Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If wraith hive ships/crusiers have darts, then wont ancient ships have puddle jumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
    Could probably have them half the size of a wraith dart
    That works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
      They have been mentioned on other threads but what about remote fighters with shields and energy weapons.
      They'd be smaller than a Jumper (coz there would be no need for all that extra space for a pilot and life support systems) and even more maneuverable)
      Although you're probably gonna say that would be too beardy aren't you?
      Ye of little faith......
      Actually no, that's not beardy, that is fluffy. it makes sense that they wouldn't risk lives and, given how drones work, that they could make a mind controlled fighter that won't fry ur brain when it gets 'splashed'. Its a good idea.
      Meredith genius-ness medal here, please

That would be sweet, although in a few decades we might have desktop fabricators that can just make anything (within reason) on command.
      Real world replicator anyone?
      Hahahahaha. I concur
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        Ye of little faith......
        Actually no, that's not beardy, that is fluffy. it makes sense that they wouldn't risk lives and, given how drones work, that they could make a mind controlled fighter that won't fry ur brain when it gets 'splashed'. Its a good idea.
        Meredith genius-ness medal here, please
        Like I said the remote 'Drone' like fighter has been in other threads, I think I should be a true gent and state I think it may have been thekillman I first read posting about it, but I'm damned if I can remember the actual thread it was in.
        Many thanks for the sentiment Meredith medals of any kind rule.
        If the Ancients in all of their wisdom didn't have anything like that then perhaps it's to for Area 51 to get their Ancientness on and build a few instead of putting our lucky gifted 302 pilots in harms way.

Hahahahaha. I concur
        Would be so sweet though, if it does eventually happen, still a Dart would come in useful in the mean time.
        Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 28 November 2008, 09:32 AM. Reason: Amending text

Comment

If the Ancients in all of their wisdom didn't have anything like that then perhaps it's to for Area 51 to get their Ancientness on and build a few instead of putting our lucky gifted 302 pilots in harms way.
          I think luck is the correct term. No one without a plot shield could be THAT good a pilot
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            I think luck is the correct term. No one without a plot shield could be THAT good a pilot
            Those plot shields do come in handy when times get tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
              If wraith hive ships/crusiers have darts, then wont ancient ships have puddle jumpers? It makes sence. It is a counter attack. I understand that a drone is like a sucide puddle jumper and can intercept a dart, but i mean a jumper can take out hundereds of darts instead of 1 drone taking out 1 , MAYBE 2 darts.

Your thoughts

gavatarman

(i know about my spelling, spell check is all F***ed up)

they would need jumpers for transport down to planets. because if an aurora ship landed on a planet, hive ships could destroy the ship before it could take off and jump to hyperspace. so it stays in orbit & sends the jumpers down. they can jump to hyperspace if attacked and rendevous with the jumpers on another planet in the system

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

The people from "The Other Side" weren't nearly as advanced as the Ancients and they had bombers that were remote piloted through a neural interface, of course it fries people's brains after prolonged use but the Ancients should have no such problem. Plus the Asgard could pilot the O'Neill by remote control so it can't be that hard for them to make remote controlled fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                  The people from "The Other Side" weren't nearly as advanced as the Ancients and they had bombers that were remote piloted through a neural interface, of course it fries people's brains after prolonged use but the Ancients should have no such problem. Plus the Asgard could pilot the O'Neill by remote control so it can't be that hard for them to make remote controlled fighters.
                  Has forgotten they First O'Niell was piloted by Remote Control, Makes you wonder why we cannot do the same with smaller crafts

Comment

Has forgotten they First O'Niell was piloted by Remote Control, Makes you wonder why we cannot do the same with smaller crafts
                    Maybe we can but they wouldn't be as manuervable as if they were piloted by humans.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

There will always be trade offs. Remote controlled fighter crafts may be less effective but they keep the pilot safe. That's something the Ancients, Asgard, and most humans value more than the Goa'uld and Wraith.

Comment

controling a ship like an oniell via remote control is easy, you just interface your computer with the oniels and give it instructions like open hyperspace window in such and such direction.

controling fighters is much harder because the computer just dosent do well under battle conditions unless we give it artificial intelegence but thats never EVER a good idea.

take the following movies for example:

1)stealth
                        2) war games
                        3) war games the dead code
                        4) eagle eye

in all of these movies, artificial intelegence toataly screwed us and its just not a good idea to create one to pilot fighters, and without an artificial intelegence, computers just dont work well enough to be a reliable substitute for humans at the controls.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Remote controlled is not the same as computer controlled. Remote control means that there's actually a person controlling the ship.

Also, artificial intelligences in Stargate are much more advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            controling a ship like an oniell via remote control is easy, you just interface your computer with the oniels and give it instructions like open hyperspace window in such and such direction.

controling fighters is much harder because the computer just dosent do well under battle conditions unless we give it artificial intelegence but thats never EVER a good idea.

take the following movies for example:

1)stealth
                            2) war games
                            3) war games the dead code
                            4) eagle eye

in all of these movies, artificial intelegence toataly screwed us and its just not a good idea to create one to pilot fighters, and without an artificial intelegence, computers just dont work well enough to be a reliable substitute for humans at the controls.

Tron as well, terminator, etc........

sigpic
                            Sig made by squirrely1
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Hook it upto your xbox sorted!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                                Remote controlled is not the same as computer controlled. Remote control means that there's actually a person controlling the ship.

Also, artificial intelligences in Stargate are much more advanced.
                                you know what... your right . they are more advance in stargate. take the replicators for example, they were pretty cool werent they..... its a shame they were always trying to kill us and were uncontrollable.....
                                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                                X