Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1/SGA Charity Auction - Lunch with RDA & Amanda, Ben, or Joe F.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow the bid keeps rising - I really like RDA & AT but $10,000 and still a week to go.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Somebody's either got money to burn or theyh're getting a home equity loan. I like the actors, but, sheesh...

Today's stats:

Title: Lunch on set of Stargate with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda
      Tapping and take home a paddle signed by the cast and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
      Current Bid: $12,000.00
      Next Bid: $13,000.00
      Lot Closes: 4/28/2006 6:00:00 PM EST

Title: Enjoy a Unique Lunch on set of Stargate with Ben Browder and cast
      signed paddle!
      Current Bid: $2,300.00
      Next Bid: $2,400.00

Title: Win a Unique Lunch on the Set of Stargate Atlantis with Lead Actor
      Joe Flanigan and Cast Signed Paddle!
      Current Bid: $2,200.00
      Next Bid: $2,300.00

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
        I could be wrong, but my impression is this has Stargate related because of RDA and his affiliation with the two shows in that franchise and with Waterkeeper. It would be nice and would probably raise even more money if BSG things were added. Maybe they will.

Marla
        They have an auction up now for lunch on the BG set with Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff.
        Laura

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper14
          They have an auction up now for lunch on the BG set with Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff.
          Laura
          I saw that Way cool for the BSG fans too.

Marla
          ______
          Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            Somebody's either got money to burn or theyh're getting a home equity loan. I like the actors, but, sheesh...

Today's stats:

Title: Enjoy a Unique Lunch on set of Stargate with Ben Browder and cast
            signed paddle!
            Current Bid: $2,300.00
            Next Bid: $2,400.00

Title: Win a Unique Lunch on the Set of Stargate Atlantis with Lead Actor
            Joe Flanigan and Cast Signed Paddle!
            Current Bid: $2,200.00
            Next Bid: $2,300.00
            That is some serious money we are talking for the RDA/AT lunch! I don't think I would go that high even for a chance to have lunch with Chuck Norris.

Marla
            ______

Comment

Today's stats:

Do we know if this is just one person or do you think a group of fans have gotten together and pooled their resources to have lunch with them as a group? I mean is there anything in the bidding rules that says it can't be more than one person to go to the set for lunch with RDA and AT?

Marla
              ______

Comment

Do we know if this is just one person or do you think a group of fans have gotten together and pooled their resources to have lunch with them as a group? I mean is there anything in the bidding rules that says it can't be more than one person to go to the set for lunch with RDA and AT?

Marla
                It's for individuals only. If a group is planning to visit, they're going to be in for a nasty surprise as the terms stipulate "Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law." The 'register to bid' is ONLY for individuals.

Comment

Marla
                  The most who could be pooling their money together are two people, as the winner can bring a guest. And even splitting it down the middle, that means there are two fans who are willing to spend $6,000+ to see RDA/AT. Not a group of people pooling together $1,000.
                  Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 19 April 2006, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    The most who could be pooling their money together are two people, as the winner can bring a guest. And even splitting it down the middle, that means there are two fans who are willing to spent $6,000+ to see RDA/AT. Not a group of people pooling together $1,000.
                    That would make sense. Background checks on two people is one thing; on a dozen is totally absurd. However, would love to know who has that kind of money to burn!

Comment

It's for individuals only. If a group is planning to visit, they're going to be in for a nasty surprise as the terms stipulate "Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law." The 'register to bid' is ONLY for individuals.
                      In this instance the use of the word 'individuals' is mostly being used to mean that only adults can bid, which is standard use of legal language in instances like this. Minors by law cannot be held responsible or bound by a contractual obligation of this sort. They are most likely saying that no one under 18 (or whatever applicable age of liabilty is recognised in the country of the bidder) is allowed to register and bid.

Just an update on the status of the item.

Title: Lunch on set of Stargate with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping and take home a paddle signed by the cast and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
                      Current Bid: $15,000.00
                      Next Bid: $16,000.00

Marla
                      Last edited by GateAngel; 19 April 2006, 02:00 PM.
                      ______

Comment

In this instance the use of the word 'individuals' is mostly being used to mean that only adults can bid, which is standard use of legal language in instances like this. Minors by law cannot be held responsible or bound by a contractual obligation of this sort. They are most likely saying that no one under 18 (or whatever applicable age of liabilty is recognised in the country of the bidder) is allowed to register and bid.

Title: Lunch on set of Stargate with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping and take home a paddle signed by the cast and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Marla
                        Wow. That chunk of change is definitely newsworthy. I wonder if we'll hear any bit of it in the press. It certainly says something about Stargate fans.

Comment

Marla
                          Well, I also think I'd rather have the lawyers who tossed it together define 'individuals' But still, they won't allow a pack of rabid fans to make the bid

Although at $15,000, it makes you wonder....

Comment

Marla, if you had scrolled down the page farther, you would have seen the question that was replied to:

Can the winning bidder take a friend?

Reply :

Two people can come to the lunch, but there is only one signed paddle.

Also, when you register, their Terms and Conditions of User Agreement clearly states you must be over 18 years of age.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Well, I also think I'd rather have the lawyers who tossed it together define 'individuals' But still, they won't allow a pack of rabid fans to make the bid

Although at $15,000, it makes you wonder....
                              Nah. I think RDA and AT are just that popular. Because if you think about it, even if five crazy friends got together, and each put in 3k in the hopes of raffling the trip between the five of them, that'd suggest that they'd be willing to put in that money with no guarantee that they'd be going.

That just doesn't seem logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Nah. I think RDA and AT are just that popular. Because if you think about it, even if five crazy friends got together, and each put in 3k in the hopes of raffling the trip between the five of them, that'd suggest that they'd be willing to put in that money with no guarantee that they'd be going.

That just doesn't seem logical to me.
                                I'm sure RDA is popular (hence the insane price) but it might not even a stargate fan. Imagine if this is is die-hard MacGyver fan who will go "Jack?" "Sam?" who are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X