Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that they show the rest of season 10- it would be a crime if they don't......I'm now holding out hope that another network picks it up, and maybe they can shift Atlantis to this new network as well....you know, just to totally screw Sci-fi completly.....I know that I will continue watching SGA as long as it graces our screens...but if SG-1 goes actually bite the dust....I know I will be mourning for a long while to come.....
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken
      Beleive it or not but the canceling of SG-1 may be realted to ECW, ECW want more air time about another hour or so I believe.

That's is Very Funny but it is very True...........to Hell with Vince McMahon

If MGM Whats SG-1 to Keep Going Then i think that they will have a New Home very Soon

Comment

Dammit! I knew it was coming, because of the poor ratings I'd read about but even so...

I've never been able to watch a show so long continuously and still enjoy it as much as I do and did recently with "200". I've been posting about this show before any others on the web, well back to the alt.tv.stargate-sg1 prime days. Hell my name is even on the GateWorld FAQ's list of contributors.

Does anyone know how lucrative a franchise it is for MGM? Is it only MGM who make money from overseas sales and DVDs? If not, why isn't this factored into their decision-making process as well? Or can they cut a new deal with the show somewhere else?

I know I've had many episodes, but I'd still like more and more. SG:A, which I'll continue to watch and continue to buy the DVD boxed sets when they're available, is not the same for me. The heart of the SG universe is gone now and I've lost a little something.

Comment

WHAT! but SG1 has been the GOOD one this year! they cant drop the ori mid flow! this is horrible news! *goes to sit in a corner!*
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Telling them before the party.....well that's one hell of a cheap shot. Very, very cruel thing to do. I really hope that another network will look into picking it up. I want to go kick something. Frakking morons.

Edit: I bet that party was very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              telling the cast and crew about the cancellation while at their big 200th episode bash was below the belt and completely cruel on Sci Fi's part.
              Not only that, but they'd just signed up the actors for another two (I think) years! Then Sci-fi stabs them in the back when they're all set for the future and having a party!

I feel really sorry for the actors, Stargate is supposed to be one of the best productions to work on. It looks like they had so much fun

Comment

As much as I feel for those who don't want SG1 or those who are doomsaying its cancellation, there are a great many of us who do want it to stay, and the show's not over until it's over.

If it were not for SG1, there is a possibility that the Stargate franchise you, I and everybody else all knows and loves would not have been running as long as it has, and without the flagship-series, the chances are that the franchise itself could collapse. As for SCIFI, I don't know what the hell you thought you were doing annoucing something like that, but IMHO it will be the show that will outlast and outperform Star Trek. Now I know it's the latter's 40th this month, but quite frankly, they've had their spot in the limelight... now it's Stargate's turn.

Long live Stargate SG-1.
                "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                ==============================================================
                Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo! Ijust wanna cry! How can they cancel my obsession?!
                  And now, I'm going to shamelessly promote my own fics: http://www.fanfiction.net/~ilovedanieljackson

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    telling the cast and crew about the cancellation while at their big 200th episode bash was below the belt and completely cruel on Sci Fi's part.
                    Unfortunately there is NO good time to gather a whole bunch of folk together and go 'sorry, but we're letting you all go.' I"ve been there, far too many times, and it's painful no matter when it's done.

However, doing it RIGHT BEFORE a celebration party is so (expletive deleted) tacky. I mean, it's like a friggin' duck shoot. We got 'em all, let's blast 'em!

Geez, of course, that's how the folks up on top think. I suppose it's better than getting it via text message (yes, some people have done that!)

I just hope that fandom doesn't explode on this news. Yes, a large amounts are going to be unhappy (duh) but I'm already seeing snarking about Atlantis. Yes, it survived, it got renewed. It's not even 3 years old and logically, yes, if they were going to keep one show, they would keep the newer show, the cheaper show, and the one that had better ratings this year. I hope that fans don't attack SGA fans for being happy their show got renewed. And boycotting Atlantis isn't going to help. At worst, you'll get it cancelled and then there will be NO Stargate AT ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovedanieljackson
                      Noooooooooooooooooo! Ijust wanna cry! How can they cancel my obsession?!
                      we all feel that way

Comment

You know I was looking at the SG-1 episode Guides and I noticed something. During SG-1 last year on Showtime, Season 5 began in the last week of June, and then went in to Fall Hiatus in early September, then they came back in early March and season 5 ended in mid May.

And now, Season 10 began in mid July, will be going to Fall Hiatus in September, with SciFi having it return in March (As soon as BSG get done airing new eps), and Season 10 ending in May.

Anybody notice something, that's right, during the shows final season on the respective networks (Showtime and SciFi), the network moved SG-1's return to March, instead of the normal January return. And after that SG-1 was cancelled, from the respective networks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                          Telling them before the party.....well that's one hell of a cheap shot. Very, very cruel thing to do. I really hope that another network will look into picking it up. I want to go kick something. Frakking morons.

Edit: I bet that party was very quiet.
                          Whoever decided to do such a vile thing needs a swift kick over every inch of their body.

Comment

Hi all. This is a sad day for us SG1 fans. I am not really all that upset that it has come to end. 10 years is a long time for any tv show.

What has me in tears right now in SFI's treatment of the cast and crew. They came together to celebrate an incredible achievement and now that celebration will be forever tainted by the cancellation.

Why couldnt SFI let them have their moment in the sun and then let the shadows fall.

I would like to take this moment to say thank you SG1 for ten wonderful years. God bless the cast and crew in the future endevors.

This show has been a great source of comfort through some pretty painful times in my life over the last ten years and I will always treasure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkman82
                              That's is Very Funny but it is very True...........to Hell with Vince McMahon

If MGM Whats SG-1 to Keep Going Then i think that they will have a New Home very Soon
                              that better not be true about ecw

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
                              SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Sigh. Just when I got into the series too.

I PLOWED THROUGH 9 SEASONS IN ALMOST 2 MONTHS FOR THIS, SCI FI CHANNEL!!! YOU OWE ME!!

Anyway, I just hope we'll see a TV movie or mini series to wrap up the Ori storyline. Here's hoping for a theatrical release. Or maybe they'll just bring everything back under a different name. XD
                                :3!

Comment

Working...
                                X