This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jclark19
    Agreed, I like crossover shows, Pegasus Project is one of my faves from S10, I would like to see more... (And I hope many agree)
    I don't like having crossovers more than once every other season or so. Grace Under Pressure was more than enough, though The Pegasus Project was a good episode. TRW wasn't really a crossover. I'm not looking forward to having two more later this season though... I watch Atlantis for those characters and not SG-1's.

Comment

im so mad at sci-fi, but i wil still watch atlantis live, and i hope they make a feature film if the series dosent get taken in by any network

Comment

I still dont understand why SG1 cant survive in the other like nearly 200 countries its shown in!?

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

I heard somewhere else, maybe this thread can't remember , but couldn't they just release them direct to DVD? I'm sure tons of people will buy them, myself included.
          Spoiler:
          So many colours. All the pretty horses.
          What's he talking about?
          I gave him some morphine for the pain. I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.
          Excuse me. Why am I lying here?
          You have an arrow, Rodney, in your gluteus maximus.
          Oh. Well, that sounds painful. Gluteus maximus. Glootus...maaxim ...Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!
          Aye.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
            I don't like having crossovers more than once every other season or so. Grace Under Pressure was more than enough, though The Pegasus Project was a good episode. TRW wasn't really a crossover. I'm not looking forward to having two more later this season though... I watch Atlantis for those characters and not SG-1's.
            I like crossovers as they add a little continuity to both shows, being in the pegagsus galaxy its easy to forget that its a apart of stargate, having the lead teams crossover just helps to remind that they are infact in the same universe, well thats my opinion anyways, as this forum has already seen everyone feels differently about this horrible subject

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
              I like crossovers as they add a little continuity to both shows, being in the pegagsus galaxy its easy to forget that its a apart of stargate, having the lead teams crossover just helps to remind that they are infact in the same universe, well thats my opinion anyways, as this forum has already seen everyone feels differently about this horrible subject
              Me myself I don't mind crossovers I think they are a good thing. Grace Under Pressure was a good episode and really the first major crossover episode but the bits I've seen of the Pegasus Project look awesome and it does remind us that the fates of SG1 and SGA are intwinned.
              Spoiler:
              So many colours. All the pretty horses.
              What's he talking about?
              I gave him some morphine for the pain. I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.
              Excuse me. Why am I lying here?
              You have an arrow, Rodney, in your gluteus maximus.
              Oh. Well, that sounds painful. Gluteus maximus. Glootus...maaxim ...Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!
              Aye.

Comment

Trying to think like Mark Stern, Scifi executive.

If a character's coming over from SG-1 it has to be someone that will bring viewers and someone that makes sense from a business standpoint:

1) Means it's more than likely a prominent character. AT, MS, CJ, Ben, Beau or CB.

2) Probably someone who's already under contract. Perhaps all the SG-1 actors they "optioned" for S11 can be used on whichever series they choose. I'd say that leaves out MS, who's the only actor not under option for S11 of SG-1. Daniel may well be invited to guest star but this sounds like something that's already been negotiated.

3) Should be a character who somehow fits into the overall story arc of Atlantis (without a sledgehammer ). Probably means CJ, Ben and maybe CB won't be candidates. Mitchell is too similar to Shep (and I'd say Joe is "safe") and Teal'c is associated with a fairly dead storyline. Vala is still a possibility as they've shown themselves willing to manufacture a storyline for her character.

4) Probably someone they've already "tested" on Atlantis - narrows it to AT or Beau Bridges. Vala as an outside shot.

That leads me to AT/Sam. She's not a great fit unless they're planning on losing a character (probably either Weir or McKay). I lean towards Sam being used as the commander of Atlantis. It would be an interesting move for her character. Beau Bridges might also be a recurring character.

I don't think Weir will be killed off, though. I think perhaps a story arc has already been set in motion that will lead to some sort of recurring character status. Maybe involving the new villain that's been developed.

BTW, I'm not touting this idea as being a great one but I wonder if the renewal of Atlantis may have been contingent on involving one of the prominent SG-1 characters.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

This doesn't seem like a couple of random crossovers, it seems like a permanent merge.

Comment

I wonder what the actors think about this. Maybe we should get their e-mails or something and send them a link to the petition and all this stuff to show 'em that we are behind em 100%

Comment

It simply must be daniel, every other character crossover would step into someone else's niche. I

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                        It simply must be daniel, every other character crossover would step into someone else's niche. I
                        Daniel would be stepping into Elizabeth's niche linguistically and with her off-world activities, too.

Comment

In the long run, we've been very fotunate as fans. Showtime gave us all a tremendous gift by purchasing 44 episodes right out of the gate, and then picking up another 44 halfway through the first season.

This allowed the writers to plan and write those wonderful story arcs for the first four seasons.

And, SciFi Channel originally only picked up SG1 for ONE season - season six (probably to help promote the premiere of the previous seasons episodes on SciFi Channel), and then picked up an additional four years.

We received NINE more seasons than the Firefly, John Doe, Space: Above and Beyond, Invasion, Surface, Night Stalker, etc. series had.

We received THREE more seasons than the Star Trek: The Next Generation; Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; and Star Trek: Voyager series had.

We received FIVE more seasons than Bablyon 5 had, and SIX more seasons than Star Trek: Enterprise had.

Personally, I thank the SciFi Channel for the five seasons of SG1, and Showtime for their five seasons of SG1.

And many, many (let's say billions and billions...) of thanks to the producers, writers, directors, staff, crew and the marvelous actors: Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, Carmen Argenziano, Tony Amendola, Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Gary Jones, Dan Shea, Colin Cunningham, Jay Avacone, Cliff Simon, Peter Williams, JR Bourne, Marie Stillin, Garwin Sanford, Musetta Vander...well, the list is almost endless.

As General Hammond would say, "Godspeed to all of you!"

Sniff!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The only thing that will bring SG1 back is to push the ratings up for the rest of the season. period.
                            Letters/emails won't even be read, they will just go into the trash.

WATCH SG1!!
                            SPACE MACGYVER!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                              I got to say that I am really shocked... I didn't think that SciFi would cancel the show with literaly nothing else to replace it!

More than a little shocked here...

Ace
                              Ace Caprica that is the show that The Scifi Channel might have in mind to replace Stargate-SG1, it was OK'ed by Bonnie months ago.

The Sci Fi Channel needs the money to fund 'Battlestar Galactica's new spin off series 'Caprica'. Produced by Ronald D. Moore a Star Trek hack, hired by the late Micheal Pillar another Trek guy, he was behind '4400'. Odd that 'Battlestar Galactica' producer Ron Moore could get this 'Caprica' show. 'Galactica's' rating are not much better than Stargate SG1's?

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                                Daniel would be stepping into Elizabeth's niche linguistically and with her off-world activities, too.
                                Elizabeth almost never goes off-world, she's the base commander. And she rarely uses her linguistic skills, it's mostly her diplomatic skills that get utilized. If anything, she is the "General Hammond" of Atlantis, not the "Daniel Jackson." Daniel could crossover without stepping on anyone's role. He could be the fifth member of Shep's team (SG-1 had five members this year, why not Atlantis' flagship team)?

Daniel's role would be as an archeologist and expert in all things Ancient as a member of Shep's team. Weir would still be the leader and the diplomat that she has always been.

Comment

Working...
                                X