Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind it being cancelled if it wasn't that the SciFi Channel is exhibiting a trend toward non-science-fiction programming, cancelling one of their very few hard science fiction shows. All they really have left is Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica. Stargate Atlantis seems kind of hokey with a fantastic city that looks like an ancient Star Trek set, and villains that belong more in an Anne Rice novel than a science fiction series.

So that leaves us with Battlestar Galactica. I don't kinow what this year will be like, but it looks like they are out of the ship and living on land, and is this a move to make a less expensive series? If so, viewership will fall away and that show will be cancelled soon, too.

Then? We got wrestling. We got pretend super-heroes. We got reality ghost chasers, and reruns and some other junk, and the really really bad "SciFi Original" movies. What's left to watch?

Nothing.

Good short-term tactics aren't always effectifve long-term strategy. NBC is going to do really really bad this television seasson, and SciFi could be a bright spot, but...

Comment

I am not totally disapointed that stargate got cancelled,but what has hit me is the way they have cancelled it.
      You have all the fans of the U.S. etc watching season 10,then they say they have cancelled the show,doesn't that spoil season 10 for other people?
      The other thing is,is the rating on each specific episode,they might be getting ratings from the american fans,but what about the rest of the fans who haven't even had it aired yet so cannot possibly rate anything?
      A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
      Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Rottie
        I am not totally disapointed that stargate got cancelled,but what has hit me is the way they have cancelled it.
        You have all the fans of the U.S. etc watching season 10,then they say they have cancelled the show,doesn't that spoil season 10 for other people?
        The other thing is,is the rating on each specific episode,they might be getting ratings from the american fans,but what about the rest of the fans who haven't even had it aired yet so cannot possibly rate anything?
        They only get ratings for their channel.
        Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

I don't know if anyone here knows this yet- but at the Chicago convention, Micheal Shanks said that the Ori storyline will not be wrapping up this season. This beyond all else gives us hope that we will see more SG-1, that and the fact that in an interview Christopher Judge said to not worry because we might be stuck watching SG-1 for years to come....^_^ so maybe things don't look so bleak after all........ I have hope!
          sigpic
          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            How would that work given Sci-Fi's statement that thier contract with SG1 says that SG1 can't be shown on any other American station though? Does that mean only in first production?
            iTunes isn't an American station. If it was made for iTunes it wont be breaking the contract agreement.

Also you have to wonder if the contract specifically states SG-1 or ALL Stargate. In other words SG-1 may not be able to be made but Stargate Command might

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims
              It almost seems as if it is a fight between the SciFi Channel and MGM. The SciFi Channel wants to have SG-1 for less money and MGM does not want to do this, so they try to put SG-1 on another network. But then the SciFi Channel says that the contract between them prohibits it.
              It seems to be a game for money to them and nothing more.
              I totally concur and it sucks, BIG TIME!

Originally posted by silverdamascus
              That may actually be a good thing, it could be a sign SciFi don't want to ditch SG:1 they just want it for less. That's leaves a hell of a lot more room for hope and compromise than: "You suck, sod off."
              I hope it's a good thing.

Actually, I hope this is just all some terrible ploy to advertise, raise brows, and get more viewers to that 2 million.

Originally posted by Anjirika
              I don't know if anyone here knows this yet- but at the Chicago convention, Micheal Shanks said that the Ori storyline will not be wrapping up this season. This beyond all else gives us hope that we will see more SG-1, that and the fact that in an interview Christopher Judge said to not worry because we might be stuck watching SG-1 for years to come....^_^ so maybe things don't look so bleak after all........ I have hope!
              Thank you! It helps a lot. I wanted to go to the Convention at the Rosemont, but had a difficult time getting tickets to go by the time I found out about it (found out about it 2 weeks prior to the actual convention).

From everything I've heard about MGM shopping around for a new network, to SHO possibly picking it up again, to this ... it sounds a lot more promising that it WILL indeed go on.

Comment

the scifi channel is making a big mistake this show have made there channel to what it is today and with out it they will fall ,most viewers will say f" that and will not watch this channel again . stargate atlantis is a good show but without sg1 it will be very hard for them to survive .sg1 was and always be the stronger show . one men's trash is some one ales gold if you know what i mean ,the show will get picked up by other channel maybe not right away but they will, no smart business men can let go of that. so don't worry we will prevail.:

Comment

One of my Canadian friends told me that he caught wind of an interview with Peter Deluise on Space that he has no life outside of SG-1 so if it is truly cancelled then he won't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by GaterFanatic
                    One of my Canadian friends told me that he caught wind of an interview with Peter Deluise on Space that he has no life outside of SG-1 so if it is truly cancelled then he won't know what to do.
                    Yeah, I saw that one too......that particular part gave me hope as well. And I must say, when they were thanking the fans- I bawled.
                    Last edited by Anjirika; 27 August 2006, 07:58 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

I also just had one of my friends up in NY tell me that the major problem with letter writing campaigns is that the networks know that if they recieve 1 million letters then only 500,000 of those people will actually watch the show if they put it back on the air leaving them to wonder where the other 500,000 people are and why they aren't watching a show they so desperately tried to save from cancellation.

Comment

If this is truely going to be the last season, then all I can think is they at least better have a movie on par with, if not better than, the Peacekeeper Wars. The primary problem I see is not impeding with the Atlantis storyline, so nothing huge such as the Earth population discovering the truth about the Stargates could happen (which really pisses me off, as I always saw the end of SG-1 being something relating to the Earth learning about its existance, and unifying together in a happy-go-lucky lets-make-peace-in-the-universe type alliance).

Comment

Originally posted by Saethan
                          If this is truely going to be the last season
                          It won't be the last

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymz
                            It won't be the last
                            Ditto.
                            Ian

Comment

We also do not believe that it is the last season. But if the search for a new network will take too long then the actors may be gone. They know now that Stargate SG-1 has been cancelled and if there are no information known to them that the show might go on, then they will go to castings again and search for something new.
                              So maybe MGM finds another network and then the actors are gone.

We also thought yesterday when we read the news at gateworld that there is something wrong. It almost feels like when they told us that RDA is only going to do 2 episodes in season nine. First there were a couple of episodes, then less and suddenly only two were left.
                              Maybe it is the same now. MGM tries to calm us down by saying that they search for another network and possibly they do not even do that. We do not want to offend somebody but it was just an idea.

Comment

I recently emailed the BBC about picking up SG1 and I have got a reply, it seems like they may look into the possibility of taking it on. The BBC is the biggest broadcasting corporation in the world. They may mainly focus on British programs but they do air some American Sci Fi such as star trek.

BBC reply:
                                Dear Peter

Thank you for your e mail.

I understand that you would like the BBC to acquire the rights for the Sci-Fi
                                programme 'Stargate SG-1' and commission more episodes.

Please be assured that I have registered your interest on an audience log, this
                                internal document will be made available to the scheduling department and senior
                                management within the BBC. Feedback of this nature helps us when making
                                decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comment will play a
                                part in this process.

As a fan of the programme, you may wish to visit the 'Star SG-1' official

http://www.stargatesg1.com/

Please note that the BBC is not responsible for the content found on any
                                external sites.

Further as a fan of science fiction, you may wish to visit the following link
                                which provides this week's listings for Sci-Fi programmes on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/whatso...?genre=ent_sci

Your interest in the BBC is appreciated, thank you for taking the time to
                                contact us.

Regards

Jacqui Allen
                                BBC Information

Comment

Working...
                                X