X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this sucks so much

Comment

Well, at least the project hasn't been cancelled.

Personally, if the game developer feels that the game project is not meeting quality standards, then i would prefer the game be delayed for want of improving the development situation. Nothing is worse than a game developer sending out a sub-par product. Yes, news of the delay is disappointing. I have been following development of SG: Alliance very closely. It looked exceptional in the screenshots. What could be wrong with it i don't know. but at least the game developer felt the need to put the project on hold so that they could develop an exceptional product. Let's just hope the game turns out as great as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
        Another thing is, JoWood didn't have a track record consistent with producing games of the caliber that 'SG-1 Alliance' was supposed to be. Although the screenshots looked impressive, the gameplay supposedly wasn't.

Perhaps with a more experienced game developer house they can complete the game.
        You do have a point there. I never even heard of JoWood until i heard about SG:Alliance. But yes, looks are nothing without quality game play.

Comment

i Cant Believe It! They Are Terminating The Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Was Looking Forward To This
          your new guide to stargate news.
          www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
          www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Another thing is, JoWood didn't have a track record consistent with producing games of the caliber that 'SG-1 Alliance' was supposed to be. Although the screenshots looked impressive, the gameplay supposedly wasn't.

Perhaps with a more experienced game developer house they can complete the game.
            sigpic

Comment

where did you hear this?

Comment

ARRGH! And I know that PC wasn't going to be out till Januray but I was planning on asking for vouchers for it for Xmas. I was looking forward to an alternative purchase to a football managment game (which would be too time consuming for a guy who hopes to be in full time work by then). Ah well, back to the drawing board!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

front page of gateworld.net

Comment

Too bad! I was really looking forward to the game. The positive side is that they won't release a crappy game and disappoint the fans. It would've been even worse, when they had released an unfinised and bad game.

Now we just have to wait and see who takes over the development, perhaps a more well-known developer (at least I hope so). I hope that we can play the game next year.

Comment

I sure do hope that this game will see the light of day. I was sooooo hyped up and had a background for it on my desktop and now.....NOTHING!!!!! so they better continue it with another developer. simply because it would have been the greatest game ever!!!!!

for any gamers here at gateworld I think konami and hideo kojima should join up. that would give SG-1 a metal gear solid tactical espionage action feel. however that will never happen but the thought is mouth watering.

Comment

That really sucks....I can't believe that this has happened....but I am glad that they are willing to pull the game since it doesn't meet their Standards....that just means when the game comes out it will be way better. And I am sure by then it will be something completely different. But I guess we will have to wait to see.
                        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I'm glad that they won't release some second class game. I hope that someone does it and does it well!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                            I'm glad that they won't release some second class game. I hope that someone does it and does it well!
                            Your quite right, but I can't help feeling dissapointed. I was so looking forward to the games release....it's pants that it's not going to happen. At least they seem to be focussed more on quality rather than cashing in on the franchise. So many tv/film games have been completely trashed...here's hoping that one day we'll get the game that the show deserves.

Comment

I know to everyone this game being cancelled sucks, but the only persons fault it is, is JoWood, JoWood are the only people that think this game is not worth it. At E3 this game was said to be the most saught after title they had there. Everyone who played it said the graphics were dazzling and that the gameplay was awesome.

so hmmm, i wonder why JoWood are renegging on the contract. Would it be the fact that they are money hungry austrians, and the only way they could find a leapwhole out of the contract was on how good the game was, which JoWood will see a court case on the horizon as Perception are going to stand up for themselves, which they would easily be able to do. Jowood is obviously just trying to get this game released on the new generation of consoles where they think they will be able to get more money.

I applore you to look behind the one-way, biost media, and see what is really happening, i hope Perception sues JoWood successfuly, and hope JoWood's stocks suffer consequently.

if you notice their little post on this forum, including a link to their stock options... i would be shamed if i had shares in that company.

Patriot.Aus

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                                Your quite right, but I can't help feeling dissapointed. I was so looking forward to the games release....it's pants that it's not going to happen. At least they seem to be focussed more on quality rather than cashing in on the franchise. So many tv/film games have been completely trashed...here's hoping that one day we'll get the game that the show deserves.
                                I'm like you!

My blog : http://stargateguyz.blogtrafic.com

Comment

Working...
                                X