This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabine Bauer View Post
    Sorry that this took me a while, guys. Was up to my eyeballs in the rewrite of Mirror Mirror. The whole exercise was livened up by a flat tire on the car and a shot shoulder, so all-in-all it's been an interesting week
    Ooo, I hope you're feeling better! Working on keyboards and sore shoulders do not make for a winning combination.

I don't think she'll disappear completely--there's always the books And Elizabeth features quite heavily in Mirror Mirror (in more ways than one, so to speak... ). I kinda like taking the usually base-bound characters, like Elizabeth (or Hammond and Janet Fraiser as well), and have them bounce around in the universe a little.
    Well, we love it when you take them and create storylines for them. And like Scary Kitty mentioned, now I'm even MORE intrigued and excited. Three months away! Evil!

And I do hope that people revisit Weir with the books. That's why books and fiction is so great--it's timeless.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Just read Geneology and find myself somewhat confused. Is it a sequel to Mirror Mirror?
      Yes. Not sure just how long after the novel that the short story takes place, maybe a few days? weeks? There doesn't appear to be any major spoilers, just some hints about what happened in the novel. But anyone who wants to stay totally spoiler free for Mirror, Mirror should probably hold off on reading Geneology until after they've read the novel.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      And I do hope that people revisit Weir with the books. That's why books and fiction is so great--it's timeless.
      *nods* I think what concerns a lot of Weir fans is that, now that Weir's very existence has been pretty much erased from the show itself, that we'll see her gradually disappear from the books (and other tie-ins, like the audio dramas) as well. That fear is not entirely unfounded, as the same thing happened to Ford after he was taken off the show. But as long as the authors are interested in her character and keeping her story alive, that's good news for the fans.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
        Thanks again! Looking forward to that. And I'm pretty sure I'll like it, I mean - it has Janet in it (on top of Jack and the rest of SG-1, of course). I still consider your "Medical considerations" as some of my favouritest stories.

Will you open a new thread for all kind of feedback, like you did with "Alliances"?

Probably I will!

This is a big book. In fact, I got scolded because it's so big. That's what you get for being an epic historical fantasy writer -- Big Book-itis!

I'm a huge Janet fan, as well as a die-hard original team fan, so writing this one was great fun. Thanks for the kind words on the MC stories. I hope I managed to recapture their feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Just read Geneology and find myself somewhat confused. Is it a sequel to Mirror Mirror?
          It is, yeah. Just a bit of unraveling the aftermath

And thanks, Scary Kitty and Eri13, for the good wishes. Car's fine--until the next time I take it up a logging road, I suppose --and the shoulder's getting there.

Comment

It is, yeah. Just a bit of unraveling the aftermath

And thanks, Scary Kitty and Eri13, for the good wishes. Car's fine--until the next time I take it up a logging road, I suppose --and the shoulder's getting there.

I went and bought the magazine just to get your short story. Needless to say, it only left me wanting more......

Glad to hear the shoulder is on the mend too. Even if it is slow going. You need it well so you can carry all those books to the con. Unless you're going to have them shipped again.
            sigpic

Comment

Karen again. Gotta get this id changed ...

My author copies of 'Do No Harm' have arrived in the mail. Wheee! How exciting. That means they should be heading out to shops and places soon, if they haven't gone already. Yee haw!

Comment

Just got done reading Do No Harm. Loved it!!! It was nice to see Janet Frasier featured so much, she is a great character and I missed her on the show for the last few seasons. It was nice to reliver her a little.

Only one problem:........... I wish there were more books!!! Every time I get done reading a book, I am wishing I had more!!! I am looking forward to Aug. & Sept. since it looks like books are coming out for 2 consecutive months. Write more, authors!!!! Please !!!

Okay I know I am getting a little demanding...sorry!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                  Just got done reading Do No Harm. Loved it!!! It was nice to see Janet Frasier featured so much, she is a great character and I missed her on the show for the last few seasons. It was nice to reliver her a little.
                  Wow! Thanks, I'm so happy you enjoyed it, Gatechick! Yes, this is Karen, still not signed in under author id. Sigh.

As for more books, well, I'm pretty sure we're writing as fast as we can ...

Mind if I ask you where you scored your copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gategusher View Post
                    Wow! Thanks, I'm so happy you enjoyed it, Gatechick! Yes, this is Karen, still not signed in under author id. Sigh.

As for more books, well, I'm pretty sure we're writing as fast as we can ...

Mind if I ask you where you scored your copy?

I preordered mine from Barnes and Nobles. They released it May 15, and not a day too soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                      I preordered mine from Barnes and Nobles. They released it May 15, and not a day too soon!!!
                      That's good to know, so many thanks!

Comment

... and we're waiting... *tap, tap*
                        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Just thought I'd let folks know I'll be at the BOBW convention in Sydney, July 4th-6th. I'll have lots of copies of The Barque of Heaven to sell and sign.

The con should be great, Peter Williams, Kavan Smith, Jamie Ray Newman, Ivy Isenberg and Jan Newman will all be there.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.bobw.com.au/

sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
                          http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne Wood View Post
                            Just thought I'd let folks know I'll be at the BOBW convention in Sydney, July 4th-6th. I'll have lots of copies of The Barque of Heaven to sell and sign.

The con should be great, Peter Williams, Kavan Smith, Jamie Ray Newman, Ivy Isenberg and Jan Newman will all be there.

Hope to see you there!
                            Would that I could, I would love to meet you! Alas, Australia is a bit far for me. I'd like to be able to tell you, in person, how much I adored Barque of Heaven (although I suppose I did that already in the post I made a few months ago when I first read it! ). I have read it twice myself and am now reading it to 7-year-old, Stargate obsessed triplets and they LOVE it! And they are actually able to follow the story because your descriptions are so detailed. We are at Gate 10 and they get so excited trying to figure out what is going to happen.

Thanks again for the fun read and have fun at the con!

Crichiel

Comment

Yay! I'm going to get my "Do no harm" copy tomorrow! (According to today's e-mail from Amazon)

Squeeee!
                              Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                                Yay! I'm going to get my "Do no harm" copy tomorrow! (According to today's e-mail from Amazon)

Squeeee!
                                I'm very pleased for you! Now, fingers crossed that you enjoy it ...

Comment

Working...
                                X