Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They claim Neilson ratings are low, but has anyone noticed that SG-1 and Atlantis are the 22nd and 25th most Tivo'ed shows this week (with Season Passes)? Doesn't seem so bad to me, despite Neilson's totally outdated rating scheme.

http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/top25....w25=seasonpass

1 House
    2 Family Guy
    3 Rescue Me
    4 The Closer
    5 Entourage
    6 Prison Break
    7 Monk
    8 So You Think You Can Dance
    9 Big Brother 7: All-Stars
    10 The Simpsons
    11 The 4400
    12 Nip/Tuck
    13 Eureka
    14 Bones
    15 Windfall
    16 Deadwood
    17 Project Runway
    18 Psych
    19 The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
    20 Stargate SG-1
    21 Treasure Hunters
    22 Stargate Atlantis
    23 NASCAR Racing
    24 Rock Star: Supernova
    25 America's Got Talent

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
      Well the wife is already mad because I spent 600$ on video games last month. And I also have no idea how to set up a website.
      OMG $600, I like my games but I don't think my collection is even 1/2 that!!!! Wow! But still, if you can't do it; keep the idea going, post it in other forums both here at gw and other sites. Yuo seem like the kinda guy who knows what you're doing in forums, I know I don't really, lol...

Comment

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the idiots at SciFi more than usual today.

They got their stupid record, and now they step on the only show that has brought their network fame, attention, and programming filler when they don't run their stupid horror movies.

Personally, I think they had plans to cancel the show from the beginning of the season. The premier was not advertised well; the subsequent week's episodes were delayed thanks to the Eureka premier (no, I'm not bashing Eureka), and they are comparing ratings to last year when the show was at a different time slot. The show's rating were consistent to and not worse than anything the show has pulled in at the later time slot. During Season 6, a rating of 1.1 or 1.2 was impressive, so the show cannot be blamed for the drop, especially when all the press and attention seem to have helped ratings for 200.

The writers also wanted to create a new show instead of Season 9 (which I like), but the idiots at SciFi wouldn't go for that either.

I hope that SG-1 finds a new home or a new form, and I hope the ratings for this new form are better than anything on SciFi so that the network of idiots will have even more egg on their face than Showtime.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
          Ok, so I went out and had TWO martinis and am ready to deal with this news. Sheesh.

It had a great run. But, SG-anything isn't going to air on two different channels...c'mon. So, then what? New series? Movie? Made for tv movie, Mini-series a la Farscape Peacekeeper Wars? What? I don't see the difference between a short season 11 and a mini-series. Executives probably don't either.

Then there's other programming. SCI FI Channel is betting the barn on Battlestar Galactica and its new Prequel: Caprica. Then there's the new shows like Eureka which seems to have caught on.

However, I can't say there's that much new programming I care about on SCI FI Channel. They sure did try to launch a bunch of hooey like "Who wants to be a Superhero?" Gag... hurl. Maybe we can get a house of folks from various Sci Fi shows and mix them up and make them live together...oh what's that reality show that does that? See can't remember. Maybe Tammy Faye Baker really is an alien. She did that house sitting thing. Get those Amish back and we have a reality show from hell. (Can't remember for the life of me the name of that silly reality show...senior moment ...and two martinis at work here)

So anyone know a good 12 step program to de-tox from SG-1?

In the words of Colonel O'Neill..."aw crap."
          So, it's all about me...LOL...sheesh...I shouldn't drink. I'm such a lightweight, like Daniel half a beer and I'm flying. So, now that I've complained to every email addy I can find...here's what I really think...

Ratings: First of all they are exactly the same as they were in Season 7 FCOL. No kidding between 1.4 and 1.9. So don't play the ratings card with me. I remember...a mind like a steel clamp...no senior moment on that one.

Programming: What Programming? Sci Fi Channel has programming? WTF? You call Wrestling programming on a Science Fiction Channel? Huh? Someone was doing more than just martinis on that decision. My dog could come up with better ideas. But then he can lick his own...oops....forgot, he's neutered.

Speaking of neutered...that's what Sci Fi Channel just did to themselves. I just looked at the TV Guide for tonight Monday August 21, 2006. You know what's on the Sci Fi Channel tonight? Huh do you huh?

