Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 Season Eight / Atlantis Season One DVDs on Region 2 announced.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the cover art.

Nice to see the Horus Guards on the cover as well :-)

Hope Amazon hurry up and post the larger versions to both Volume 42 and Volume 43.

Comment

Nice Cover-Art...to be honest I was expecting Apophis on it tho

On a slightly offtopic note

Has Play shipped Vol 40 for anyone yet...mines been under processing for like 2 days now

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
        Nice Cover-Art...to be honest I was expecting Apophis on it tho

On a slightly offtopic note

Has Play shipped Vol 40 for anyone yet...mines been under processing for like 2 days now
        I haven't ordered Season 8 on DVD yet - my Atlantis DVDs usually get processed for like a day or two and then shipped out on the Wednesday or Thursday - so I think there might be a massive order load for your DVD so its taking a while for your order to get fully processed.

Check your account tonight as it might be shipped out tonight ready for Saturday if your lucky.

Comment

True, but The Last Three DVDs I got from there shipped on the Wednesday and arrived the Saturday...but this hasnt shipped yet. It cant be lack of money as I got my Student Loan payment on Monday :s

I've watched all of my Stargate DVDs so much lately its crazy lol...oh Easter Holidays...how evil you were lol

Comment

It could be either as I mentioned a massive batch of these DVDs are being processed so yours is still in the line to be processed or they are having problems at there end so its not showing yours has been shipped.

My Atlantis was shipped on Thursday and I still got it Saturday - so hopefully yours will be shipped today some time and your'll still get it on Saturday. Also if it is a problem with your money I am sure you would be notified about it as soon as possible but its just likely its taking a while to process due to the demand of the DVD itself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
              It could be either as I mentioned a massive batch of these DVDs are being processed so yours is still in the line to be processed or they are having problems at there end so its not showing yours has been shipped.

My Atlantis was shipped on Thursday and I still got it Saturday - so hopefully yours will be shipped today some time and your'll still get it on Saturday. Also if it is a problem with your money I am sure you would be notified about it as soon as possible but its just likely its taking a while to process due to the demand of the DVD itself.
              Therein lies a problem :s My email server is down due to my site server bein down

Guess I could email them on my secondary email

EDIT: Never mind, its been shipped now

*camps out near the letterbox awaiting it*
              Last edited by Serebii; 21 April 2005, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I have a question about the SG-1 Region 2 season 8 DVD-s. Why is the episode order messed up?
                Volume 38: ep 1-4
                Volume 39: ep 5-8
                Volume 40: ep 9, 10 & 12
                Volume 41: ep 11, 13 & 14
                Volume 42: ep 16-18
                Volume 43: ep 15, 19 & 20
                Also, why Atlantis season 1 gets only 5 DVD-s? All Region 2 Stargate SG-1 seasons have had 6 discs.

Just want to get some answers. I'm thinking of buying the seperate region 2 releases. I own all 7 season boxsets(every season put on 5 discs), region 1 that is, but I can't wait til October.
                sigpic

Comment

The episode order is messed up on Region 2 DVDs for SG-1 this year due to MGM putting them together in production order instead of the actual airing order. This as you know will cause confussion to some viewers and also we get Citizen Joe seperating Reckoning and Threads which is not correct.

Atlantis has 5 dvds due to Atlantis and SG-1 having only 20 episodes now. Four on a disc makes 5 dvds, the only reason SG-1 has an extra DVD this season is because of the extra long Threads.

I would try and wait until the Season 8 boxset is out really - a: look great with your other boxsets b: there are no audio commentaries on the seperate dvds so your'll be paying £16.99 or less on four episodes and a few extras.

I am personally waiting for the Season 8 boxset - but as I can't wait for the Atlantis boxset I am buying Atlantis seperate.

Hope this information is helpful and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thank's for the information and thx for welcoming. And infact I live in Europe, Estonia to be precise. A few years ago I ordered SG-1 season 1 from amazon.com and then I wanted to complete the collection with region 1 DVD-s.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Cover Art for Volume 4 of Atlantis is now on Play.com

Looks like Teyla is on the last DVD

Comment

If you are thinking about getting the Season 8 DVDs from the UK consider twice.

