGA they are going to try to do a permanent "Pegasus Project" crossover, which will fail miserably and kill off SGA.
                          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
                            nice going

SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

ive gotten people over at ausgate hopefully signing the petiton.
                              i was the first person there to break the sad story to them

SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

I agree with FoolishPleasure, sounds like a ploy from sci-fi to divide the fandom. So instead of concentrating on attacking sci-fi for their decision, the fans of both shows are blaming each other for SG-1 cancellation. Better to divide the fandom, than face a unitied front.

Comment

Working...
                                X