No announcement yet.

Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apologies if I came across to pessimistic. In hindsight, I may have been reacting to all the Trek cancellations, which have IMO ripped the heart out of DST's Trek.

On a more positive note, is anyone going to SDCC? If the new wave is shown there along with the Horus Guard it should be a good sign

Comment

Originally posted by Montu View Post
      On a more positive note, is anyone going to SDCC? If the new wave is shown there along with the Horus Guard it should be a good sign
      An even better sign would be if one of the SG fans going to SDCC (wish I could, but being broke on the wrong side of the planet put a dampener on that idea) could take a digital camera with them, and share with us some pictures of the Horus Guard. It feels weird that, less than a month before SG-1 wave 5 is due to ship, we still haven't seen it (nor do we know what the jackel-headed Anubis guard is about; I'm hoping a new mail-away figure, but who knows).

Weirder still, DST hasn't pushed back the release date a half dozen times. *crosses fingers*
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
        An even better sign would be if one of the SG fans going to SDCC (wish I could, but being broke on the wrong side of the planet put a dampener on that idea) could take a digital camera with them, and share with us some pictures of the Horus Guard. It feels weird that, less than a month before SG-1 wave 5 is due to ship, we still haven't seen it (nor do we know what the jackel-headed Anubis guard is about; I'm hoping a new mail-away figure, but who knows).

Weirder still, DST hasn't pushed back the release date a half dozen times. *crosses fingers*
        Maybe it will be like the release of Replicarter and push it back THE DAY OF? LOL

Comment

Don't even say that out loud. No delays. NO delays. Big money. No wammies, no wammies.

Comment

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and only recently joined this board to talk about the action figure line. I've been collecting DST Star Trek, BSG, and Stargate lines from the start and I agree with earlier comments that the lastest Stargate SG-1 Series is in danger of being cancelled. At best, SG-1 series 4 can be delayed for months.

I'm concerned because there has been a relative lack of updates and because DST has a habit pf pulling the plug on a line right at the time of scheduled release (like the late 7 of 9 and Borg series). If enough collectors pre-order sets, this will improve the odds of the line to continue. I wouldn't pre-pay for any of these because there still a good chance of it being cancelled.

Off topic, I hope DST will consider making Stargate Minimates; I love my Star Trek and BSG Minimates.

Comment

I would love to see a 3 3/4" line of Stargate too.

Comment

Ooh ooh! They should make Zats and Wraith Stunners! Those would be so cool! Especially since their phasers are so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Stimpy View Post
                  Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and only recently joined this board to talk about the action figure line. I've been collecting DST Star Trek, BSG, and Stargate lines from the start and I agree with earlier comments that the lastest Stargate SG-1 Series is in danger of being cancelled. At best, SG-1 series 4 can be delayed for months.

(Snippage)

Off topic, I hope DST will consider making Stargate Minimates; I love my Star Trek and BSG Minimates.

1) Welcome to the thread! Its always nice when a new face turns up. That goes for any other lurkjers out there!

2) I understand that people collect the minimates, so that brings revenue to DST/AA. However I worry that mimimates not to mention additional scales of figure lines simply jeaordises the existing line.

Playmates started their 12 and 6 inch scaled Trek figures beofre they were anywhere near completing their 3.34 scale. - The end result when they dropped Trek was a series of various incomplete collections in different scales, instead of any one collection in one scale.

I am not asking for the moon, but I would hope we can get all the main characters from SG1 and Atlantis first before "stretching" the figures range.

Nekoi - sorry to be a damp squib, but its highly unlikely DST / AA would do roleplay weapons for Gate. I say that as they have said they have no plans to make role play for TNG for Trek, and Trek has had a great level of expansion already. - You could ask them though?

http://www.artasylum.com/question
                  Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 16 July 2009, 10:43 AM.
                  Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                  Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                    2) I understand that people collect the minimates, so that brings revenue to DST/AA. However I worry that mimimates not to mention additional scales of figure lines simply jeaordises the existing line.

