This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macktheknife
    So they rename it Stargate Command, and the courts would need to sort it out if push came to shove.

Sci-Fi's actions essentially seem to be "Well, we don't want to make new episodes, but we want to keep milking the fanbase for all we can", the "encore" episodes, the "moving sg1 cast to atlantis" all smacks of trying to transfer from 1 show to another. If they want it that much, KEEP THE DAMN SHOW.
    Yeah, it seems they still want it, but just don't want to carry a 10-year bagage around. "Slap a new name on it and no-un 'll be da wiser!"

Comment

so it does look like this could be the end of sg-1 what if we all send in like £1 or $1 that from each fan could mqaybe pay for another season or 2 too give it proper closure?

Comment

Regardless of what you believe concerning SG1… Do Something… you're in a Stargate forum for a reason, YOU CARE... write MARK STERN, Conan O’Brien, SG1 Advertisers, the News, write anyone that can make an impact. If supportive fans concentrate their efforts on a few specific key players, an 11th is possible. This is like the end of a concert, the band leaves but if you make enough noise, they come back for an encore.

You can SOS at-
        EVERYTHING- http://www.savestargatesg-1.com/
        PETITION- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
        CONAN- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33884
        TISSUE- http://laundr.us/
        BOTTLE- http://www.savestargate.com
        MYSPACE- http://www.myspace.com/savingsg1

Although many factors were involved, the real decision maker behind the SG1 Cancellation is MARK STERN. He has a large majority of influence on the cancellation and possible, yes, possible continuation of SG1.Trust and believe MGM would keep SG1 where it is but SciFi probably feels they can merge SG1 & SGA viewers and create greater numbers for Atlantis. It doesn’t matter though, there are countless reasons to cancel BUT there are more reasons to keep SG1. It should be stressed that MARK STERN should be receiving the bulk of mailed fan support... too many addresses will lead to less effective group support whereas if MR. Stern were to be flooded, we could make more impact. Here's the VARIETY ARTICLE- http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
        Mark Stern
        EVP Original Programming
        SciFi
        100 Universal City Plaza
        Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
        Universal City, CA 91608
        [email protected]

Comment

what about using scifi's address for another approach? What about making signs and going down there and protesting? That'll get their attention, 100's posibly 1000's of fans outside gateworld shouting save sg-1 or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by jclark19
            what about using scifi's address for another approach? What about making signs and going down there and protesting? That'll get their attention, 100's posibly 1000's of fans outside gateworld shouting save sg-1 or something like that...
            ANYTHING... maybe rally california and new york fans on a specific day or mass mail same day so they get overloaded at SciFi in one afternoon.

Comment

now we're talking, if everyone does one massive protest or mail attack then they'll know that we are a force to be reckoned with, or maybe when sg-1 finshes and their ratings hit rock bottom they might reconsider

Comment

now we're talking, if everyone does one massive protest or mail attack then they'll know that we are a force to be reckoned with, or maybe when sg-1 finshes and their ratings hit rock bottom they might reconsider
                when i say mail attack i mean loads of letters, postcards and tissue boxes, nothing too extreme!

Comment

But what exactly are you protesting for? Negotiations have barely even started yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wasp2020
                    But what exactly are you protesting for? Negotiations have barely even started yet.
                    Protesting the cancellation and the fact that sci fi are being a real pain for mgm to relocate the show to another network...

Comment

I do think it's best to wait and see what happens first.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                        I do think it's best to wait and see what happens first.
                        I take it we still send in letters etc?

Comment

I take it we still send in letters etc?

Do what you want but be respectful, otherwise we will all look like nutbags and no one will take us seriously.

Comment

I'd be quite upset with a new "spinoff" unless it involved the characters that we've come to know and love. I also don't see how that kind of a spinoff is possible. Stargate Command? What, are we going to have a "Zero Hour" remix every episode? (That was a great episode but not a spinoff idea )

Stargate Command featuring SG-3? A new team with a base in the Ori Galaxy?

/sigh

It won't work for me unless I see the original cast their doing what they do. And if theyre just going to rename the show it will do little good for the show's financial problems.

I guess if RDA returned for the series finale, I would be happy. I just wish an 11th year could be brought upon by another network so that the writers could actually plan the entire season as a series ender. Now, the arcs won't be quite as relevant and it will seem kind of rushed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                              I'd be quite upset with a new "spinoff" unless it involved the characters that we've come to know and love. I also don't see how that kind of a spinoff is possible. Stargate Command? What, are we going to have a "Zero Hour" remix every episode? (That was a great episode but not a spinoff idea )

Stargate Command featuring SG-3? A new team with a base in the Ori Galaxy?

/sigh

It won't work for me unless I see the original cast their doing what they do. And if theyre just going to rename the show it will do little good for the show's financial problems.

I guess if RDA returned for the series finale, I would be happy. I just wish an 11th year could be brought upon by another network so that the writers could actually plan the entire season as a series ender. Now, the arcs won't be quite as relevant and it will seem kind of rushed to me.
                              "Stargate Command" is basically what they wanted to call the show from season 9 onwards. But Sci-Fi blocked that.
                              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                              -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by rook818
                                I realize everyone is upset but keep in mind this one thing...

It would have ended someday no matter how much you wish it wouldn't.

At least they're given time for a finale and to tie up loose ends. Which in the TV business, is pretty huge.
                                one can but hope and pray that they tie up loose ends

Comment

Working...
                                X