No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first and last figures are the deluxe and the other is the standard figure.

These should be the same size as the standard size figures.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
      And, btw roll my blues - if you ever attempt making this General O'Neill in dress blues and then don't know what to do with him afterwards - I'd just buy him
      I was thinking of that figure again the other day. It's a possiblility but the reality of it still feels a long way off. I'm back to collecting ideas on how to make it work though. One day it'll happen if DST doesn't beat me to it.

Originally posted by rowie4life View Post
      The first and last figures are the deluxe and the other is the standard figure.

These should be the same size as the standard size figures.
      Fabulous info there. Good to know. Thanks.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Minor custom of the jacketless Weir.

I’ve caught the custom bug again so I have a few more waiting in the wings.

Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Nice. I like the detail of the two-tone shirt.
          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
            Nice. I like the detail of the two-tone shirt.
            So do I, on the design of the figure, I mean. I thought it was a nice touch that the seam of the side panel was molded into the shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
              Minor custom of the jacketless Weir.

I’ve caught the custom bug again so I have a few more waiting in the wings.

Nice job. I was thinking about doing the same with a Weir figure. I really wanted that Long Goodbye version.

Comment

Yeah, I was let down that DST decided to change that. Film-accuracy should be a given with these niche market toys. You'd expect Playmates or Kenner (back in the day) to do that kind of stuff, but not a company that's supposed to be on the same level as MacFarlane.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

Ok, I admit that this one is a stretch, but until the real thing comes along….

I give you Dr. Janet Fraiser.

I originally wanted to have a figure of Janet in her on-base uniform with lab coat but that just wasn’t panning out for me. So I looked for other ways to suggest the idea of Janet. I went with woodland camo that she would often wear off-world (and on-base in Hathor) and added the impression of surgical gloves.

Other than the fact that she’s entirely too tall she’s a great addition to my shelf.

Comment

That's really good. That paint job must have taken ages!

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                      That's really good. That paint job must have taken ages!

Hahaha... it DID! Who knew something so haphazard could take so much time.

Comment

Really nice! Where did she steal the Medic-case from? I'd like to have one as well, it looks so much better than the one Daniel has in my picture:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ions/PPP21.jpg

(it actually has a red cross, but it's on the other side, and the camera woman didn't check that it was visible). But at least Sam holds a nice chart.

And I wanted to ask also about the Weir figure. Did you paint the shirt sleeves from a Field ops Weir? She looks indeed like a T-shirt version, I hope we'll get one one day. Today I realized I just could pop out her arm and then take the jacket off (all the time I thought you had cutted it off, which I would be reluctant to do, since I kinda like the open jacket as well) but still I would be stuck with long sleeves, then

Can't remember seeing her in her jacket in the third season (wich just ended this week in Germany) anytime, only in various T-shirts with different necklines. And I noticed that even when being on Earth in "The Return" she still sticks to red shirts - out of habit? And what does it tell about me that I suddenly like to wear these as well? *wonders*
                        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                          Really nice! Where did she steal the Medic-case from? I'd like to have one as well, it looks so much better than the one Daniel has in my picture:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ions/PPP21.jpg

(it actually has a red cross, but it's on the other side, and the camera woman didn't check that it was visible). But at least Sam holds a nice chart.

And I wanted to ask also about the Weir figure. Did you paint the shirt sleeves from a Field ops Weir? She looks indeed like a T-shirt version, I hope we'll get one one day. Today I realized I just could pop out her arm and then take the jacket off (all the time I thought you had cutted it off, which I would be reluctant to do, since I kinda like the open jacket as well) but still I would be stuck with long sleeves, then

Can't remember seeing her in her jacket in the third season (wich just ended this week in Germany) anytime, only in various T-shirts with different necklines. And I noticed that even when being on Earth in "The Return" she still sticks to red shirts - out of habit? And what does it tell about me that I suddenly like to wear these as well? *wonders*
                          Thanks! I borrowed the medic case from my Battlestar Galactica Chief Tyrol figure. Just one more thing to give the impression of Janet out in the field.

You have it right in regards to Weir. The torso and arms are from the field ops version and the legs are from the regular version (to avoid having to color match and paint the legs).

And enjoy the red shirts. Are you wearing your watch face on the inside of your wrist as well? Sounds funny, but I notice that Weir often wears her watch backwards.

Comment

Great job on the Janet figure!

Comment

Hi everyone,,
                              I am looking for a head for a Field OPS Major Lorne custom figure. Any ideas which head would fit the best? As his body I will use the Field OPS Sheppard figure.
                              We made a decision and say: maybe.

Tragic: 4 of 3 Germans cannot count correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.McLane View Post
                                Hi everyone,,
                                I am looking for a head for a Field OPS Major Lorne custom figure. Any ideas which head would fit the best? As his body I will use the Field OPS Sheppard figure.
                                Funny enough, thats the custom I'm working on right now. I stumbled upon this guy that I think looks a lot like him. Wesley from the Buffy line. Other than a difference in skin tones it looks mint on the figure.

Anybody else think it looks enough like him?

And thanks to everybody for all the comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X