No announcement yet.

Blogs: David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett & Mars the dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<http://dgeek.com/index.php/the-dogs-blog-mainmenu-35/302-when-i-grow-up-i-want-to-bedgeek>

David Hewlett blog update

When I grow up I want to be...dGeek!
    Written by dgeek
    Thursday, 30 July 2009 07:04

This isn’t really a blog posting so don’t get too excited...it’s more of a stream of conscious thing (my excuse for not reading it over for grammar, punctuation, spelling or self indulgence)...Kerouac would have used toilet paper...I’m going with bits.

I’ve had such an incredible response to my dGeek moderator/administrator plea (and for that I owe you all a big, wet, sloppy kiss...yes, even you!) that I started thinking...I know, be afraid!

Firstly, I should confess that I had NO idea that moderators were such an issue for people. Some people want moderators who use the forum on a regular basis - others think that a non-forum user would have a better perspective. The most disturbing trend that I’ve seen came from a suprising number of people who once loved the dGeek forums but have left because of the way they have evolved thanks to my moderator free approach. I really don’t like the idea of telling people what they can or can’t talk about on a forum that I’ve established, but with spam being such an issue I’ve now had to rethink that. Anyway, a suprising number of people felt that the dGeek forums changed and lost their way. They have left them, hoping to return. They feel that my cries for moderating help may be just what they’ve been waiting for. I hope that they are correct!

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

August 4th

David's put up a new entry.

http://www.dgeek.com/

Comment

August 5th

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...e-de-breifings

Stargate de-Breifings
        Written by dgeek
        Wednesday, 05 August 2009 23:12
        Getting a lot of questions about Atlantis and my involvement in a possible movie and the new show, and that sort of thing, so here's the latest...

No plans for a return to Stargate I'm sad to say.

I caused a bit of a fuss, with a twitter I sent out the other day about the subject, and thought I had better clarify.... I haven’t heard anything from anyone about an Atlantis film. I mean, I hear/read what you do (what, I can't be a nerd too!?) but nobody has approached me or talked specifics, either confirming or denying the possibility of a movie. When Atlantis was first canceled, an SGA movie was talked about like it was a sure thing. That in not the case now. Knowing that, I’ve got to think that it’s not going to happen. Hopefully I will be proven wrong!

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Kate Hewlett blog update
          Oct 6 2009

http://loft-in-translation.blogspot....k-at-that.html

I'm a blogging machine! /

Look at that. I'm back already.

At this rate, you'll be so sick of me by next Sunday, you'll be begging for the recent days of loft-in-translationlessness, when procrastination and facebook dominated my days, and pilsner and 30 Rock dominated my nights. No more! (But mostly because my video store doesn't have Season 3 of 30 Rock yet...)

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett Twitter Update Dec 9 '09:

From David Hewlett's Twitter site:

First draft of my MGM scifi script delivered!? So excited! But still many Morlocks (& questionable dialogue) to slay before I'm home! ;-)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett Twitter Update Jan 1 '10:

Homework...Watching Scyfy films to get ideas for directing one in Bulgaria. Baz glued to UP for the 50th time.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Kate Hewlett blog update
                1/1/2010

http://loft-in-translation.blogspot....like-that.html

A big bust /

No, no, not like that. I didn't have breast augmentation surgery, or buy a new push-up bra, or meet Pamela Anderson at a Science Fiction convention.

Hey...wait...I got your attention though, didn't I? If my male readership increases by 76% this week (as I suspect it might), I'm going to start every post from hereon in with a completely inappropriate, breast-related title: "Twin Peaks" (about a ski trip I've taken), "The Bluetit" (which would obviously be an exploration in British ornithology), "Staying Abreast" (of all kinds of issues -- it's important). The possibilities are endless.

REST AT LINK

Comment

In a new blog entry, David lists some of his choices for Greak Geek Books for Nerds.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Kate found time to update her blog yesterday (Feb 1, 2010). She writes about her 2 weeks in Barrie doing Steven Sondheim's Assassins before the show goes on to Toronto.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett - Twitter Update Feb 4 '10:

Sounds official...Flying to Bulgaria on Sunday to begin pre-production on SyFy movie...let the Hewlett directing of evil snow monkeys begin!

about 2 hours ago from web

Congrats, David!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Kate's new site and new play presentation

Kate tweeted on June 15, 2010:
                        Katekit.com is up and running! Thanks, Lee!
                        David then tweeted (and included the link):
                        More @katehewlett than the world is ready for! http://katekit.com/

At the new site, Kate is asking for donations (or just to spread the word) to help her with her play, "The Swearing Jar," at the New York Fringe Festival.

Donations

My talented friend Christopher Stanton and I are very excited to tell you that we are going to be performing my newest play, The Swearing Jar at the New York Fringe Festival this coming August. The only problem is: we live in Toronto and the Fringe is not a money-making venture. If you’d like to donate as little as $5.00 (or as much as fourteen million dollars…aw, heck, it was worth a shot…) it would mean a lot to us. Every little bit counts toward air fare, accommodation and sustenance. If you’re as broke as we are, you can help by spreading the word instead. You can go here for details:
                        http://www.fringenyc.org
                        Here's a description of the play at the NY Fringe Festival site.

The Swearing Jar

The Bridge Theatre Company in Association with 6AM Tango Productions
                        Writer: Kate Hewlett; Music and lyrics by Kate Hewlett, arranged by Christopher Stanton
                        Director: Rosemary Andress
                        "You are the love of my life, you *******." When Carey performs at Simon's fortieth birthday celebration, she is forced to come to terms with the greatest lie her husband ever told. A comedy about marriage, music, migraines...and swearing.
                        1h 15m

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                        X