Primetime:

1.Two episodes from November, 2001 of "Dark Angel"

2. "What's on NBC" ....um correct me but isn't that ANOTHER CHANNEL? so it's the parent company so what.

3. The 1998 movie "Bride of Chucky."

PFFFffttttt.

For these gems they cancelled SG-1?

Now it's Tuesday August 22, 2006...do you know what gems they have tonight in Primetime? Do you? Huh? Do you?

7 & 8 pm....Two eps of "Dead Like Me" from Aug & Sept, 2003!

9pm Eureka... not sure about it but they say its doing well

10 pm Wrestling?? WTF? OMG? On a Sci Fi Channel?

11 pm Who Wants to Be A Super Hero... schlock.

AND IT'S A REPEAT! A Repeat!... they even have to repeat this crap because they have no other programming!

Yasureyabetcha, cancelled SG-1....dummies.

No, no, no, something doesn't add up. Being an accountant...I can add. Yep. Two and Two is SEASON ELEVEN.
          Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
            OMG $600, I like my games but I don't think my collection is even 1/2 that!!!! Wow! But still, if you can't do it; keep the idea going, post it in other forums both here at gw and other sites. Yuo seem like the kinda guy who knows what you're doing in forums, I know I don't really, lol...
            Well, thank you. I know a lot of things but setting up a site is a bit much for me. And you do know that the 360 games are a bit pricey. But the one thing I do know is that site needs to be housed on a very good server or it will crash when ever it's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
              So, it's all about me...LOL...sheesh...I shouldn't drink. I'm such a lightweight, like Daniel half a beer and I'm flying. So, now that I've complained to every email addy I can find...here's what I really think...

Ratings: First of all they are exactly the same as they were in Season 7 FCOL. No kidding between 1.4 and 1.9. So don't play the ratings card with me. I remember...a mind like a steel clamp...no senior moment on that one.

Programming: What Programming? Sci Fi Channel has programming? WTF? You call Wrestling programming on a Science Fiction Channel? Huh? Someone was doing more than just martinis on that decision. My dog could come up with better ideas. But then he can lick his own...oops....forgot, he's neutered.

Speaking of neutered...that's what Sci Fi Channel just did to themselves. I just looked at the TV Guide for tonight Monday August 21, 2006. You know what's on the Sci Fi Channel tonight? Huh do you huh?

Primetime:

1.Two episodes from November, 2001 of "Dark Angel"

2. "What's on NBC" ....um correct me but isn't that ANOTHER CHANNEL? so it's the parent company so what.

3. The 1998 movie "Bride of Chucky."

PFFFffttttt.

For these gems they cancelled SG-1?

Now it's Tuesday August 22, 2006...do you know what gems they have tonight in Primetime? Do you? Huh? Do you?

7 & 8 pm....Two eps of "Dead Like Me" from Aug & Sept, 2003!

9pm Eureka... not sure about it but they say its doing well

10 pm Wrestling?? WTF? OMG? On a Sci Fi Channel?

11 pm Who Wants to Be A Super Hero... schlock.

AND IT'S A REPEAT! A Repeat!... they even have to repeat this crap because they have no other programming!

Yasureyabetcha, cancelled SG-1....dummies.

No, no, no, something doesn't add up. Being an accountant...I can add. Yep. Two and Two is SEASON ELEVEN.

Don't forget the Twilight Zone, the show that no one watches... Or the Amazing Stories, another show no one watches.

(to be fair I have only seen the Twilight Zone episodes with Shatner.)

Comment

THIS WILL NOT STAND!!!! I just learned of this tonight! If the Farscape fans made a lot of noise, we'll make that much times a hundred thousand!!! Everyone has to get the word out, watch the show the day it airs, tell people about it at work, at school, on myspace, through chain letters, anything and everything to get the public interested and aware!

I know this has no doubt been said, but saying it again doesn't make it lose its meaning.
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Well, thank you. I know a lot of things but setting up a site is a bit much for me. And you do know that the 360 games are a bit pricey. But the one thing I do know is that site needs to be housed on a very good server or it will crash when ever it's up.
                  Yeh tell me abput the prices of 360 games, i wanted hitman for it, nearly £50 where as on the pc its like £25... Buit anyways back to matter at hand, what if you find a good server then someone else buys the website name and sets the site up??

