Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Well here's another channel I'm not watching anymore. When Sg-1 goes away for the break, I'm not watching BSG. I'm not watching Atlantis after SG-1 ends for the next couple of weeks, and when SG-1 is over, I'm done with Sci-fi.Reminds me of Angel, a great show that had pretty good ratings, and was cancled for no reason, and I don't watch the WB anymore because of that. Some of you might disagree and say SG-1 should die, but don't think so. SG-1 is an amazing show, sure lately they might have screwed around with Vala, but that was the only low point that I'd seen.

It's a sad, sad day for Sci-fi television when a great show like SG-1 dies, and it's much more boring and lame sister show stays around. I won't disagree if when Sg-1 goes I read that people like Ronan and Teyla are gone from SG-A and Sg-1 characters replace them.
    Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Well I have to get going. I should have more letter Templates in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
        Personally, I have loved the writing even through season 10... I think the show has a lot of life still and should get the chance to continue to keep going.
        I only meant there was about 3or4 episodes that I didn't like... But I too want there to be seasons 11 and 12...

Comment

There is always hope. We have many factors working for us here. SG-1 has a good chance of being picked up by another cable network and there are many that would love a show like sg-1. Also if sg-1 isnt picked up by another network there is always the idea to repackage the show as stargate command. And there is also the fact that there will be a mini series or a tv movie or something like that because it seems highly unlikly that the ori plot line can be wraped up in less than a season when half of it is already in the advanced stages of production. Also if you want something like a stargate command rebranding, tv movie, or mini series every one must countinue to watch both stargate shows. This will help to ensure that sg-1 is picked up by another network and that atlantis stays on the air. Countinue to watch (perferably live) stargate, dont take out your fustrations on the sci-fi channel out on the two shows. And remember that there is always options with a francise like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Neomon
            ... Well here's another channel I'm not watching anymore. When Sg-1 goes away for the break, I'm not watching BSG. I'm not watching Atlantis after SG-1 ends for the next couple of weeks, and when SG-1 is over, I'm done with Sci-fi.Reminds me of Angel, a great show that had pretty good ratings, and was cancled for no reason, and I don't watch the WB anymore because of that. Some of you might disagree and say SG-1 should die, but don't think so. SG-1 is an amazing show, sure lately they might have screwed around with Vala, but that was the only low point that I'd seen.

It's a sad, sad day for Sci-fi television when a great show like SG-1 dies, and it's much more boring and lame sister show stays around. I won't disagree if when Sg-1 goes I read that people like Ronan and Teyla are gone from SG-A and Sg-1 characters replace them.
            Ronan and Teyla are good people

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
            SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherEvilAlien
              It's entirely possible that the Sci-Fi executives could, one day, wake up and pull their heads out of their collective asses too. However, I doubt both.

Sci-Fi has shown a string of idiotic decision making and the ability to piss off fans. MST3K? They put it on at absurd hours and when, SURPRISE SURPRISE, the ratings dipped and they canned it. Farscape? You all know about that, and how Sci-Fi screwed up royally there. Now Stargate SG-1?

Why don't you just cancel all your shows, Sci-Fi Executives, and just make your god awful 1-star rated Uwe Boll-trash "Original Sci-Fi Movies," that no one watches, instead.

Friggin' morons.
              Truer words have not been spoken. The MST3k debacle really irked me, now they flush SG-1 down the same toilet. I remember theyused to force ridciulous restraints on MST as well such as "you must have a continuous story arc"--it was a puppet show in space!! There had never been much of a continuous arcbefore the Sci-fi days and many viewers felt it hurt the skits. Sci-Fi sends alot of good shows out to pasture before their time. I think MST3K had a few good years left in it. And with all the craptastic Sci-Fi originals they produce, MST would have infinite material to work with!

I'm remianing hopeful about this. I just wish Sciffy would tell us the real reasons behind all of this and not glad hand all those involved. The reason it stings so much, for me anyway, is because I thought things were looking up on all fronts. SG-1 was finding itself again, SGA is coming into its own. RDA was back for some eps and they drop a bomb on us!!

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Dream-a-little - it's a completely separate show, so if she was interested, she wouldn't expect top-billing.

Plus she doesn't stike me as a diva.
                It's not a question of being a diva; it's just something that isn't done. No American talent agent would allow his/her client to take a step back in status in a comparable venue unless his/her client's career was in very dire straights. It has nothing to do with being a diva, although the practice in the Canadian industry may be quite different.

Comment

Well...not everywhere's America so I'd expect it'd be okay.

sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but what was MST3k?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1majgenOneill6130
                      Ronan and Teyla are good people
                      But not that great actors. The actors from SG-1 are much better than them.
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
                        I only meant there was about 3or4 episodes that I didn't like... But I too want there to be seasons 11 and 12...
                        My response was more of a general statement... your post just reminded me that I had to make it...

Comment

Ignore what Sci-Fi is saying.. that's what I say

http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                          sigpic
                          My fics at my site
                          Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                            Lets hope that this happens and that another network picks it up and if not that it lives on in another way. As an Aussie I've just got Season 9's box set. You guys need to help the overseas fans by watching this amazing show and keeping it on air.
                            I agree. I'm Maltese and I've just received the last DVD's for season 9 myself. Keep the show going for us too! on DVD's too. itunes isn't available in Malta, so please keep making dvd's.

http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                            sigpic
                            My fics at my site
                            Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                              Well, if Sci Fi say "We want this character or you don't get more money for the show", then yes they can have a say in what happens to the characters.

MGM then can go....

"Showtime has a new president, we can go back there".

Comment

Bet that bites them in the butt and what an insult to the Atlantis cast. Such a shame.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X