Blogs: David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett & Mars the dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    And what is wrong with Werid Al??? Huh???
    Haha, not a thing! I love that song. And if it applies to no one else on this planet, I think it would def apply to DH.

Comment

I think that the professional rapper's are safe. But it was a good attempt and funny.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
        I think that the professional rapper's are safe. But it was a good attempt and funny.
        well, no offense, but I don't think professional rappers are all that good - I've seen some on MTV or whatever and well, yech. The spoofs (like David's) are actually more fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          well, no offense, but I don't think professional rappers are all that good - I've seen some on MTV or whatever and well, yech. The spoofs (like David's) are actually more fun to watch.
          I like rap, real rap (old school rap) not the crap MTV puts out and apparently so does David. At least he said (on his blog) he liked some enough to "obtain" it via Limewire.

Kate Hewlett updated her blog and she hints at what she may be doing in Vancouver in June (near Bridge Studios no doubt) and she is moving to Vancouver!!!

Likny

Comment

Well, since it has something to do with David and his recent successful attempt at breaking into the rap genre, take a look at this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kV832rfjcas

I don't know why he's doing this though...he was AWESOME.

Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Well, since it has something to do with David and his recent successful attempt at breaking into the rap genre, take a look at this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kV832rfjcas

I don't know why he's doing this though...he was AWESOME.

Weird.
              LOL, the man is too funny. I feel his pain, white men can't rap... well Beastie Boys aside.

Did someone say publicity?

Comment

David Hewlett's blog has been nominated at the Blogger's Choice Awards.

It has been nominated in 3 catagories.

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/12321

Comment

David Hewlett's blog has been nominated at the Blogger's Choice Awards.

It has been nominated in 3 catagories.

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/12321
                  Yeah I think Jane nominated it for most of them.

And for those playing the game at home: *and are a little slow* The apology vid is a cash in *in a good and funny way* on the whole David Hasselhoff kerfuffle, look at the vids surrounding David's...

... marketing genius.

Comment

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...=108&Itemid=35

update to David Hewlett's blog

Apologies, Twittering and Geek Blog Campaigns!

[it's a spoof apology for his recent video]

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Comment

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...ent&task=view&
                      id=110&Itemid=35

Start spreading the word! We're about to make "A Dog's Breakfast" of
                      Shakespeare's old stomping ground! Not only is A Dog's Breakfast screening at this
                      year's Stratford-Upon-Avon Film Festival, it's up for Best Film, Best Director &
                      Best Actor. So far all we have is dates for you, but we'll be sure to give you
                      more as we get it from them!

Thursday May 24th, 2007
                      Saturday May 26th, 2007 - Closing night screening!

For more information about the festival check them out at
                      www.stratforduponavonfilmfest.com.

Comment

NEW!

David Hewlett promotes his movie A Dog's Breakfast (coming to Dvd in
                        September!), dressed up as Ronon Dex bur wearing kiwi boxer shorts, and a chance to
                        win a Mac laptop and a private video chat with David. Mars is there too, in a
                        Wraith wig.

You need to submit a SGA video

www.youtube.com/group/mckaycontest

go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35p-BlQi8bY to watch the video and get
                        the details.

GRAND PRIZE -- APPLE MACBOOK LAPTOP & A VIDEO CHAT WITH DAVID HEWLETT

HOW TO ENTER
                        -First thing is to suscribe to beachpartyboi's channel and join this group.
                        -Please rate and favorite the video on beachpartyboi's channel.
                        -Make a short (less than five minutes) video with a Stargate theme. It does
                        not have to be a music video. Look at the examples posted in this group to see
                        the variety we’re looking for. Make sure to watch the videos in this group as
                        an example.
                        MAKE SURE TO ADD THE 8 SECOND TUNE IN INFORMATION TO THE END OF YOUR VIDEO.
                        Your video must contain tune in information about the show to count. You can
                        download the 8 second clip at http://www.sendspace.com/file/vk2194
                        -Be original. Zach wrote and performed his own rap song. The Superfans built
                        a stargate and Uncle Rich made a fool out of himself. Just making a video
                        montage and putting it to music is acceptable, but we’re looking for more.
                        Previously posted videos on any site that we may have seen will not be voted on.
                        -Production cost will not necessarily influence judging. We love hi-tech
                        animation, but it doesn’t have to be.
                        -There is a three entries per person limit. Anyone caught entering more
                        videos by fraudulous methods will be disqualified.
                        -Your video must have a Stargate theme. OK folks, we’re mostly looking for “
                        Stargate: Atlantis” videos, because it’s the only show still running. Now, if
                        you want to include “SG-1” and the movie, fine. Don’t dwell on the past. The
                        future for the Stargate franchise is bright if we show the studios and
                        networks we are out here. TIP: future SG-1 movies are excellent subjects as well.
                        -Once you have made your video all you need to do is upload it to youtube.
                        Then just add your video to the group. Once you see your video included in the
                        groups videos you know your entry has been approved for content.

