No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.50mm and 2mm plasticard (styrene plastic,) card from an old pizza box, a nut and bolt, paint and a bit of time. If I hadn’t nearly cut my finger off it would have looked better.

0.5mm plasticard for the spiky thing (held to the iris with a nut and bolt.) 2.0mm plasticard for the 16 bits of the iris, which are glued on the pizza box. Painted with Warhammer paints Codex Grey and Mithril silver.
    Last edited by rowie4life; 26 August 2007, 03:38 PM.

Comment

That is fantastic my friend. I love it.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

KREE JAFFA, BOW BEFORE HIM

Hi guys,
        i startet to make an Apophis figure a month ago, with an Elite Sepent Guard figure,...and here he is...

I´ve paint him a Hand of Light on his right hand.

Hope you like him...^^ (Cant wait for Series 4 with the Transport Rings for him.)

Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Originally posted by O´Neill View Post

Hi guys,
          i startet to make an Apophis figure a month ago, with an Elite Sepent Guard figure,...and here he is...

Hope you like him...^^ (Cant wait for Series 4 with the Transport Rings for him.)

Very cool, O'Neill.

Comment

Great Apophis, O'Neill. Did a wonderful job on him.
            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by O´Neill View Post

Hi guys,

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by rowie4life View Post
                Not a figure but a custom.
                Oh that looks so cool!

Comment

Not really much of a custom as I did very little to achieve this look. But a bit of fun nonetheless, plus I really enjoyed the episode that this is based on - The Return.

Besides, I got to dust off the custom thread. I’ve missed this thread.

Comment

Looking good, though. Nice work.
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I've gotta ask, how did you get those guns? I read on an earlier post that they can be bought separatly from the figures, but I looked at the TM website and didn't see them

Edit: nevermind, I found them

Comment

Ok i gotta ask what is the "TM website"?

Awesome figure!

Comment

I don't know how useful this tidbit is yet but during prep for a custom I noticed that Weir's hair can be removed from her head. I realized this was possible I just hadn't experienced it until now. Just thought I'd share with the class.

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
                            I’m not sure of the scale, but you might find one of the Buffy figures that would work.
                            I know there was a Spike figure that came out with out a shirt….

I found this one:

I guess I could do a paint job on this, but the size is rather small. It said only 6" in the description. Would that be exactly 6" or is there a chance he would be a bit larger? Don't know if the heads still would fit.
                            I haven't found out yet - some say it was DST making them, but other sides had other names. Not sure if this is important.

And then I found these two:

The Hawaiian shirt on Spike looks as if it can be removed. Or do you think it was molded on? Hard to tell. The shirt of Angel is definitely molded on. I see those weird shoulder joints. Do you think that Spike looks under the shirt the same? Then it would not look nice to have Jack such arms, I guess.

What would be nice about those figures, that I would get two for the price of one, plus they are coming with some extras - the pizza carton could be used for the scene of Jack and Teal'c standing before Sam's door

I couldn't find anything about the size of those figures.

So, does anybody own any of these and can tell me further details? Would be very appreciated!

PS:

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                            I guess I could do a paint job on this, but the size is rather small... The Hawaiian shirt on Spike looks as if it can be removed. Or do you think it was molded on? Hard to tell...

*shakes head* Look at me, I'm talking like a professional in here, though it's the first time I ever attend something like that! But appearance is everything, right?
                            Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

but the size is rather small. It said only 6" in the description. Would that be exactly 6" or is there a chance he would be a bit larger? Don't know if the heads still would fit.
                              I haven't found out yet - some say it was DST making them, but other sides had other names. Not sure if this is important.
                              Someone else might be able to answer this more accurately. I have very little to go on but from what I've seen the sizes are similar but not identical. They do look a little smaller than the Stargate figures. Would take a bit more research.

While both sets are released by DST the sculpting for Buffy was done by Gentle Giant I believe (while Stargate is Jean St Jean).

The Hawaiian shirt on Spike looks as if it can be removed.
                              I did a quick search and if you were to cut off the shirt you're left with him in a white tank top.

What would be nice about those figures, that I would get two for the price of one, plus they are coming with some extras - the pizza carton could be used for the scene of Jack and Teal'c standing before Sam's door
                              I would love to see Teal'c in that hat.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                                from what I've seen the sizes are similar but not identical. They do look a little smaller than the Stargate figures.
                                I guess I'll take my chances if I can get them rather cheap. Maybe it will not look too odd if the head was a bit larger than the body. Question is only if I have to do something permanent to the head to make it fit (which means, I'd have to buy an extra Jack yet)

I just thought that there was some kind of scale which is used no matter which line. I'm really very new to all this. Sometimes I see accessoires with the description 1/6 and never know if this would be a matching scale or not.

I did a quick search and if you were to cut off the shirt you're left with him in a white tank top.
                                Well, this would be at least something!

I even searched for some Wrestling figures yesterday Though there were many shirtless, they had way too many muscles for Jack so I gave up this thought.

I would love to see Teal'c in that hat.
                                I already have a Cowboy hat (plastic, worn by a chocolate figure, I keep all such things), but it is way too large for him. And I'd need a Western outfit vest as well... but it's on my list of things to do

And, btw roll my blues - if you ever attempt making this General O'Neill in dress blues and then don't know what to do with him afterwards - I'd just buy him
                                Last edited by GermanAstra; 18 February 2008, 01:43 PM.
                                Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Working...
                                X