X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A for me

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but i sat a cup of coffe on my Stargate coaster yesterday, and there is a crack on the clear part now. I've been using the coaster for months(Pride of place next to my laptop), and the crack is fairly pronounced. The strange thing is that the coffee cup i use doesn't sit on the event horizon, it sits on the gate part...
      Just a heads up that maybe the Stargate coasters might have a short life before they start to fail...
      Last edited by bar; 13 November 2009, 12:03 PM.
      e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

I like C and the Original. A and B have a good metallic effect but are a bit too dark and dreary.
        //

O'Neill: Phasers?
        Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Hey Andy any chance we can see the Glider on the base next to the 302 on its base please ?

Comment

Hi Andy,

I am now the proud owner of THREE Qmx Star Trek metal Enterprises. I love the new movie design and your work is just as elegant and beautiful. I have a few questions though; how is the saucer section cemented to the rest of the ship? Is it all one piece or is it glued? Any possibility of the glue wearing off over time, if that is what is used? Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Also, has QMx ever considered making one of those USS Kelvin tin salt shakers we see in the Star Trek movie?
              sigpic

Comment

I just pre-ordered the Death Glider from Entertainment Earth!!! Although I would have gotten it from Quantum Mechanix if there was a pre-order!

Comment

Just a quick question. Has there ever been talk of doing anymore of the Gould ships? Mainly the likes of the Ha'tak or even Al'kesh or cargo ship?

Comment

Wasn't the Glider supposed to be up for pre-order this month and shipping early next month? I know EE has a pre-order up, but with no word from QMx... Has it been delayed until next year?

Comment

Hey folks - here's the update on the Death Glider:

So, after hearing some of the initial concerns on the paint master, I stopped production for about a month so we could explore alternate paint jobs. You're feedback here was crucial in that process. We have since restarted production (the box art just started printing yesterday). All-in-all, we lost about three weeks. But we feel, as fans ourselves, that we get the details right.

As for preordering - when we preorder stuff, we really hate it when we have to wait for months to get our latest Object of Desire. So, as general rule, we don't start taking preorders until the product is "on the boat", as it were. Only exception are our Artisan models, and that's only because those are build-to-order and so already have an extended lead time.

Not to worry - the Death Glider will be up on the site very soon.

Roddy - that's awesome that you bought three! I had to give up my personal one this week as there's a show that was interested in maybe using it in an upcoming episode :-) As for the Kelvin S&P Shaker - hm, yes, that does sound like something we might do, doesn't it? ;-) Only thing I can say officially right now is no one knows what that prop really looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
                        Hey Andy any chance we can see the Glider on the base next to the 302 on its base please ?
                        Purty Please

Comment

I'd love a puddle jumper, deadalus class ship, or asgard ship replica model

PS. how big is the f302 are there any 'real' pictures of any next to random household objects so I can get a good idea of the size?
                          Last edited by Paradoxum; 10 December 2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

QMx Andy said that the Puddle Jumper would come out around next spring I think.

Comment

Purty Please
                              With sugar on top !

Comment

Hi Mooncat (and everyone else): The masters are all in Hong Kong for final QA of the manufactured replicas (they're used to make sure each replica is exactly correct), so I can't give you a side-by-side just yet.

But, perhaps you'll accept this as your holiday gift/consolation prize?

With the extra time we had with reviewing the paint master again – thanks to your feedback – we decided to add one last bonus feature. Let me know what you think (and keep in mind the scale; the figures are barely a half-inch tall):

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
                                X