RULES

Entries must be posted by July 30, 2007

Winners will be announced August 5, 2007
                        10 videos will make the finals. The 5 videos with the most views and 5 others
                        that we select.

Once in the finals, the winner will be selected by David Hewlett.

Your video can be rejected if:
                        The commercial contains inappropriate content that your mother may not like
                        so we can't show on TV. If the video contains company names that have copyright
                        restrictions you can also be disqualified.

PRIZES

Grand Prize Winner- an Apple MacBook laptop and a video chat with Stargate
                        Atlantis Star David Hewlett

2nd Place Prize -- a one of a kind original autographed Stargate Atlantis
                        costume worn by one of the main cast on Atlantis

3rd Place Prize - autographed script

4th Place Prize -- autographed Stargate Atlantis Season 2 DVD box set

5th Place Prize- autographed Atlantis t-shirt, hat, and poster

WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED THROUGH THEIR YOUTUBE ACCOUNTS.

PROMOTE YOUR VIDEO AND GET THE MOST VIEWS TO MAKE THE FINALS!!!!

Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. Entries must be received by
                        7/30/2007. Open to those 18 years old or older

Comment

NEW!

David Hewlett promotes his movie A Dog's Breakfast (coming to Dvd in
                          September!), dressed up as Ronon Dex bur wearing kiwi boxer shorts, and a chance to
                          win a Mac laptop and a private video chat with David. Mars is there too, in a
                          Wraith wig.

You need to submit a SGA video

www.youtube.com/group/mckaycontest

go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35p-BlQi8bY to watch the video and get
                          the details.

GRAND PRIZE -- APPLE MACBOOK LAPTOP & A VIDEO CHAT WITH DAVID HEWLETT

HOW TO ENTER
                          -First thing is to suscribe to beachpartyboi's channel and join this group.
                          -Please rate and favorite the video on beachpartyboi's channel.
                          -Make a short (less than five minutes) video with a Stargate theme. It does
                          not have to be a music video. Look at the examples posted in this group to see
                          the variety we’re looking for. Make sure to watch the videos in this group as
                          an example.
                          MAKE SURE TO ADD THE 8 SECOND TUNE IN INFORMATION TO THE END OF YOUR VIDEO.
                          Your video must contain tune in information about the show to count. You can
                          download the 8 second clip at http://www.sendspace.com/file/vk2194
                          -Be original. Zach wrote and performed his own rap song. The Superfans built
                          a stargate and Uncle Rich made a fool out of himself. Just making a video
                          montage and putting it to music is acceptable, but we’re looking for more.
                          Previously posted videos on any site that we may have seen will not be voted on.
                          -Production cost will not necessarily influence judging. We love hi-tech
                          animation, but it doesn’t have to be.
                          -There is a three entries per person limit. Anyone caught entering more
                          videos by fraudulous methods will be disqualified.
                          -Your video must have a Stargate theme. OK folks, we’re mostly looking for “
                          Stargate: Atlantis” videos, because it’s the only show still running. Now, if
                          you want to include “SG-1” and the movie, fine. Don’t dwell on the past. The
                          future for the Stargate franchise is bright if we show the studios and
                          networks we are out here. TIP: future SG-1 movies are excellent subjects as well.
                          -Once you have made your video all you need to do is upload it to youtube.
                          Then just add your video to the group. Once you see your video included in the
                          groups videos you know your entry has been approved for content.

RULES

Entries must be posted by July 30, 2007

Winners will be announced August 5, 2007
                          10 videos will make the finals. The 5 videos with the most views and 5 others
                          that we select.

Once in the finals, the winner will be selected by David Hewlett.

Your video can be rejected if:
                          The commercial contains inappropriate content that your mother may not like
                          so we can't show on TV. If the video contains company names that have copyright
                          restrictions you can also be disqualified.

PRIZES

Grand Prize Winner- an Apple MacBook laptop and a video chat with Stargate
                          Atlantis Star David Hewlett

2nd Place Prize -- a one of a kind original autographed Stargate Atlantis
                          costume worn by one of the main cast on Atlantis

3rd Place Prize - autographed script

4th Place Prize -- autographed Stargate Atlantis Season 2 DVD box set

5th Place Prize- autographed Atlantis t-shirt, hat, and poster

WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED THROUGH THEIR YOUTUBE ACCOUNTS.

PROMOTE YOUR VIDEO AND GET THE MOST VIEWS TO MAKE THE FINALS!!!!

Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. Entries must be received by
                          7/30/2007. Open to those 18 years old or older
                          David... I knew he secretly wanted to have Ronon's hair.

Pity I have no ideas and hate being video'd. *and laughed at*

Comment

Hmmm...I would LOVE that 3rd prize.

I can be like Mckay, right? God knows I'm brilliant.

Comment

David has posted a video of what you should espouse to be...um...in the contest, I mean. Yeah, that's what I mean.

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...=118&Itemid=35

I've started a thread on this since...well, can you really blame me?

Comment

"Dexed out."

I so love this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X