Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1/SGA Charity Auction - Lunch with RDA & Amanda, Ben, or Joe F.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    I already said this on the BSG thread but I will say it here too...what a cool opportunity for someone to help AND have a great day ... I wish I had teh $$ to try to do more but I don't so good luck to the bidders and let us know the news if you are a GW member
    Well pooh. I was going to put in a good sized bid, but it seems they don't trust people too much on this site. They want your credit card number as part of the sign in. Sorry, I don't just randomly give away my credit card number without knowing if I am actually paying for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
      Well pooh. I was going to put in a good sized bid, but it seems they don't trust people too much on this site. They want your credit card number as part of the sign in. Sorry, I don't just randomly give away my credit card number without knowing if I am actually paying for something.
      Actually I'm sure they do that so they can place credit checks on people beforehand, so they don't have to worry about someone placing a huge bid and not being able to pay for it.

I know in the fine print for the lunch with AT/RDA it says that a background check is required.

Also from what I can see, there isn't a lunch with Joe Flannigan as part of the bids, but there is one with Ben Browder. Nor do I see anything regarding BSG, but maybe they will be adding more auctions later in the day/week.
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 April 2006, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Nor do I see anything regarding BSG, but maybe they will be adding more auctions later in the day/week.
        I could be wrong, but my impression is this has Stargate related because of RDA and his affiliation with the two shows in that franchise and with Waterkeeper. It would be nice and would probably raise even more money if BSG things were added. Maybe they will.

Marla
        Last edited by GateAngel; 10 April 2006, 09:43 AM.
        ______
        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i'll macgyver a little microphone and camera, so i'll have all the details to see and hear! and only for YOU, since you're my alibi.

sally
          LOL! Deal.
          sigpic

Comment

With a starter bid of $950, any chance of getting in on that bank job?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah_uk
              With a starter bid of $950, any chance of getting in on that bank job?
              Hehehe. Ask Majorsal, but I will provide you with an alibi, same as her.
              sigpic

Comment

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance

"Don't miss your chance to step through the stargate with SG-1, a team of soldiers and scientists, as they travel instantaneously to other planets to explore, forge alliances, defuse crises, establish trade, investigate ancient mysteries, and defend Earth from such hostile forces as the Goa'uld and the Replicators. You will become part of the action with your lunch on the set of the show with Ben Browder, who plays Major Cameron Mitchell. To make your outer space experience all the more unforgettable, you will also receive a cast signed paddle."

Comment

Oh, man, if I had any spare money at all, I'd be bidding my heart out on this. Not only is it neat stuff, but I'm big on conservation biology, so the money is going to such a wonderful cause...
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Actually I'm sure they do that so they can place credit checks on people beforehand, so they don't have to worry about someone placing a huge bid and not being able to pay for it.

I know in the fine print for the lunch with AT/RDA it says that a background check is required.

Also from what I can see, there isn't a lunch with Joe Flannigan as part of the bids, but there is one with Ben Browder. Nor do I see anything regarding BSG, but maybe they will be adding more auctions later in the day/week.
                    Well, whoever wins the bid has to cough up the payment within a prescribed time or they lose the bid. I'm sure there's some kind of trouble for making false bids too.

As for backgroudn checks, fingerprints? Heh, they fingerprint for everything these days! However, background checks sure don't weed out the criminals on American Idol, does it?

Comment

The site says: "Terms of agreement for this lot: Must be redeemed by July 1 2006. Travel and accommodations not included. Background check required. Cannot be resold or transferred". So, this will weed out deadbeat and folks on active stalker lists with the FBI (yeah, actors get whacko fans; you know, weed out the ones who think AT is Sam and RDA is Jack and wants to spend hte whole lunch putting 'em together as a couple; don't laugh, I've seen fans like this in fandom throughout the years).

Anyway..

RDA & AT

BB

JF

Wish I could win Lotto..... I'd go for that Galapogos Island tour too!!

Comment

as of this moment (lunch with RDA and Amanda) is up to 3,000.00 with 38 bids.. I so need to get a mega million lottery ticket...and winning it would be good to

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                          Hehehe. Ask Majorsal, but I will provide you with an alibi, same as her.
                          yay, we're a team!

thinks about asking amanda and rick if i can borrow the money from 'them'... then take a few YEARS to pay back.... naw, robbin' the bank's the best choice!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            yay, we're a team!

thinks about asking amanda and rick if i can borrow the money from 'them'... then take a few YEARS to pay back.... naw, robbin' the bank's the best choice!

sally
                            Bank robbing is more fun; I can even help now as I found someone to alibi both of us.

Current Bids:
                            RDA/Amanda: 3500.00
                            Ben: 1400.00
                            Joe: 1400.00
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                              Bank robbing is more fun; I can even help now as I found someone to alibi both of us.

Current Bids:
                              RDA/Amanda: 3500.00
                              Ben: 1400.00
                              Joe: 1400.00
                              Bank? rob Exxon $36 billion in profit last year. Oops, sorry, that was their QUARTERLY profit (largest in history). yeah, go after the oil companies. Then you can do a con a day

And on top of that bid, you gotta pay hotel and airfare, etc.!
                              Last edited by prion; 12 April 2006, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Gah. I'd bid, but it says you have to pay for your own plane tickets and hotel, and I'm broke from 4 cons.

I envy whoever gets the Richard/Amanda lunch.
                                *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                                Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Working...
                                X