Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say I'm surprised...bewildered may be, but not surprised. It's not the same show without RDA...when Michael Shanks left it was one thing, but RDA took the franchise with him. I like Ben Browder and Beau Bridges, but without O'Neill and the Goa'uld, it's just not the same.
    sniff
    sniff
    sniff
    you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water

Comment

they stop the show just because the ratings went down a little? BS
      YOU CANT FINISH A SERIES LIKE THIS IN JUST TEN EPISODES

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie Way
        Sorry, but the truth is that the Powers That Be at Bridge have spent the last few seasons deconstructing SG1 in favor of their spin-off baby, ATLANTIS. They've made it pretty clear that they wanted the older show to end, because it wasn't their original creation.

I'll be d*amned if I'm going to reward them by continuing to watch and support the franchise, when they've gone out of their way to degrade my favorite program and kill off every popular character from the original, even attempted to get Daniel Jackson off the show. I don't see one reason to blindly support them when they haven't shown the same respect for the viewing audience and fans.
        Ummm...no, RDA left so he could be with his daughter and don't EVER think about bashing SGA for sg1 getting cancelled. It was inevitable so don't even think about taking revenge on another show because it would have happend sooner or later so stop b****ing about it and suck it up.
        >

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
          MGM, call up G4. They have been wanting new scifi shows to get guy viewers. Give us a season 11...PLEASE!
          Dono if this was also said, but if SCI FI does cancelles SG-1 if G4 doesn't take it, they can always try and make a deal with SpikeTV since thats a huge male network. I can see SG-1 working side by side with Spike's new Blade series.

Comment

Originally posted by o-0
            they stop the show just because the ratings went down a little? BS
            YOU CANT FINISH A SERIES LIKE THIS IN JUST TEN EPISODES
            Now you make some sense, they shouldn't have cancelled it mid-season but after the finally for s10, that's when they should have called it quits and let the actors and crew get home to their families.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              Can you please allow obscenties on the forum? Just this once? Please?
              When you have been indoctriated since birth it is hard to think for oneself.

Comment

I haven't seen S9 and S10 of SG1 yet, it hasn't aired here yet and I'm mainly an SGA fan and care for this show first and foremost. So I don't really know how good or bad SG1 was lately. But I'm sad that it's been cancelled, it's the end of an era. Something will be missing, definitely, in the world of TV, and on GW and the internet in general.

Lately I almost expected that the show would be cancelled, there was already so much talk about it, not only by the fans but also by members of the cast and crew (Shanks for example) - as if some of them already knew what would happen.

But I'm happy for the good time I had thanks to SG1, I enjoyed the eight seasons I saw. Thanks to cast and crew for this wonderful time you gave me!

And who knows, maybe someone else will pick up the show for an eleventh season.
                Originally posted by florence
                I'm happy for the renewal of SGA though. I hope it means TPTB will focus on SGA now. Good thing IMO.
                I'm also happy that there'll be a fourth season for SGA. The show has a few problems lately, and so I think that it could be good that the writers can concentrate on SGA now. Hope they will focus on that show now, as I really love it!

But what really bugged me - they told them all that SG1 won't be renewed on the evening of the party for the 200th episode? David Hewlett mentioned this party in his blog, I wished him a good time on that party. Well, I guess the people who went to that party weren't really in the mood to celebrate after the announcement.

How mean.

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

It was time. Actually, it was time about six years ago. SG-1 had a great run and the franchise will live on, but it's a totally different show today than when it started. The show I loved died back in the 20th century. This just makes it official.
                  END OF LINE

Comment

Do they even understand what they're going to do to Vancouver's economy with this? Wasn't it said that the Stargate franchise was about 5% of it?

Are they heartless, or just insane?

Comment

I would be completely fine if they gave SG-1 an 11th season but made it the final season. It would give the writers time to do a proper write-off. The way it stands, I hope the writers give Sci-Fi the finger by ending the series like Joss Wedon did Angel.

Comment

They can at least give them one more year to wrap up the Ori storyline.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

ill settle for twenty more episodes, then i'll be truly satisfied

Comment

The two shows are separate. Boycotting SGA because SG1 is cancelled makes no sense. Why not boycott Farscape or Firefly? As you can see by Sci-Fi decision they're treated separately by them anyway.
                            sigpic

Comment

What do we all do know what happens to GW

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh
                                When you have been indoctriated since birth it is hard to think for oneself.
                                What is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X