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    cancellation was decided before 200.

ETA. Its not actually a cancellation either. There was no contract for a s11, and they are going to finish up s10. SG1 hasn't been renewed, rather than being cancelled.
                    The SG-1 cast had actually signed for season 11, per Gateworld:

Ironically, this is the first year since Season Four that plans were already in place, both creatively and in signed actor contracts, for another year.
                    Rocky

Comment

Don't forget the Twilight Zone, the show that no one watches... Or the Amazing Stories, another show no one watches.

(to be fair I have only seen the Twilight Zone episodes with Shatner.)
                      Hell, I watched the Twilight Zone first Run, second run, third run...etc..LOL...I don't need to watch it anymore.

Amazing Stories? Yeah, that's what I call first run entertainment? NOT. Just a lot of has-been shows and low budget monster flicks.

So what have you programmed new lately?

Wrestling? FCOL it's a SCIENCE FICTION network.
                      Dumb reality show.
                      Re-runs up the wazoo.
                      Low budget re-runs of monster flicks.

Oh, right...BSG, Eureka, and one season of Dr. Who. and oh what was that? Can't quite hear ya?

Oh right, the last FIVE seasons of SG-1 and Three Seasons of SGA?

Programming, what programming?
                      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I think SciFi is killing themselves. BSG has lost it's edge as the hip, new, innovative show now that it's older, just like SGA lost some of the edge it had its first season. I know I only watch SciFi for Stargate - they're screwing themselves, but meh. Their problem.

I would never stop watching SGA just to get SG-1 back, because I like SGA better. Right now I'm just praying for a TV movie or mini-series. Something with a liberal budget, the right to pull out all the stops, the WHOLE cast, and closure. That would be worth it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch
                          THIS WILL NOT STAND!!!! I just learned of this tonight! If the Farscape fans made a lot of noise, we'll make that much times a hundred thousand!!! Everyone has to get the word out, watch the show the day it airs, tell people about it at work, at school, on myspace, through chain letters, anything and everything to get the public interested and aware!

I know this has no doubt been said, but saying it again doesn't make it lose its meaning.
                          We need to get the Gateworld mods to send E-mails to every user telling them to send letters to NBC/Universal and SciFi demanding the renewal of SG-1.

Comment

It's not just the cancellation, but WHEN they cancelled it. I would have been fine after a season 8 cancellation. They wrapped up the goauld and replicator stuff. Maybe a season 9 cancellation, instead of bringing the ori, maybe a crossover with atlantis for much of the season. Maybe just deal with the aftermath of the goauld and do some more exploring old school style.

Season 10, after writing for a "series and season" finale for about the last 5 seasons, they finally wrote a season (season 10) with a view to completing the story next season.

And it gets cancelled.

It's 2 season too late to enable a good ending, and at least 2 seasons too early to conclude the ori story arc.

From what I've read, they will have about 3-4 episodes left to conclude the ori story arc and conclude the series AND introduce\show anything being given to atlantis from SG1, from what they have written and\or filmed already (I belive they have 3 episodes left to write, and 7 left to film).

And to top it off, there are 4 episodes to air, then another 6 month break, before they show the final 10 or so episodes.

What are Sci-Fi expecting to replace it with? Another set of crappy reruns? Will they do the exact same thing if BSG (or it's dodgy spin-off) fail as well? What if the bottom falls out of Eureka? They have a half dozen decent shows, and killing them off won't help. If Reruns of Dark Angel are their 10th biggest show, then they should look hard at their "programming".

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                              The SG-1 cast had actually signed for season 11, per Gateworld:
                              Yes, but I don't believe there were any contracts between TPTB and Sci Fi.

Comment

the way scifi is going if it doesn't renew sg-1 and it does go to another channel (Hopefully) whats gonna replace, ooooh i know a real sci-fi program, its called big brother! That would be good at 9pm on sci fi.... NOT!

Comment

Working...
                                X