No announcement yet.

U.K. Sky One / Broadcast Schedule Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five!...hmmm always expected channel 4 to get it, having SG-1 n' all.

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
      I was as well...might still yet - unless Channel 4 chose not to take the rights to SG1 either - it's not exactly a secret that they've struggled to slot it in their schedule, which is why it ended up in the Teen section.

Given their dismal viewing figures, you'd think the BBC would be vying to get their hands on a few decent shows...losing The Simpsons to 4 wasn't their brightest move...neither was paying Sky for the sub-rights to Star Trek TNG and DS9 and then not showing the rest of the series.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

i would prefer channel 5 because i get better picture quality for some reason and there times aren't as awkward
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Channel 5's coming good to be honest lol, it's just aquired Buffy, and now Atlantis?!

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
            I was as well...might still yet - unless Channel 4 chose not to take the rights to SG1 either - it's not exactly a secret that they've struggled to slot it in their schedule, which is why it ended up in the Teen section.

Given their dismal viewing figures, you'd think the BBC would be vying to get their hands on a few decent shows...losing The Simpsons to 4 wasn't their brightest move...neither was paying Sky for the sub-rights to Star Trek TNG and DS9 and then not showing the rest of the series.
            BBC would much rather show Dr.Who than Star Trek......another great move

Comment

Five's definately on the way up if it gets atlantis. i mean, joey (mediocre) and two and a half men (quality!) then a sunday night action movie is good enough, but atlantis?? at least then we wouldn't have to put up with the ruddy T4 crew.

And as for the Dr. Who or ST, no contest. Trek all the way!! im not much of a fan of billie piper, let alone as a serious actress!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I like Five...they've made some different scheduling choices in the past, and I've really enjoyed seeing something different to the norm - like some of the fab documentaries they used to show on Sunday nights...

Their track record with Cult TV and Sci-fi is abyssmal though...

The T4 crew are soooo annoying!!! Let's hope this Five thing is more that a rumour...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Five will be showing Atlantis S1 later this year.C4 will still be showing SG-1,prob on the T4 Sunday slot,unless we hear differently from their PTB.

See link for Five info ;http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1886 (by The Warrior.)

Also see this post:http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1888 ( by Replicarter)

Hope that helps .
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 April 2005, 06:00 AM. Reason: Finding the right posts !
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
                    Channel 4 aren't big on Spin-offs, unless you count Enterprise, but they don't own any other Trek Franchises. Five pick up whatever the other channels don't want, or can't be bothered to afford. Like Atlantis. That's a kinda bad thing on my island, because unless you've got sky (or cable), no one can recieve five with a normal aerial.

Anyway, the government has stopped the BBC from buying bigAmerican shows like the Simpsons, and have told them to make their own original television, that's good news for the British television industry, but not that good for the franchises they're dumping onto two channels who don't care for them much (C4, C5), and one channel that doesn't know what the hell anyone's bloody going on about (ITV)

Comment

I hope they air it during 8 or 9 slots I don’t want it to end up like Alias and few other shows which air during mid night that really p*** me off what is the point of spending sh** loads of money getting a show and the putting it on that late.

Also it is no surprise to me Five have got the rights for Atlantis they share a very close partnership with Sky. Sky produces the there news programms and as mentioned above have share in Five.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Five are bound to place Atlantis at wacky time-slots at a time NOBODY will be able to see without recording, I'm sure of that, it's up to them to prove me wrong.

C4/T4, whatever they like to call themselves, I guess will be airing from mid-September, as FHB said, on a Sunday time-slot, between 2pm-5pm, is my guess. We'll see.
                        __

__

Comment

As our Gat4 thread & campaign seemed useful earlier this year,perhaps we could do a Gat5 one as well,later on this year,depending on exactly how 5 go about airing Atlantis ?

It all depends on their scheduling plans,of course.I'm hoping they go for a mid-evening slot,as that'll get the best figures.....but it seems likely that they'll go for a late night slot !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Five air it through the week, probably a Monday or a Friday, and put it on around 1-2am, the stupidest times. BUT, I may be wrong. Five may have seen it's success both on Sci-Fi and Sky, and put it on at a reasonable time, and that for Five, seems to be around 9-11pm. THAT is probably the best we'll see.
                            __

__

Comment

Well from pervious experience what Five do is put a sci-fi show or other shows they will start it at 8/9/10 time slot and if the ratings do not match there expectations then they will move it later slot of midnight.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Perhaps we should start emailing C5 now and see when they are going to show it. (Yet another channel to put Anubis on ignore!)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X