Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
    My advice is never bank on action figures generating a lot of money for you. Generally, when you do the figures you have all decrease in value while the ones you didn't pick up skyrocket...it's the way of things. You might be lucky though since that exclusive was offered starting at wave 1 and any figure from wave 1 seems much harder to find than charaters from wave 2. I still need to pick up a MOC Jackson someday to complete my MOC SG-1 collection.
    You hit the nail on the head HirogenG. - I collected the Playmates Trek figures in the Nineties. Main reason, I am a Trekkie. Second reason? Value. Ironically I learned later on that as a mass produced range, their value even now 15 years plus later, is neglegible. I'm glad I have them though. Not to mention my customs!

As for Gate? If I have all the main cast of SG1, (inc both Generals Hammond and Landry) As well as three, particuaraly notable Atlantis characters, I'll be happy. Their collectability does not come into it. (Much!)
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

It's all about demand and supply. When it availability goes down, you'll probably see an increase in price value if people are still wanting the figures.

Usually this won't happen within a decade, but might take even 2 or 3 (much like G.I. Joe or Transformers) to really be considered a special collectors line.

Regardless of how popular they were at the time, it won't entirely be a collectors item until they're almost impossible to get.

Kenner's Power of the Force collection (from the 90's) doesn't even go for much at the moment.

If you're planning on banking with action figures, you need patience.

Comment

That was never my initial plan, not why I bought them in the first place, so it's not a big deal.
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I've been gone awhile. Can someone catch me up with any new developments? I think the last thing I bought was the daniel and teal'c two pack.
          "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix View Post
            I've been gone awhile. Can someone catch me up with any new developments? I think the last thing I bought was the daniel and teal'c two pack.
            That's pretty much it, besides a psuedo-announcement that there will be a PX Ba'al figure in Wave 5 from previews' website. DST's been fairly quiet as far as Stargate has been concerned, though.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
              That's pretty much it, besides a psuedo-announcement that there will be a PX Ba'al figure in Wave 5 from previews' website. DST's been fairly quiet as far as Stargate has been concerned, though.

Yes they have, when should we expect to hear who is in Wave 5?

Comment

Blah, this sucks. All the good figure lines are slowing down. Marvel Legends has been hush hush in favor of Hasbro's Marvel Universe, DST is all quiet on the SG-1 front, I hear there is trouble at NECA regarding the TMNT line, and TF Universe are getting stopped for all the forthcoming movie toys. DC Universe doesn't count, because I can never find any.
                "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Hello all, DST / AA have added in pack pics of Atlantis Wave 3 on their blog. I mention this here, because the limitied edition case topper is the Blue Garrison General O'Neill.

Details here:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/0...laxy/#more-439

Photo here: (Third thumbnail in from the left)

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/SG1...203%20Figures/

Ask your questions here!

http://www.artasylum.com/question
                  Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

So has anyone seen the 12" Mitchell figure that was supposed to have been released on Dec 24th?

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                      Yes they have, when should we expect to hear who is in Wave 5?
                      One of Art Asylum's Q&A sessions said SG-1 wave 5 should be announced around the time Atlantis wave 3 is in shops, which is still due for the end of the month (*fingers crossed*). So, not long now!

DSTChuck:I’ll check with marketing but I think the plan is to announce the line up [SG-1 series 5] very soon and maybe show pictures around the time series 3 Atlantis ships into stores.
                      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Not soon enough. ;___;

Comment

Incase anyone was wondering, the server I host my site (http://daisuke-asakura.com/stargate) is down, but I'll be moving it to my friend's other server sometime soon. Don't worry! It will be back!

Comment

SG1 - Ba'al Action Figure?:

At Comic List News:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

February Previews Spotlights

... PREVIEWS EXCLUSIVES

Each month, we offer items that you can only order through PREVIEWS
                            and February features these great PREVIEWS Exclusives (PX): Dabel
                            Brothers Publishing's Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time: Eye of the World
                            #0 PX Variant Cover; DST's Stargate: SG-1 PX Ba'al Action Figure...

All this and more is waiting in the February issue of PREVIEWS, which
                            hits your local comic shop on Wednesday, January 28th at a cover price
                            of $4.50. Ask your comic shop retailer on how you can qualify for a
                            free issue, and remember that orders are due to your comic shop by
                            February 14th for merchandise in this issue. To find a shop near you,
                            visit www.comicshoplocator.com.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hello folks,

Its that time of the month again!

Ask DST / AA No 22.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/0...a-22/#more-499

There is seems to be more for Galactica than Gate this time round. Even so...

Noted question! (Trimmed for space)

Question - When will we hear about wave 5 of SG1 - What accessories come with Ba’al PX Figure?

DSTChuck: We’ll be announcing SG1 5 at New York Comic Con.

New questions? Ask Here!!

http://www.artasylum.com/question

Comment

I can't wait until NYCC! Then we'll get to hear about the figures we won't be seeing for 2 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X