This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
    Oh for the love of god... <--- direct quote of reading that SG-1 has been renewed.

No offense, but... I was kind of hoping they wouldn't

But of course, this hasn't been confirmed so... *crosses fingers*

... They're gonna renew it... *sigh*
    That's totally a joke, right? That's what the smilie means, right? You're hoping they aregoing to renew, right?

Because what calamity will befall humanity if these series continue?

Sorry, but I get annoyed when people say that a series should be cancelled.

Granted, I may change my tune if future reality series featuring hunting down and killing people ever become popular, but since SG-1/-A don't actually kill their guest stars....
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Because what calamity will befall humanity if these series continue? Sorry, but I get annoyed when people say that a series should be cancelled.
      I agree. If people don't like the show, they should just stop watching rather than hope for its cancellation and ruin it for the rest of us. For me, I used to rather like Smallville, but now it's kind of lost its appeal to me so I don't watch it anymore. You don't see me making an "anti-Smallville" thread and championing its cancellation. I'm not going around crossing my fingers and hoping they don't get another season. I simply don't care. Wait, I take that back...I would actually be sad if it got cancelled because I know a lot of people who like the show very much and I would hate for them to lose it.

You can "pretend" that any show is cancelled and get all the benefits of it actually being cancelled, but the converse is not true for those fans who have lost their favorite show.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

That's good to hear, but I'll also be waiting for the official word before I celebrate. If SG-1 gets another season, it'll beat X-Files for the second longest running sci-fi on record! That would be cool!
        Last edited by Rowana; 22 October 2005, 10:54 AM.
        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          That's totally a joke, right? That's what the smilie means, right? You're hoping they aregoing to renew, right?

Because what calamity will befall humanity if these series continue?

Sorry, but I get annoyed when people say that a series should be cancelled.

Granted, I may change my tune if future reality series featuring hunting down and killing people ever become popular, but since SG-1/-A don't actually kill their guest stars....
          I'm not saying that it should get cancelled. It's just that the show has gone down hill.

I just don't like the way it's going or anything.

I won't be losing any sleep if it gets cancelled or not.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Well, news out of New Zealand was that Torri and crew still didn't know whether or not the show had been renewed. That's as of today... er... or possibly tomorrow. Maybe they just didn't get the memo. lol

EDIT: While I understand how frustrating it can be to hear people advocating the cancellation of a show you love, is it really necessary to tell those people how annoying you think they/their opinion is? Or that you're sick of hearing it? You don't have to agree, but why go out of your way to be so negative about it?

And while you may not intend it, think about how what you're saying could be perceived: If you're annoyed by something and are sick of hearing it, doesn't that imply that you want it to stop? How do you think that makes people feel, to be told that they/their opinion is annoying? Isn't it easier/friendlier to simply say why you disagree?

Personally, I have no doubts that both shows will get renewed. I wonder at the wisdom of that in SG-1's case, but I don't really give a flip one way or ther other: cancelled or not, I won't be watching season 10.

S3 of Atlantis, on the other hand... *sigh* Mostly hope yes, but I don't think I'll be storming the studio with torches and pitchforks if it doesn't get renewed.
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 24 October 2005, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I don't suppose there's any way to curb the self-righteous outrage every time someone dares to suggest that they think the show should be cancelled/that they don't care if it happens?

If you're sick of hearing it, imagine how sick they must be of being told to STFU. But I digress...
              Yeah... it's always "self-righteous" when it's somebody else being outraged, isn't it?

No one here has suggested that anyone STFU for suggesting that the series be cancelled. I am not the least bit bothered by someone saying they hate a show and that they will herewith cancel their personal viewing of it; what bugs the blue blazin' daylights outta me is people who are so pretentious as to declare that a show they dislike is unworthy of continuing, as though they were the ultimate judges of good taste.

Frankly, I associate such narrow-minded and didactic thinking with book burners.
              Gracie

Comment

And as Marty said, that wasn't what she meant.

I suppose it's all a matter of choice. If a show is cancelled, NO ONE can watch it, but if it continues, folks can choose whether or not they tune in. *shrug*

Still, I've been on both sides of the coin and while it's annoying to see people wishing cancellation on a show you love (kind of a spoilsport thing), I think people do get a little overly defensive about it- one person (or even a group) wanting to see a show get cancelled isn't going to make it happen any more than a group wanting to see it continue will make it continue. *snip*

As I said, I don't think there's any cause for concern on the parts of the fans. Both shows are almost guaranteed renewal.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 24 October 2005, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I can't wait for season 3 of Atlantis...I saw the Siege part 3 for the first time a few days ago and it was brilliant.

Not too keen on SG1 s10, because I really do think they're going to run it completely into the ground which would be terrible after so many great years.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    So why get all pissed off over it?
                    Who, here, on this list got pissed over it?
                    Gracie

Comment

Well, I'm happy to think renewal might be in the cards. As anyone within 1000 miles of me knows by now, renewal means there will definitely be SET TOURS at the Vancouver con in March, which is the main reason I am going.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        Well, I'm happy to think renewal might be in the cards. As anyone within 1000 miles of me knows by now, renewal means there will definitely be SET TOURS at the Vancouver con in March, which is the main reason I am going.
                        Humph, and there was I thinking it was my scintillating company which was tempting you out of the woodwork for the weekend.

FF
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                          Humph, and there was I thinking it was my scintillating company which was tempting you out of the woodwork for the weekend.

FF
                          Oh, okay, so the Set Tours are my number TWO reason for going...

Comment

Er, renewal of the show and set tours by Creation are two different things entirely. I wouldn't book the con until they can guarantee the set tours.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              Er, renewal of the show and set tours by Creation are two different things entirely. I wouldn't book the con until they can guarantee the set tours.
                              I bought my ticket the day they went on sale and Creation now says on their website that the tours have been confirmed. So I'm not worried.

Besides, from the beginning Creation said if the tour portion got cancelled, my ticket was fully refundable.

Comment

I bought my ticket the day they went on sale and Creation now says on their website that the tours have been confirmed. So I'm not worried.

Besides, from the beginning Creation said if the tour portion got cancelled, my ticket was fully refundable.
                                Wow, guess they've finally learned to give refunds. Before, they never did - but then they wouldn't tell you the guest cancelled either.

Comment

Working...
                                X