Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I about did some unsanitary things (if you catch my drift, not literally I hope) when I saw the news.. I had a strong feeling that there was a good announcement on the main page, but wanted to know what this feeling as about. I am definitely all for a season 9, especially since I have said in the past, which Greenburg reitirrated at teh London Film And Comic Con this past week in which Season 9 would deal with stories that have yet to be wrapped up, such as the Furling, confirmation of teh Tollan annihilation, Asgard and their current situation, and most importantly, whether or not O'Neill gets a dog.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

YES! I'm very, very, VERY pleased to hear about Atlantis getting a second season. At least the snark in the SG Universe won't be gone forever.

As for Season 9, I'm having some misgivings. My first response to announcing S9 wasn't elation, but caution. I don't like that they're still negotiating with the cast, and considering what Greenburg said about RDA being in 4 episodes, that concerns me as well. I guess as long as SG-1 doesn't pull an Earth: Final Conflict or X-Files it'll be OK. Hopefully.

Like I said, loads of happy dancing for SG:A, even if it was pretty much a foregone conclusion, and caution over SG-1.

Oh yeah, and good luck to all involved!
      Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Well, the seasons start later than they used to (July and not June this year), they had to get a move on early this year to start Atlantis.

Anyway, I'm ever hopeful and deluded that this is the perfect opportunity to bring Jonas back

Comment

The SciFi Wire also posted an announcement.

Woohoo!
          A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

This is really great news My life would not be complete without SG-1 or Atlantis!

Comment

Well I can't say I'm not happy about Season 9 - cos I am - but I have some doubts. I mean, if Jack's only gonna be a in few episodes, and Carter won't be around too much (what with Amanda Tapping's kid and all) I don't know... In my opinion Stargate will loose a part of its charme if there's no Jack around giving sarcastic comments and if there's no Carter around giving you headache (or should I say fron-ache? Sorry, been watching S7 again) with her endless technobabble.
              That is my opinion of course and hey, who am I?

Greetings,
              Mrs Thor
              Greetings, I am Mrs Thor.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  I highly doubt that AT will be missing or light in many if any episodes. There are a dozen or more shooting tricks including simply shooting her scenes for multiple episodes at one time and allowing her to bring her baby to the set.

They've obviously looked at making those considerations already, as the shooting start date has been moved from Feb. to March.
                  Yeah. Besides, when the pregnancy was announced, didn't AT have a quote somewhere about how the timing was perfect, that she'd be just starting to show as they wrapped for S8, and her due date was just a couple weeks before the projected start of filming for S9?
                  My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                  -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                  -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                  -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    A link for those who want it:
                    http://scifi.com/stargate/press/press_05.html

Interestingly, it confirmed that Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, David Hewlett, Rainbow Sun Francks, Rachel Luttrell, and Paul McGillion would be back, but that they're still in negotiations with the cast of SG-1. And production is set to begin in March, not February as in years past.
                    As to "ongoing negotiations," well, that's interesting. Because when they're talking about major people leaving and possibly bringing in other people, you never know what the result will be. I mean, MASH got _better_ when they replaced some of the early key players--the cast they ended up with was far stronger, and allowed them to grow as a dramatic series rather than pure comedy, and that was a huge reason for the show's staying power as a classic series. Then there're shows like ER, which started sliding when early key players got replaced, but were still decent shows. Then you've got the X-Files, in which everything went to hell. Now, TPTB on Stargate have proven themselves well able to handle _one_ character leaving and being replaced (Jonas Quinn), but can they do it a second time? OTOH, if they _don't_ do something to freshen the show up (as adding new characters has the possibility to do), will they slide into a creative slump and start to stagnate? (BTW, I like both S7 and S8; it's not that the show is stagnating, but that it's genuinely going in a new direction. But there's only so far they can go in this direction before things get stale, and they're getting close to that limit.)
                    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Woohoo!!! Sweet!!!! Atlantis renewed!!!!

As for SG1 season 9... I just hope that it's ending is worthy of it's name... Also hope that it doesn't become what the X-Files did.

But still, yay for season 9!
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I guess I'm a bit skeptical on a season 9 for SG1, I'll definately watch it but if RDA is barely in it, it just won't be the same. I know a lot of people think the show can carry on without him but I know the episodes that I thought were boring were the ones where he was completely missing from. I'm hoping that they go back and tie up a lot of stories that were left open during the past years, that will make it more enjoyable for me. I don't want a bunch of episodes like Affinity, I'll take a clip show before another episode like that one.
                        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I respect the folks that think that SG-1 is at the end of the line and needs to go out after this year. I've stated this before, and I'll do it now. I'd rather have Stargate SG-1 at 60% of what it once was over basically everything else that is on TV. Nothing else can come close in my opinion. Hopefully they'll be able to negotiate a few more episodes with RDA, and maybe agree that season 9 will be the last year and do some big stuff.
                          Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                          O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                          O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Hi there,

woah, i am really glad that both shows got renewed and i am really looking forward to them. I just checked with tvtome and noticed that sg-1 is going to get almost 200 episodes (194 Episodes exactly, and with threads maybe beeing on double length, 195; well x-files got 201, but if we count the lowdowns and the pilot for atlantis, it will top the x-files, hmm but who really cares!!!)

i wonder why they stuck with 20 eps, i heard somewhere that the budget for season 8 had been reduced to save some money to keep the quality up (hmm wonder why - any infos on that?). what changed over the course of the seasons, when the ratings are stagnating or relatively high on their standards??

is there any way, other than buying the dvds, to help the show from across the atlantic?

oh man, for crying out loud i could cry very loud, amen

So have fun, cu

Jannis_Equinox

Comment

I'm ecstatic with the news.

Watching Season 8 lately I have been thinking how I'ld prefer more SG1 to Atlantis. Atlantis just doesn't feel right when I watch it :s

But if RDA is going to have a reduced schedule i.e. 4 eps this season, then theoretically they could do a new cast member to replace him. Here is my idea:

Instead of bringing a new guy in like they did with Jonas then Maybe the Tok'ra get wiped out. Except for Jacob and he gets command of the SGC somehow

Stranger things have happened

Comment

I'm am absolutely happy!!! At this moment of time, i would be glad if RDA would at least do 1 episode.
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X