Playmates started their 12 and 6 inch scaled Trek figures beofre they were anywhere near completing their 3.34 scale. - The end result when they dropped Trek was a series of various incomplete collections in different scales, instead of any one collection in one scale.
                    [/url]
                    I think that the business model for DST is sufficiently different from Playmates that may not be much of an issue.

1) For one thing, DST uses pre-orders to guage whether to go to production; as a result, many products that they develope and market don't get produced. So if they market mini-mates, the decision to produce them would be based mainly on their own merits rather then on the sucess or failure of the main action figure line and vice versa.

2) Minimates are a very different product then the action figures. The introduction of minimates is not likely to take away from the action figure sales unless in the case of some one with very limited funds who prefers the minimates over the action figures. The minimate line won't tye up the studio (Jean St. Jean) that sculpts the action figures and you don't have likeness approval issues.

3) DST seems set in their way to produce no more that 2 action figure series per year for Star Trek, DS9, or Stargate. Having minimates, props, or ship models in the mix probably won't take away from the main action figure lines.

Personally, I would love to get more minor charactors in the action figure line but I'm not to excited about getting yet another Shepard or O'Niel. I would love to get all the main cast again in minimate form.

Comment

Nekoi - sorry to be a damp squib, but its highly unlikely DST / AA would do roleplay weapons for Gate. I say that as they have said they have no plans to make role play for TNG for Trek, and Trek has had a great level of expansion already. - You could ask them though?
                      They said they don't for the time being. That still leaves the future open to possibilities. You never know-- once they've finished the other props from TOS, I can see TNG getting some attention.

Lol I know it's unlikely for Gate roleplay items but it doesn't hurt to ask (which I already did). Come on, Thunderbird, believe!
                      Last edited by nekoi; 19 July 2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I was skimming through the most recent AskDST blog, Star Trek themed, and this caught my eye in one of the DST answers

I know you think the Trek fans outnumber the BSG fans and maybe they do but you’d be shocked to see how much better BSG and SG1 sell over Trek!
                        Would be even more interesting to see some numbers, but I personally wouldn't have guessed it.

Right now I'm glad DST is limiting their SG-1 figures. Better than announcing a figure or line and then taking it back.
                        Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                          I was skimming through the most recent AskDST blog, Star Trek themed, and this caught my eye in one of the DST answers

Would be even more interesting to see some numbers, but I personally wouldn't have guessed it.

Right now I'm glad DST is limiting their SG-1 figures. Better than announcing a figure or line and then taking it back.

BSG AND SG1 outsell Trek?! I am a Trekkie as well as a Gater, but I have to ask, how is that possible?!?

Nekoi - I'll do my best. its just when you have very powerful wishes for certain characters, and it feels like they are the only ones that are never getting addressed, you don't want to risk letting your hopes get too high.
                          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

BSG AND SG1 outsell Trek?! I am a Trekkie as well as a Gater, but I have to ask, how is that possible?!?
                            I would like to see how exactly they calculate this, but speaking from personal experience (and this is probably the wrong place to admit this, I’ll duck now) I’m more of a fan of Star Trek then anything else and I definitely spend more on Stargate figures.
                            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                              I would like to see how exactly they calculate this, but speaking from personal experience (and this is probably the wrong place to admit this, I’ll duck now) I’m more of a fan of Star Trek then anything else and I definitely spend more on Stargate figures.
                              Blues, if you are saying what I think you are saying, - then that potentially crushes my theory that I was in the minority! I too love Trek, I chose to purchase Gate out of a genuine love of the SG1 characters as well as a couple from Atlanis. HOwever, also part of that process was the recognition that it was a more managable, practical collection to build. - In storage / display space and financially speaking due to the smaller range of bigger figures. By contrast I have only bought one DST Trek item, a ship, and even that was stretching things a bit. Glad I got it though.
                              Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 21 July 2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Nothing Stargate from DST at SDCC so far. Maybe they will surprize us today. It is hard to believe with all of the good press SGU is getting that DST would not have something.

On a positive note, the Four Horsemen have displayed a series of Egyptian themed figs. Anubis,Horus, Thoth and a kind of Pharaoh Ra/Atum. They are kind of growing on me but don't like the hoofs.

http://sdcc09.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=786

Comment

Working...
                                X