X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Tony Amendola (Bra'Tac) - Guests on Friday's (Mar 6 '09) Dollhouse:

At The Futon Critic:

(Please follow the link for the complete press release.)

Press Release

DOLLHOUSE

Air Date: Friday, March 06, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:01 PM-10:00 PM EST on FOX
    Episode Title: (DOL-103) "Gray Hour"

FRIDAY, MARCH 6

Guest Cast: Amy Acker as Dr. Claire Saunders; Reed Diamond as Laurence Dominic; Liza Lapira as Ivy; Anson Mount as Vitas; Toby Leonard Moore as Walton; Mark Ivanir as Cyril; Kevin Will as Gerry; Sarah McElligott as Nancy; Andrew Bowen as Scott; Tony Amendola as Atalo Diakos.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Michael Shanks

BURN NOTICE

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/06...spoilers/14089

has a review of the season finale of BURN NOTICE (which repeats this weekend on USA, check your local listings). This review contains SPOILERS for that show, so read at own risk.

You can find more reviews by simply searching for BURN NOTICE at www.google.com/news

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        SPOILERS - SG1 - Shanks - Newark Star-Ledger: Burn Notice, "Lesser Evil":

[NOTE: This article contains spoilers for the Burn Notice second season finale.]

At the Newark Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ):

Burn Notice, "Lesser Evil": I guess this means we're not going to Disney World

by Alan Sepinwall/The Star-Ledger

Thursday March 05, 2009, 11:00 PM

Spoilers for the "Burn Notice" season two finale coming up just as soon as I ask On-Star for the nearest hardware store...

"You have no idea what hell will rain down if we stop watching out for you." -Management "I'll take my chances." -Michael

Spoiler:
        And so an outstanding season of "Burn Notice" comes to an appropriately outstanding ending. "Lesser Evil" featured so many fist-pumping moments that I think I pulled a tendon in my forearm (my guess it was Sam and Madeline making explosive ordinance out of Christmas decorations, gunpowder and non-dairy creamer that did it). But it also featured some wonderfully poignant moments that not only didn't undercut the action, but enhanced it. When you see how much Madeline cares for her son, how scorching Michael and Fi's love for each other is, what a tragic figure Victor turns out to be (and, therefore, how much it pains Michael to put him out of his misery), it only makes those moments when our heroes get over on the bad guys feel more satisfying. This is a show that started off as a diversion at best, then became a fun summer lark, and now I consider it essential, terribly engaging viewing. It feels epic in a way that I never would have expected at any point in season one.

The finale takes care of both Carla and Victor, the former in one of those aforementioned "Hell yeah!" scenes (Fi was probably speaking for half the audience when she said, "Finally!" after putting a bullet in her), the latter in a moment that was deliberately the opposite of satisfying. Victor was introduced as Michael's opposite number -- just as competent, but crazy and overheated where Michael is cool and controlled -- and here we find out he's just another poor ******* who got a burn notice at a bad time, and the poor fortune to lose his family in the bargain. This could have been Michael, and he knows that, and that's why he hesitates so long before letting Victor help him pull the trigger. A great moment for Jeffrey Donovan and Michael Shanks.

I just feel incredibly satisfied by this whole season, and I can't wait to see how things play out next season now that Michael's unquestionably a man without a country. Was Mahoney exaggerating about the threat level, or will we see his weekly missions constantly being disrupted by disgruntled former colleagues popping up to take a shot at Michael, Fi and Sam? And how long do we have to wait, anyway.

Bravo, "Burn Notice."

What did everybody else think?
        SPOILERS - SG1 - Shanks - Entertainment Weekly Online: Burn Notice Finale:

[NOTE: The following article contains SPOILERS for the Burn Notice second season finale episode.]

At Entertainment Weekly Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

'Burn Notice' goes out with a bang and a splash

Mar 5, 2009, 11:05 PM | by Ken Tucker

... In an earlier post I'd complained about how the Carla/Victor stuff was getting in the way of Burn Notice's momentum -- snipping the satisfying snap of Michael's voiceovers, as he described tricks of the spy trade while we watch him craft weapons or execute bone-snapping punches and kicks. But last night, everything clicked into place.
        Spoiler:
        In an hour written by creator Matt Nix and directed by Tim Matheson (yes, the actor who must be weary of being credited as Animal House's Otter, and a darn good TV director), Michael united with his nemesis Victor (Michael Shanks) against his handler-against-his-will Carla (Tricia Helfer). We got some backstory -- Carla killed Victor's family, which is why he hates Carla -- but most of the time, we got the action we craved.

Spoiler:
        And how sweet the moment was when Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) shot Carla; Fi's muttered, "Finally!" was echoed among TV-watchers all across America. More jolting was Michael's mercy-killing of Victor. The final scene, with Michael meeting with John Mahoney as "Management," sets up a great next season, I think. Bravo.

So what did you think of the finale? Satisfied? Not?
        So I know this isn't a discussion of Burn Notice but for those who haven't watched, you must watched just for the sheer pleasure of watching Michael Shanks play Victor.
        Spoiler:
        I was so upset at the end when Victor met his demise - I thought he was a great foil for Michael - they made a great team together and I loved how Michael just trusted him and worked with him. So sad that Shanks won't be back next season.

Shanks is more Victor than Daniel - more energetic, manic, off the cuff - he was wonderful!

And FYI, the show resumes in June for season 3 - maybe a new spy can be brought in? Wonder if Joe Flanigan is interested in a stint in Miami, FL
        sigpic
        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Michael Shanks

BURN NOTICE reviews - spoilers

http://www.comedycentric.com/2009/03...nale-preview/?

http://tv.ign.com/articles/959/959990p1.html

Comment

Ona Grauer (SGA "The Rising")

was in tonight's FLASHPOINT episode, "The Fortress." If you missed it, you can catch her performance (very good) at www.cbs.com or www.ctv.ca. Both sites show full episodes (but US folks must watch CBS, Canucks CTV). Not sure when the episode will go up, but take a peek tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Thanks for those.....

