No announcement yet.

Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forbiddenplanet.co.uk have it really confused ... they list the Horus / Anubis guard as Apophis (the noobs!)

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Originally posted by obsidian1771 View Post
      Forbiddenplanet.co.uk have it really confused ... they list the Horus / Anubis guard as Apophis (the noobs!)
      They even list the five figures - including the Horus guard - in the item description, with no mention of Apophis! One wonders just who writes these product listings, and if anyone at FP bothers to proof-read them.
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Okay, so I changed my mind. Big time. I said I never would buy the 12" figures, but yesterday Daniel and Jack arrived, and I am absolutely amazed!

I like the many pockets at the uniform, all the details, and all the articulation, they pose so well. Already have ordered stuff, a vest, black fingerless gloves, the goggles Jack had when shooting replicators, desert camo uniform... a diving suit... centuries ago I bought a Baywatch Ken, he might be able to rescue Jack or something LOL

Seriously, I had not expected that the torso is cut in two, so it moves into every direction you want to. I have no experience with those things. Does Jack still do crunches? That certainly is a six-pack he has there

When setting up scenes with them, they look great, and the poses very naturally. Okay, Jack's face is still a bit off, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think DST did well, after all. More accessoires would be nice, though. Need to find a holster yet.

Only problem, with all the Barbie stuff I bought (tent, fitness studio, diving gear) - this bigger scale needs more space for stowing!

Oh, boy, a grown woman, playing with puppets... don't tell anybody!
        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Well Folks,
          since the release of the first series i was collecting the Stargate-Action Figures.
          And now i could say, proudly, i got them complete...i´am so excited...

I picked up my missing Gen. Jack O´Neill figure...
          Well i´m so excited because i really like them, since they were released, i start to collecting and reading about all details and informations about the figures, and its very nice to share the pictures and chats about it with you together...

I really looking forward for the next Wave
          I really like to collect them

BTW, i want the last missing Transporter Ring in Wave 5
          Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Hello folks, the latest Stargate / Galactica Ask AA positing is on their blog.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/0...a-30/#more-637

There isn't really that much from a Gater's perspective though.

Noted Question:

Since we are getting Ba’al in his “The Quest” outfit (many thanks, btw!), can we please have an Adria figure, preferably based on her appearance in the same episode? Surely you have Morena Baccarin’s likeness on file from previous Serenity-based products?

DSTChuck: I have to be honest at this point we have covered a good bit of the Stargate universe so we do not have the next series planned yet. If sales are still strong we’ll plan the next wave. Adria is one we have considered for a possible future wave.

Got a question? Ask AA - http://www.artasylum.com/question
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Hmm looks like there were not many questions answered about Stargate Figures.

Well i was spinnin around of possible Figures what we might want to have in future Wave(s).

Air Force Samantha Carter (in her blue uniform with skirt)
              Kull Warrior
              Bra´tac
              Jacob Carter (in his Tokra-dress)
              Gen. Hammond and Gen. Landry 2-pack (both in their white sleeves)
              SG1 in Woodland Camo

So guys what do you think about this?
              Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

I'll be honest, I am worried. - Possibly undually. In the previous Ask DST Q&A's they have said when one wave is announced, the next one is in prep. Thats not the case here.

I have used the Ask A Question form and I'll wait to see if there is a answerin a few weeks. - I would like to see the following characters getting made.

General Landry, Dr Frasier, Bra'Tac and for the System Lords, Apophis. If they did Dr Frasier in the Dress blues that could also work for Colonel Carter. And a careful reusue of the Avalon Vala body could make the Quest version of Adria, I think. - We will have to wait and see what is decided. I also want to see Dr Beckett to round out Atlantis.

I doubt we will see the Cammo outfits, I'm afraid. DST said that when they took them to retailers the response was poor. Thats why they never went further with them.
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

I'm still quite doubtful it means the end of the line, they've said something similar to that before. IIRC, the last time they mentioned they mentioned they didn't have the next wave planned yet was when the Desert wave came out. Besides, DST is usually very forthcoming when it comes to bad news, if it were the end of the line then they would just say it.

Comment

I predict that this will be a popular seller as far as Stargate waves go so I too am hopeful that DST still continue to look at SG-1 as a reasonable bet. And though I would love Bra'tac and Janet, even if this were to be the last wave it would be a good note to go out on. There could always be the possibility of two-packs and I don't see a real reason to keep Atlantis and SG-1 as seperate lines at this point in time.
                    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

If they were to merge the lines, I'd rather see Atlantis versions of the SG-1 characters that appeared in specific episodes, rather than just do a Stargate line as a whole. Keeping it seperate gives a fairly organized feeling to the waves.

Comment

Just a little off-topic, but does the fact that Toyrocket are showing the Anubis Guard photo by the Horus Guard description mean anything ...

http://www.toyrocket.com/Stargate-SG...1569C2829.aspx

... or have they become confused thanks to DST's Premiere of the Wave 5 figures?

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

That is the Horus guard.

http://toyfair09.figures.com/showpho...&size=big&cat=

Comment

I emailed DST customer service about it Monday due to it being skipped again from getting answered in the Q&A, and I got this extremely encouraging reply:

Hi Andrew,

We actually have two new guards in development, both the Horus Guard and the Jackal Guard. We just received the Horus Guard in the office today so look for new pictures soon. The only reason why we showed the Jackal Guard at Toy Fair was because the Horus Guard was not yet finished. Hope this helps!
                            So, not a horrible flub from DST. Just secret planning...

The question is, if they claim not to have the movie license, then what are they intentionally doing with the Anubis/Jackal helmet? Sneaky, sneaky...

Comment

Originally posted by obsidian1771 View Post
                              Just a little off-topic, but does the fact that Toyrocket are showing the Anubis Guard photo by the Horus Guard description mean anything ...

http://www.toyrocket.com/Stargate-SG...1569C2829.aspx

... or have they become confused thanks to DST's Premiere of the Wave 5 figures?
                              I have spoken with a couple of retailers recently - they confirmed that the pictures of prototypes are often used to generate interest in potential preorders of figures.

I am still confused - only two heads have been seen in the series. - The Serpent Guard heads of Apophis, and the Horus Eagle guard heads of Ra - which as Teal'c explained in "Thors Charriot" also serve his family - specifically Hathor and Heru'Ur. How did they swing this then, I thoguht they only had liscence for the series?

Thank heavens we never saw the Jaffa serving Sobek or Bastet, that would really confuse things!

As for a conjoined wave - when you condense a two or three branch figure franchise line you will automatically reduce the demand - because fewer characters will be produced that peple want, which diminishes interest. -
                              This happened with the Playmates Trek line in the Nineties. They condenced the Trek TOS, TNG, DS9 and VGR figure ranges into one brand, and even though the DS9 and Voyager series were still going strong at the time, the figure range died a death. - The characters produced weren't ones people were looking for, and many they did want were lost.
                              Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 29 March 2009, 10:55 AM. Reason: Heavily ammended due to "Breaking News" from JediGreedo!

Comment

So that begs the question, when are we getting this figure and what wave. Wave five or maybe part of a two pack? A two pack of both would be awesome but they hardly ever do that with army builders. So now I'm am just overly excited about all the possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X