No announcement yet.

Blogs: David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett & Mars the dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

david dropped a spoiler on the episode he's currently working on on his Twitter

Spoiler:
    A page and a half of me trying to persuade a wraith to help...stupid thing doesn't speak so I have to learn both sides of the conversation!

Comment

David updated his blog early Saturday morning:

From A Dog's Breakfast:

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...=136&Itemid=35

(Please follow the link for the complete update.)

Return of the Squirrel King!

Written by dgeek

Saturday, 21 July 2007

Back from the big island of Hawaii and hard at work roaring towards the end of season four of Stargate Atlantis! It's so hard to believe that we've only got eight more episodes to shoot before we're done for another year. I'm a bit confused (no news there really) as we've got a few days of "Miller's Crossing" to tidy up while we shoot "Quarantine" and before we get caught up we'll be well into part one of "The Kindred". Spent the first week back locked in a room full of plants with the lovely and talented Brenda James reprising her role as Katie Brown. Not a bad way to get back into the lost city!

**snippage**

...We'll definitely be schmoozing, promoting and marketing our puppy at next week's San Diego Comic-con. Best Buy (who will be selling the DVD...which is hugely great!) is going to host a signing on Saturday from 2pm until 3pm. Perhaps I'll see a few of you there? Looks like I may also be doing some kind of a blog thing (like I'm not already?!) for SciFi.com.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett's Blog Updated July 25th:

From A Dog's Breakfast blog:

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/137/

Comicon 2007 & The Friday Night Types!

Written by dgeek
        Tuesday, 24 July 2007

San Diego's Comicon is nearly upon us...so here's my prelim.
        Schedule!

Thursday July 26th

We land!
        We party!

Friday July 27th

We recover
        Stargate Atlantis Panel - 1:15pm
        Stargate Atlantis Autograph Signing - 3:30pm
        The Party continues...

Saturday July 28th

Dog's Breakfast Best Buy signing - 2-3pm
        Entertainment Weekly/SciFi Channel Party @ Solamar Hotel - 7:30pm
        We party like it's 1999!

Sunday July 29th

We party until we leave San Diego in ruins

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Kate has also updated her blog:

I'm Officially a Twit (July 24, 2007) <--- Click link for more.

Ohhhh dear. I have just discovered Twitter. It's perfect: low commitment, low stress, high fun, an absolute time-waster. JUST what my new Vancouver life needed. How ever will I fit it into my busy schedule?
          Hmmmm. Let's have a look:

Comment

David has a lot to answer for.

Kate twittered this earlier... now I have two of them twittering!

http://twitter.com/katehewlett/statuses/173790422

*on Boston Legal* Kirk & Daniel it is all six degrees of separation there is just no escaping Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              David has a lot to answer for.

Kate twittered this earlier... now I have two of them twittering!

http://twitter.com/katehewlett/statuses/173790422

*on Boston Legal* Kirk & Daniel it is all six degrees of separation there is just no escaping Stargate!
              I love BL, very funny show. I honestly think Shatner is better at Denny Crane than he was as Kirk (but that's my opinion).
              sigpic

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett: A Dog's Breakfast Blog Update Aug 1:

From David Hewlett's "A Dog's Breakfast" Blog update for Aug 1:

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/139/35/

Comicon, SciFi, Babies & beyond!

Written by dgeek

Wednesday, 01 August 2007

**snippage**

Now, let's talk babies. I have got to say that I'm so impressed and honored by how respectful you have all been about this. I wish I could say the same about some of my co-workers;-) We've not been actively hiding the fact that Jane is pregnant, but we decided, early on, to keep this news private. In fact, outside of work, we've only mentioned it to family, and very close friends! We are obviously very happy and excited and perhaps a bit over protective of our new addition. Jane and I both thank you again for letting us have this aspect of our lives for ourselves.

Cheers,

D!