MSOL has a round up of some more reviews on Michael's performance too....with links...

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

alot of stargate sg-1/atlantis actors were in watchmen Jay Brazeau (harlan), Robert Wisden (Colonel Samuels), Jerry Wasserman (president's aide) in inauguration. Frank Cassini (Colonel Grieves) and Garry Chalk (Colonel Chekov) Along Will Alessandro Juliani, Terrence Kelly, Colin Lawrence, Tom McBeath (Maybourne), Niall Matter (Lt. Kemp) , Kevin McNulty (Dr. Warren) , Patrick Saboungi (Kanaan) Jason Schombing (Dr. Robert Rothman), Sonya Salomaa (Charlotte Mayfield), Rob Labelle (Mr. Coolidge), Daryl shutterworth (rygar).

Comment

oh fyi if u look close to the end of the movie where the dude is looking at a massive tv screens in the far right you can see richard dean anderson as macgyver.

Comment

SG1/SGA - Tapping/McGillion - 'Engaged to Kill' Mar 8 '09:

On Sunday, March 8 '09 at 7am on LMN (Lifetime MOVIE Network), the '06 made-for-tv movie, 'Engaged to Kill,' co-starring Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion, Anna Marie DeLuise, Peter DeLuise, Daniella Evangelista (SG1's Crusade), Katharine Isabelle (SG1's Camelot), Elias Toufexis (SGA's The Return, Parts 1 & 2) and Dominic Zamprogna (SGA's Childhood's End) is repeated.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - Dan Shea: Connors' War and Underclassman:

Airing Saturday, March 7 at 11:50AM on STRZ3, 'Connors' War,' co-starring Dan Shea (SG1's Sgt. Siler), Blu Mankuma (SG1's Nightwalkers), Garwin Sanford (SG1's Narim and SGA's Simon), Robin Mossley (SG1's Window of Opportunity and Morpheus) and Elias Toufexis (SGA's The Return, Parts 1 & 2).

Airing Sunday, March 8 at 1:30AM on TNT, 'Underclassman,' co-starring Dan Shea, Peter Bryant (SG1's Family, Affinity and Endgame), Terry Chen (SG1's Maternal Instinct), Ben Cotton (SGA's Dr. Kavanaugh), Zak Santiago (SG1's Evolution, Parts 1 & 2) and Biski Gugushe (an SF in a variety of SG1 episodes).

Repeated again at 1:30pm.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - Colin Cunningham/JR Bourne - 'AntiTrust':

Airing in March on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) [beginning Sat., March 7 at 5pm], the '01 movie, 'AntiTrust,' co-starring: David Lovgren (SG1's Threshold, Bounty and SGA's Inquisition), Jonathon Young (SGA's Runner and Remnants, Sanctuary's Dr. Tesla), Rick Worthy (SG1's The Warrior), Linda Ko (SGA's Nurse Marie), Eric Breker (SG1's Col. Reynolds), Colin Cunningham (SG1/SGA's Maj. Paul Davis), JR Bourne (SG1's Martouf), Ron Halder (SG1's Cronus) and Benita Ha (SG1's Affinity and Endgame).

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Tony Amendola (Bra'Tac) - Guests on CSI: NY Apr 8 '09:

At CBS Press Express:

"Prey" - While investigating the shooting of a man in an empty theater, Stella realizes that the crime scene is oddly familiar and staged, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, April 8 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

GUEST CAST (includes):

Det Jessica Angell............. Emmanuelle Vaugier

Prof Papakota........................ Tony Amendola

UPDATE: Apparently, this is a recurring role for Mr. Amendola

Also at CBS:

"Point of No Return" - When a former medical examiner is found murdered, a white powder found at the scene provides the CSIs with a major lead in tracking the killer when it is discovered that the powder is heroin made from human bodies, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, March 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pop Singer and Actress Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz ("Fall Out Boy") guest star as "Bonnie and Clyde Wannabes."

Prof Papakota......................... Tony Amendola

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Carmen Argenziano - Guest Stars Criminal Minds Mar 11 '09:

At CBS Press Express:

"Demonology" - Agent Prentiss has a personal connection to one of the victims in a series of deaths with religious overtones, on CRIMINAL MINDS, March 11 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

GUEST CAST:

Father Paul Silvano............ Carmen Argenziano

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Jessica Steen - Guests on Flashpoint March 13:

From CBS Press Express:

"Clean Hands" - The SRU must decide how to respond against a colleague after discovering a federal agent they're working with during the transport of a serial killer is sabotaging their mission, on FLASHPOINT, Friday, March 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

GUEST CAST (includes):

Donna............ Jessica Steen

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                                Thanks for those.....

MSOL has a round up of some more reviews on Michael's performance too....with links...

Deeds xx
                                Cool. GOing over there to look

SG1 - Jessica Steen - Guests on Flashpoint March 13:

From CBS Press Express:

"Clean Hands" - The SRU must decide how to respond against a colleague after discovering a federal agent they're working with during the transport of a serial killer is sabotaging their mission, on FLASHPOINT, Friday, March 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

GUEST CAST (includes):

Donna............ Jessica Steen
                                Jessica is subbing for Amy Jo Johnson, who is off the show due to a pregnancy, and is in several episodes.

If you're a fan of FLASHPOINT, check out www.cbs.com or www.ctv.ca to watch episodes/get news. Fannish links include the LJ Community http://community.livejournal.com/theconstabulary/ - which also posts photos and screencaps

Comment

Working...
                                X