This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
    I was wondering if there are any more SGU novels planned?
    I'd like to know too. It's pretty obvious we aren't going to get an end to this series on TV, it'd be cool if it could get a SGA Legacy type send off for the Destiny and her crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch View Post
      I'd like to know too. It's pretty obvious we aren't going to get an end to this series on TV, it'd be cool if it could get a SGA Legacy type send off for the Destiny and her crew.
      I know it's not an official novel, but there's an AMAZING fanfic that is probably as long as the Legacy novels (if not longer) that gives closure to SGU. It's called "Force over distance" and it's the best possible thing to have happened to SGU fandom. It's very intelligently written.Frankly, I don't think any tie-novel novel could possibly compare to it.

Comment

Hi, folks!

I'm Geonn Cannon, and I wrote SG-24 TWO ROADS! I'm proudest of the fact that my novel was the first to feature Claudia Black on the cover. I've gone on to write a short story for the three anthologies (the next one due out June 3!) and I'm currently writing a new novel featuring Vala and the S10 team called FEMALE OF THE SPECIES.

I've been published for about ten years focusing on female characters (almost always lesbian, just because that's the niche I fell into somehow). I've won the Golden Crown Literary Society Award for two novels, the only man to ever win that award, and I'm still writing up a storm. I'm also working with Tello Film to turn one of my original novels, RILEY PARRA, into a webseries. The first installment has been filmed and features Connor Trinneer, Michael from SGA!

If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask about the books, feel free to ask! I'll answer what I can, or maybe other authors will jump in and offer to A some Qs as well.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! We used to get a lot of the authors in here talking about their books. I hope you can convince some others to stop by!

Is your next novel set after Continuum or is it during season 10? Any hints as to what it is about?

Comment

Allow me to introduce myself as well, I'm Susannah Parker Sinard and my Stargate SG-1 novel, "Hall of the Two Truths" was published last summer (2016). I also have a short story in the upcoming anthology, "Homeworlds" due out in a few weeks, and am currently working on another SG-1 novel set towards the end of Season 4.

"Hall of the Two Truths" was my debut publication but I have been a fan fiction writer (Stargate, Star Trek, Sanctuary, Doctor Who) for several years. I have a couple of original works in progress (what writer doesn't!), but they're sitting on the back burner for the time being. I too would be happy to field some questions if anyone is interested! Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Can you give any teasers on your upcoming novel?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                Well...I'm still waiting on approval from MGM, but I've always wanted to tell the story of why the entity (S4: "Entity") selected Sam as its host. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to explore that!
                sigpic

Comment

Sounds interesting. I love stories that follow up on lose ends or one off adventures the team has

Comment

That's one of the things I personally enjoy doing: building off of the existing storylines to explore their ramifications for the team and how it impacts their subsequent actions. For me, it's so much about the characters, and one of the great things (and also the most challenging thing!) about the novels is that we get to be inside their heads in ways not always available in the episodes, and that allows us to know them even more deeply.
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forums! We used to get a lot of the authors in here talking about their books. I hope you can convince some others to stop by!

Is your next novel set after Continuum or is it during season 10? Any hints as to what it is about?
                      I'm here because Fandemonium invited us all to hang out, so I'm sure more will come!

My book is late season 10, three or four episodes pre-finale. I don't know how much I can say, but it involves Sam and Vala working together (hence the title). It also ties into my last novel actually without requiring you to have read it (it helps, of course, it's just not necessary).

Comment

There's a scene in Uninvited where Vala suggests how they should hunt the creature and gets ignored by the team. That always bugged me (and not just because she ended up being right!). So my story was built off the idea of the team not appreciating Vala's input, and putting her together with Sam. Plus it's fun to have workaholic Sam teamed up with the anything-goes Vala.

Comment

I'm glad Fandemonium is encouraging everyone to stop by.
                          Both novels sound like they'll be lots of fun. Can't read to hear more!

Comment

I have to say I also love how Fandy is also still giving fanfiction writers a chance to get published. Susannah, how did Hall of Two Truths come about? Did you pitch to Fandy?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This question is more in regards to placement of the novels. I know halcyon is season 2 and brimstone and hunt and run are season 5, but I don't know what episodes they are between.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                                I have to say I also love how Fandy is also still giving fanfiction writers a chance to get published. Susannah, how did Hall of Two Truths come about? Did you pitch to Fandy?
                                The question wasn't directed to me, but if I could jump in quickly... I also started out in fanfic! But I was also a published author before I got into the world of Stargate novels (fun fact, I had pitched them once before and they actually said no. Then about a month later, they released a book with a very similar plot to what I sent them. Always nice to know why you got rejected and see that it wasn't really your fault ;D)

A few years later, with some novels and awards under my belt, Fandemonium was looking for new blood. Jo Graham suggested me as someone who had a good grasp on the world and characters. They invited me to send them a proposal and a sample, and the rest is history.

Comment

Working...
                                X