<><><><><><>

Congratulations to David and Jane and best wishes for a happy and healthy baby!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Wooooo!!! Baby Hewlett!

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett's Blog Update Aug 12:

From David Hewlett's "A Dog's Breakfast" blog update for August 12, 2007:

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/140/

(There's a photo of David on a trampoline at the site. Please follow the link for the complete update.)

Showers, Airborne McKay's & Movie Mccoy's

Written by dgeek
                    Sunday, 12 August 2007

Back from Rachel's baby shower...where apparently boys were welcome. Baby showers have always been part of that female secret society thing that everyone knows and fears, but nobody talks about...to me. A mysterious gathering of giggling, frilly-dress wearing women who would play party games and exchange various tiny clothes wrapped in pastel colored paper that cost as much as the present itself. Turns out it's actually a lot of fun and this was a very classy event organized by Stargate Atlantis' make-up artist Leah. More importantly, they had a trampoline! So naturally I spent a large part of my time hurtling through the air with the all the other...well the one kid not too terrified to join the leaping monkey man in the netted cage. Don't do this after a lot of fizzy pop and cupcakes, trust me ;-)

Spent the week with pretty much the entire Atlantis team, who were in every day setting the scene for the big "Kindred" two-parter. The stunt and FX work on Friday was impressive and I've got to say there's some great fight stuff coming up...though not for me surprisingly. The fight choreography that I saw Jason rehearsing looks great. Seems he'll be going toe to toe with an SG1 classic, and I can't wait to see THAT go down! Heard the pitch for the season cliff-hanger, which sounds wild! Trust me when I say that it's definitely going to get people's attention...from the tidbits I've heard anyway! That said Mallozzi could just be messing with me...he likes to do that.

On the A Dog's Breakfast front, Fox has some interviews lined up for me next week to help gear up for for the DVD launch on Sept. 18th. Looks like I'll have to do that from Terminal city as that's where we're shooting next week! We've seen the "rough" version of the DVD and it's beautiful! They've done a fantastic job with the box layout and design and the menus are simply divine! Of course there's tons of behind-the-scenes footage in the four (yes four!) fantastic documentary pieces that Jane put together...I knew she was good, but this stuff makes her officially the queen of cool! This is must-see stuff for you die-hard Stargate fans and just plain fun and informative for for the rest of you out there.

**snippage**

Damnit Jim, it's true! And I'll make no "Bones" about it! McKay would be the perfect Mccoy in the new J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie...and it works perfectly with the Stargate Atlantis season which stops shooting in October...as far as I'm concerned it's a no-brainer...now I'm just going to hold my breath, sit by the phone and wait for it to ring! Hello, J.J? ;-)

D!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

AUg 15th Twitter, David proclaimed

Terminal city yesterday & today...guns and wraith and spark hits. It's hot...too hot for my leather "stealth" jacket ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        AUg 15th Twitter, David proclaimed

Terminal city yesterday & today...guns and wraith and spark hits. It's hot...too hot for my leather "stealth" jacket ;-)
                        At roughly quarter to five GMT. What's that Vancouver time?

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                          At roughly quarter to five GMT. What's that Vancouver time?
                          Well, the twitter, when I saw it, said posted one hour ago, so...

Comment

Well, the twitter, when I saw it, said posted one hour ago, so...
                            *nods* I get the notifications through GTalk for everyone I'm following, and I got it at 1645, so... 8:45 AM?

Comment

Posted on DH's Twitter at approximately 8:50pm ET on Aug 16

"they're booking me for a life cast! apparently i'm to get very old."

Oh oh....

Comment

Posted on DH's Twitter at approximately 8:50pm ET on Aug 16

"they're booking me for a life cast! apparently i'm to get very old."

Oh oh....
                                I wonder if that'll be how
                                Spoiler:
                                they'll explain Sam Carter's taking over half the scientific work on the show - having Rodney recovering from a Wraith draining and unable to cope with his regular workload.

Comment

Working...
                                X