The individual German DVDs for Season 8 get released two months after the UK this year, and today the first Season 8 DVD (Volume 38, Region 2) was released in Germany. I got my copy just an hour ago. Previously, all UK DVDs except Season 1 had been identical to the German DVDs, and I was pretty mad when I heard that there were no audio commentaries on the UK ones. But there are audio commentaries on the German DVDs.

Audio Commentaries:
                        - New Order (Part 1 and 2): Andy Mikita and Gary Jones
                        - Lockdown: Will Waring and Jim Menard
                        - Zero Hour: Peter Woeste and John Lenic

It got the same special features as from the UK DVD:
                        - "From Stargate to Atlantis: The Lowdown, Part 1"
                        - Director Series: Avatar
                        - Photo Gallery

There is also a bonus disc which features:
                        - SG-A Poisoning The Well (complete episode)
                        - Director Series: Covenant

The spoken languages are German, English and French; subtitles are Finnish, French and Dutch.

DVD Volume #39 (Icon, Avatar, Affinity, Coventant) is due on May 25th 2005.

Link to the amazon.de page: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...080042-8329315
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                          If you are thinking about getting the Season 8 DVDs from the UK consider twice.

The individual German DVDs for Season 8 get released two months after the UK this year, and today the first Season 8 DVD (Volume 38, Region 2) was released in Germany. I got my copy just an hour ago. Previously, all UK DVDs except Season 1 had been identical to the German DVDs, and I was pretty mad when I heard that there were no audio commentaries on the UK ones. But there are audio commentaries on the German DVDs.

Audio Commentaries:
                          - New Order (Part 1 and 2): Andy Mikita and Gary Jones
                          - Lockdown: Will Waring and Jim Menard
                          - Zero Hour: Peter Woeste and John Lenic

It got the same special features as from the UK DVD:
                          - "From Stargate to Atlantis: The Lowdown, Part 1"
                          - Director Series: Avatar
                          - Photo Gallery

There is also a bonus disc which features:
                          - SG-A Poisoning The Well (complete episode)
                          - Director Series: Covenant

The spoken languages are German, English and French; subtitles are Finnish, French and Dutch.

DVD Volume #39 (Icon, Avatar, Affinity, Coventant) is due on May 25th 2005.

Link to the amazon.de page: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...080042-8329315
                          It is a .... crime those uk releases. I pay 30 euros(import from the netherlands) for each volume and there are no commentary. It assume future releases around europe and us won't have that either so i didn't bother. I couldn't wait for boxes. I pay more and get less!!! I got the volume 38, 39 and 40 from sg-1 and atlantis volume 1 and 2. Waste of money.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesnt get the DVDs for crummy extras but actually for the show?

I'm happy that I spent money on my fav. tv show, I have only listened to like one commentary and that bored me so easily

Comment

Originally posted by Daika
                              It is a .... crime those uk releases. I pay 30 euros(import from the netherlands) for each volume and there are no commentary. It assume future releases around europe and us won't have that either so i didn't bother. I couldn't wait for boxes. I pay more and get less!!! I got the volume 38, 39 and 40 from sg-1 and atlantis volume 1 and 2. Waste of money.
                              It gets worse... The commentaries have just been rated by the BBFC, meaning that they will appearantly be included on some future UK release as well.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                                It gets worse... The commentaries have just been rated by the BBFC, meaning that they will appearantly be included on some future UK release as well.
                                Where did you find that out? I'm sending out the message below as a result of talking to British MG yesterday and today. If anyone has any further information to offer, I'd be very happy to include it in my next conversation with MGM.

Sally

.............................................................

This is a warning to all British fans not to buy the Stargate or Atlantis dvds currently being released.

Fans have established that within weeks of the British Region 2 dvds being released, German R2 discs have been released which contain more extras, particularly the audio commentaries which are missing from the British release. I have contacted British MGM, who are investigating the situation as they had believed there were no audio commentaries recorded. I have informed MGM that British fans will expect either a refund or replacement discs, and they are going to give me a reply on Tuesday, as the relevant manager is away at present. In the meantime, I strongly recommend that you cancel any pre-orders as you would be better off either buying the German R2 releases instead of the British ones or waiting for MGM to release the correct discs in this country.

As soon as MGM come back to me, I will let you know what position they take on this. Please pass this message on.

Sally

Comment

Working...
                                X