This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay RDA Stay, Please
    "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
      "SEASON 9! SEASON 9! SEASON 9!"

Well, I'd say it's about time for:

SEASON 10! SEASON 10! SEASON 10!

*still jumping up and down*

Comment

One thing that I think would really benefit the SG-1 cast and crew is to bring in some new writers to produce more episodes that arent just "for the fans" but really help drive the story. I mean that Gate network is a masterpiece, probably the greatest invention by the Ancients, and we have only spend the last 5 years TRULY exploring it. I mean think about all the things that are yet to be discovered about the stargate itself, like some kind of filter to prevent any kind of infection (much like the transporter buffer in Star Trek) or possible ways to send supplies without using as much power to establish a full wormhole.. Like pulsing waves, lind sending supplies which would be less matter and wouldnt really need a stable/powerful connection. Just a connection strong enough to send materials through.
        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Yey great news. can't wait to see it
          Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

to be painfully honest, i don't want season 9. i've found season 8..... crappy so far. it's re-using old ideas, and creating new stupid ones. bring on the finale, bring us a movie, and call it quits.

also, i don't wanna see the show without jack.
            season 8 spoiler.
            Spoiler:
            i don't like seeing him as a paper pushing general at the moment. please make it stop

bring on S2 of atlantis though. as long as it doesn't borrow any more of its story lines.

Comment

This Is The Best News Ever!!!

Can't Wait For Season 9 of SG1

I don't really care for Atlantis!

Copy is never as good as the Original!

Comment

What a way to start the day!! GREAT NEWS!!!

I totally understand people's hesitation when it comes to S9 and the lack of RDA...BUT...I'm keeping an open mind! Different doesn't mean better, however it doesn't mean worse either!

Being a die-hard Daniel fan, I find myself enjoying the recent S6 marathons on Mondays. I've learned to appreciate Jonas as to where before I resented him. So now for S9...RDA will be sorely missed!!! That wit, that humor!! But I have confidence...the writers will fix it somehow! I'm just glad I can continue my imaginary trip through the universe!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                  One thing that I think would really benefit the SG-1 cast and crew is to bring in some new writers to produce more episodes that arent just "for the fans" but really help drive the story. .
                  Fans have been asking for that for years. Hasn't happened, and I sorta doubt it will. What they REALLY need to do is say that's it, this is the FINAL year, and then write good stories and not twiddle their thumbs of well, should we do this? Nah, we could have another season, etc. Yes, plot-driven stories would be nice, rather than rehashes of movies.

I'll watch season 9, but if it hadn' happened, sadly, it wouldn't have bothered me.

Comment

Wooooohhooooooooooooooo!

This was the last thing I expected to read when I logged on as usual to Gateworld this morning. I was so happy I cried! I know - pathetic, isn't it considering it's only a TV show. LOL!

I guess I was trying so hard not to hope for fear of crushing disappointment it was such a relief!

Oh, this has made my day. Cannot wait for more adventures from our heroes!

Just hope they haven't gone overboard in the second half of S8 with closing things off and killing off people left, right and centre (what is it with the modern trend of doing that? It sucks) and they've left us something to watch!

Reading over the threads here during these past months though I reckon they have plenty of threads to tie up to keep them going through a S9 (and beyond!). All of the possibilities in the recent GW poll fascinate me for a start and I'd love to see those tackled: The Retu, Aris Boch, the Foothold aliens, Nicholas Ballard and best of all the chance that we might finally get to see that episode with Maybourne and Young Jack.

Bring it on, guys! Whatever you do with your extra season, I'll be there on the edge of my seat, watching, with the popcorn.

Well, I'd say it's about time for:

SEASON 10! SEASON 10! SEASON 10!
                    ROTFLMAO, JolinarSam!

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

*speaks in very early Teal'c-like voice* I have just heard about the news this morning. And I must say that I am not surprised in the least.

*breaks composure, acts more like Daniel if he's found the greatest artifact in the galaxy* I am psyched! I knew that they would do it, I just knew it! There's still just too much for them to go into! I can't wait to tell my family the news. I know my sister will be seriously happy. More RDA for her to watch (perhaps). But if RDA does only come back for a recurring role, who do you think will have to lead a season 9 as the principle character? Sam, perhaps?
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I'm very happy Atlantis has been renewed. I just hope season 9 for SG-1 isn't crappy. Season 8 started very strong with New Order, Lockdown, and Zero Hour, but started to go downhill after that. I think the second half of season 8 will be better than the first though.

Comment

PLEASE have at least one episode on the Furlings! Please?

Comment

I know Mr. Prophet is hoping for that. He'll be able to see if they really are twenty-something feet tall. (it changes with each post/thread) Personally, I think they'd be more humanoid, but we'll see.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I think they will be cute tiny little creatures.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                                I think they will be cute tiny little creatures.
                                I agree with Wass but don't let Mr. Prophet hear us. They'll just bigger and bigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X