Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 Season Eight / Atlantis Season One DVDs on Region 2 announced.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean that there are Atlantis DVDs that just haven't been released. I have vols 1 and 2 I bought them thinking there weren't any coomentaries recorded but they just werent put on the DVDs!!!

This makes me really mad
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
      Does this mean that there are Atlantis DVDs that just haven't been released. I have vols 1 and 2 I bought them thinking there weren't any coomentaries recorded but they just werent put on the DVDs!!!
      German Atlantis DVDs are the same as the UK DVDs (no audio commentaries). They are released here only one week later than in the UK.

But Martin Gero has said several times that he had recorded audio commentaries which will be on the boxed DVD sets.

I've read on a German DVD site (scroll to the bottom) that the episode "Hot Zone" will have an audio commentary with Martin Gero, Rachel Luttrell, RSF and Paul McGillion. Maybe they'll begin with the audio commentaries later (which still means we haven't got any for the first half of the season). Anyway, I've stopped buying the individual Atlantis DVDs (for other reasons) and I'll wait for the boxed DVD set which will have the commentaries.
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Findo
        Where did you find that out? I'm sending out the message below as a result of talking to British MG yesterday and today. If anyone has any further information to offer, I'd be very happy to include it in my next conversation with MGM.

Sally
        We can but hope that MGM's ptb would refund or exchange dvds but the expense of such an exercise would undoubtedly render it unpractical and not financially viable for their profit margins.

This is not information but I would like to know why the UK DVD releases where scheduled to be released so early when it appears that the release date could have been put back a few weeks later or maybe months and would have allowed them to provide the previously established high standard of DVD extras.

Comment

Originally posted by starfish
          We can but hope that MGM's ptb would refund or exchange dvds but the expense of such an exercise would undoubtedly render it unpractical and not financially viable for their profit margins.

This is not information but I would like to know why the UK DVD releases where scheduled to be released so early when it appears that the release date could have been put back a few weeks later or maybe months and would have allowed them to provide the previously established high standard of DVD extras.
          They might have been put forward for release early because MGM thought their would be a demand for the DVDs and it could also been down to the fact they wanted the DVDs out before the new seasons start in the UK.

But honestly, I don't fully understand why they rushed them, the above are just ideas of why, it would be nice if MGM gave an explanation to why they released them early.

Comment

Play.com have updated the details on Volume 42 of SG-1.

The Special Features look very flat on this volume so far:

SG-1 Director series: Reckoning
            The Lowdown: Making of a Stargate Fan
            Photo gallery
            Production design gallery

and the write up's for the episodes must have been done by some one who doesn't know the show, or if these are the official write ups on teh DVD then MGM need to sack the writer. (View the Threads write up)

Reckoning: Part 1 & Part 2
            The mighty Jaffa resistance assembles an army to retake a holy city, while the system Lord Baal desperately seeks help from earth when faced with their common enemy.

Threads
            In Threads the whole galaxy faces a new threat from the Gau'uld. Dr. Daniel must once again decide to face death or ascend when Oma Desala gives him a second chance. O'Neill and Carter struggle with their respective personal relationships.

Dr. Daniel!

Comment

Off topic for a moment
              What does everyone think of play.com
              So far I've bought my DVDs in virgin megastores but am considering buying tem on line. Usually how long after the release date do the DVDs arrive
              sigpic

Comment

Off topic for a moment
                What does everyone think of play.com
                So far I've bought my DVDs in virgin megastores but am considering buying tem on line. Usually how long after the release date do the DVDs arrive
                Mine usually arrive 2 days before from Play.com

i.e. the Saturday before Release

And they're cheaper than anywhere

Thats what I love about Play

Comment

Indeed Play.com is a great place for DVDs, CDs and Games. The prices are good - its free delivery - DVDs arrive before you can get them in the shop - they are in good condition on arrival and well thats about it.

Comment

Play.com have the listings for Volume 4 of Atlantis. Again a clear mistake on the listings and again not many special features.

Atlantis mission directive: Before I Sleep and Human Error with Martin Wood
                    Making of a stargate fan
                    Photo and production galleries

Human Error!

Comment

Quick question do the german Atlantis DVDs have commentaries?
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like they are, this post mentions Hot Zone having an audio commentary present

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=92

Comment

Not so far (I only have #1.1, and there are none). What will be on future Atlantis DVDs we can't say for sure (even the commentary for Hot Zone may be not there in the end, although I found the site to be reliable in the past year).

EDIT: I saw a French commercial for the Atlantis DVDs a few days ago which said: "En DVD A Partir De Mai 2005". Since those DVDs will only be released now, maybe they got the commentaries. You will need a French to prove that, though.
                          Last edited by sgeureka; 29 April 2005, 10:04 PM.

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Wow! After reading everything that has been said here I have decided not to get the seperate SG-1 and Atlantis DVD-s. Not the UK and not the German ones.
                            I'll just wait for the US complete season boxes. I'd advise everyone to do the same. I'm not gonna miss out on any special features and I want to listen to all the commentaries.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've made a thread about the audio commentaries: S8 DVD Audio Commentaries (Region 2 German)

Comment

Thought I would mention that the BBFC have a new listing for the Stargate Atlantis Pilot Episode "Rising" and it states it has Audio Commentaries.

Now I dont know if they are going to re-release it on its own like the US is getting or if it will be part of a future Season 1 Boxset, will just have to wait and see.

Personally I have been holding off from getting the UK R2 releases as a whole Season would cost £60+ and the Dutch R2 Boxsets can be had for about £30 so that is what I am waiting for, found the packaging to be of better quality also.

Comment

Working...
                                X