Multichannel News: Atlantis Ends Run on Sci Fi, Greenlighted for Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
    Dude, don't get arrested. I'm not coming to bail you out. I'm a LONG way from Canada.
    Don't worry. I've still got a few weeks left in my summer vacation.

<mod snip>

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
    Megaphone? Hell, call someone! Call the hotel and ask for anyone you know who's there. Or ask for the convention manager.

Or text someone.

Though I would expect someone there would know by now - we live in the ever-connected info age, right?
    Ah yes. Ok, this is much easier and smarter. I'll get on it.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 20 August 2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I hate Sci Fi......This is so lame. They better purchase the third tv series.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

So changing MGM's mind is next to impossible, but we can at least make our anger heard.

Whats the first step? Who's organizing it?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
          I've got my torch and pitchfork! Only problem is my torch may be put out by my tears....
          Wear a mask. Our resolve will not quenched.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
            I hate Sci Fi......This is so lame. They better purchase the third tv series.
            it's not SCI FI, it's MGM
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by topaz_bean View Post
              I think a lot of us have seen this coming for a while and not really wanted to think about it. Definitely at Comin Con, the way they kept insistently saying 'Atlantis will continue in some form if it doesn't get picked up', the way they emphasised that SGU wouldn't continue on with the other shows. There's been an air of disquiet about this ever since Season 5 started.

Have you considered that this may have partly been a compromise between MGM and TPTB to make SGU happen? The writers and producers were obviously really keen to get SGU started, but if MGM were anxious about having SG-1 movies, plus maintaining Atlantis as a series, plus starting an entirely new show, they might have compromised and accepted a downgrade of Atlantis to tv-movies in order to get started on the new series? Is it possible? I really don't know if it's at all likely. This is pure speculation, I have no idea if they would actually have done that. What do you think?
              Oh, I'm sure there's a logical business reason for all of this to happen. I understand the concept, if not the actual events that've come down.

I didn't pick up on the Message of Doom, rather I saw it as Potential Future Plans. Bummer how it's all come down, though, eh?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                I'm not angry. I'm not bitter. I won't boycott future SG productions.

I'm just sad.

If it's true.
                Same here, but that's because I'm still in a bit of a state of shock.

I just don't know...

This ******* sucks.

Comment

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO BE CANCELLED *calmes down* ... SOrry about that, it had to come out... I just... Shock.... WOW....

Comment

I am furious. And sad. And confused... but mostly ANGRY! How could they do this! Movies shmovies! I need Stargate very week! No McKay? No Teyla? No John? NO RONON?! For OVER A YEAR?! And even then for only 2 hours? So heartbroken. You suck MGM!
                    sigpic

Comment

This is an old Klingon proverb, "Four thousand throats may be cut in one night be a running man." I don't know about any of you, but I feel up to a midnight jog...

Comment

Everyone needs to find a way to contact MGM and change their minds. They did it with Original Trek and did it with Jericho rather cleverly. We must do the same
                        There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          So changing MGM's mind is next to impossible, but we can at least make our anger heard.

Whats the first step? Who's organizing it?
                          Well, I think it's best if we wait until we know exactly who's responsible. As much as it seems to be MGM, I want a solid source for this if we're going to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            it's not SCI FI, it's MGM
                            Either way....I hate them both right now.
                            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

For those who say that SGA and SGU can't be done simultaneously because 40 episodes is too much of a strain (it's already tough dealing with 20 episodes per series per season instead of the 24-26 that Star Trek always had), I have a wild, incredibly brilliant idea:

Have different people do the different shows!

Why do the same exact people need to produce and write for both shows? Take the veterans, give half to SGA and half to SGU. Easy solution!! Do the same people to SGA who do BSG? No. Same people who do SGA do CSI: Miami? Nope. There are 6 billion people on the planet. There aren't a few extra writers, producers, etc available?

Unless there's pride or ego involved among TPTB. Don't want to share. Would rather see someting die than live on under someone else's control?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
                                WTF!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO BE CANCELLED *calmes down* ... SOrry about that, it had to come out... I just... Shock.... WOW....
                                No apologies needed. Many of us feel the same way.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X