This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w00t!! And Cooper says it goes on!

Through an unannounced outlet though... but still.

See the frontpage of GW for details.
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Did you guys read the new news on the front page. Cooper and the directors are trying to keep it running.

As he stated DO NOT JUST TUNE OUT, we need to continue to support SG and even if scifi doesn't change their minds other hosts may see that we truely do not want SG1 to be lost.

SUPPORT OUR BELOVED SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Balls
        It is time for SG1 to go. They are beloved characters but time to fold. Go out on a hight note not low no matter the ratings. I am one of those who watches both series live to support the shows. Please everyone, take a moment. It is only a tv show. It isn't Trek to die over or anything.
        no man
        we have to keep it running

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
        SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Instead of sending all the tissue boxes bit by bit, let's send them to one of our number in Vancouver who owns a car and ask that person to deliver them all on the same day. It will make much more of an impact.

Anybody up for helping that way?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            Suck it up. We're in rough times here.
            Sorry to break it to you but it is not because you are in a 'rough' time that you have to be unfriendly and unrespectfull.
            I think no one likes what is happening to the stargate sg1 but it is not an excuse to be unfriendly!!

Ok don't shoot me because of what I am going to say but I don't think these petition will have any effect. I think you all should write a letter to them (and no not a mail) cause that might have more effect than a pettition!!!
            And try to be friendly in your mails and letters cause you have much more change that they will read it (if they will read it, I am not certain of it) when they see a letter with good arguements than a letter that just says nasty words!

I really hope they reconcider but I don't really think they will...they made up their mind a long time ago, the fact that they just now announce says enough to me...just after ep 200.

Comment

Like Daniel, I try to be optimistic about things, and so I believe MGM will try its hardest to keep SG1 alive in one form or another--either by selling it to another broadcasting company, creating a movie franchise out of it, or something. I feel that MGM treasures Stargate (and SG1, specifically) too much to let it go down like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                If that's your attitude I'm wouldn't sign your petition even if I wanted SG1 saved.
                I reaaaly don't care right now. Can we just drop this? Besides, it ain't my petition, someone else started it.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                Sorry to break it to you but it is not because you are in a 'rough' time that you have to be unfriendly and unrespectfull.
                I think no one likes what is happening to the stargate sg1 but it is not an excuse to be unfriendly!!
                True, but as of right now it feels as if the world betrayed me (they did it to me with Enterprise, so this is just history repeating itself), so I have no patience for niceties.

Suffice it to say, anyone who I offend should't be bothered by it; I'm just sort of stuck on "rant mode" right now.

Comment

i just read about stargate sg1 being cancelled. i cant belive it , but here hopeing they make a fantastic last episode that everyone will love

Comment

Cooper says Stargate Sg-1 will go on.....so keep watching and just have hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                      I like the idea of organizing a big tissue box mail-in to Skiffy I think writing "Send more" on them would be perfect As well as adding a little note in the box declaring our undying love and devotion to this show. If I knew how to organize such a thing, I would

Perhaps the wonderful people who run GW who are fans like us would do it?
                      That's a pretty cool idea, actually. The tissue box send-in, that is.

Comment

That last post is in accordance with the more recent news at gateworld.

Comment

SciFi has officially confirmed it:
                          SG-1 Ends Run; Atlantis Back

SciFi issued the following statement:
                          SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis.
                          Digg Link
                          Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 21 August 2006, 04:27 PM. Reason: Added Digg Link
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                            Instead of sending all the tissue boxes bit by bit, let's send them to one of our number in Vancouver who owns a car and ask that person to deliver them all on the same day. It will make much more of an impact.

Anybody up for helping that way?
                            First, it's not to vancouver they must be sent but to skiffy HQ. And I think it would be better to send them separately. There is nothing that makes more of a point than repeatedly getting tissue boxes over a period of time instead of in one bulk that you throw out the next day Like getting a chain mail again and again and again...

Secretary: Ma'am...we've got more tissue boxes...
                            Prez of Skiffy: Damn...Why won't they give up already?

Us: Gaters will never leave their favorite shows behind!
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

So that Atlantis and SG-1 would be on different venues, talk about pathetic. Time to let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                                First, it's not to vancouver they must be sent but to skiffy HQ. And I think it would be better to send them separately. There is nothing that makes more of a point than repeatedly getting tissue boxes over a period of time instead of in one bulk that you throw out the next day Like getting a chain mail again and again and again...

Secretary: Ma'am...we've got more tissue boxes...
                                Prez of Skiffy: Damn...Why won't they give up already?

Us: Gaters will never leave their favorite shows behind!
                                Lol... It's past one in the morning. I'm not quite with it. I meant SciFi, you know I did. I'm just a leeeeeeeettle bit sleepy-headed. *laughs*

Comment

Working...
                                X