Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Off-World (RPG Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Boris's Hive - Rec Room*
    Phineas peered at the displayed shruiken, before grinning back at the lethal-looking weapon. "Are they easy to learn how to use?" Oh no, there was again, thinking of expanding his collection. Like his worshipper wasn't enough of a weapon's nut already, she just had to find a wraith who was exactly the same.

Comment

*Boris's Hive - Rec Room*

Bullseye: Well, I have a natural knack for distance weapons, but you just throw them at the face, neck, hands, or wherever they will cause the most... inconvenience. You can also slash with them at close range if the enemy gets too close and you have no other weapon on hand.

Comment

*At the edge of Copelandia's solar system*

*A hyperspace window opens and another hiveship appears. On the bridge of the newcomer the commander turns face his queen Bellatrix standing next to him*

Commander: Do you still think it wise to have come here, my queen? Two hiveships are far more noticeable than one and we might endanger Moana's recon mission.

*Bellatrix narrows her eyes at her commander*
        Bellatrix: I am fully aware that it might warn our target but I am fed up with waiting. Open up a channel to Moana'a hive. I want to talk to her in person, it is time we combined our efforts.

*The technician controlling the communications nods at his queen and calls Moana's hive*
        Technician *to Bellatrix*: Waiting for response.

Comment

*Aboard Moana's Hive*
          Technician: A transmission is coming in, my Queen.. from Bellatrix.
          Moana: ... Open it.

*A screen appears, showing the two Queens to each other in a hazy orange view. Moana is sat on her throne, with her Commander just visible to one side*

Comment

*Aboard Bellatrix's hive*

*Bellatrix straightens up as Moana's image appears on the screen, not wanting to let the other queen see her worries and uncertainty*

Bellatrix *to Moana with the slightest possible inclination of her head* Greetings, fellow queen. I was wondering if you have been able to gather more intel about these strange creatures who call themselves 'Wraith' in spite of their unnatural culture. We will need all information we can get, they will sure come to investigate soon.

Comment

(((OOC: Is Copelandia the name of the planet Boris's Hive is orbiting? Is Bellatrix's hive a close enough distance that the wraith on Boris's hive will be able to detect their telepathic presence?)))

Comment

((Yep, Copelandia is the name of "our" planet. We haven't specified the distance between the planet and the hiveships, only insofar that the ships are at the edge of the solar system. We could say the distance is too long to make things easier. Moana shielded her darts with her mind but she wouldn't be able to shield her whole hiveship for long. Neither would be Bellatrix. But it's an interesting question how far the telepathic connection reaches. In Misbegotten several Wraith had to combine their abilities to summon a hiveship, but I can't recall at the moment if it was stated in the episode from what distance the hive did come.))

Comment

*Aboard Moana's hive*

Moana had moved back to her throne by the time the image of the other appeared, and, while equally poised, seemed almost relaxed at the same time. Supremely confidant that they together.. or she alone, depending.. could pull off their plan without much of a hitch or battle. Her commander, identified by the triple circles across the centre of his forehead dipping down a little just above his nose, remained stood by her side and lowered his head curteously to Bellatrix.

"Greetings indeed. From what I have managed to glean from 'Jasper'.. what I was able to see when I fleetingly entered his mind.. was that they co-exist with humans as their equals, as worshippers, rather than as their food and inferiors. He has yet to fully turn to their ways, but that is what I managed to get all the same. So we can assume that they will be working together, humans and .." A pause, a brief sneer lingering on her lips. "..wraith, if they decide we pose a threat before our plans are completed."

Comment

*Bellatrix takes a moment to let the information sink in. Wraith and humans working together as equals? Unthinkable. Unheard of, until now. It was unnatural and made her uneasy. And there was a nagging question on her mind which could well make the difference between victory and defeat.*

Bellatrix *nodding curtly* We will have to act fast before they have time to see through our plan. There is one thing I need to know. That... 'Jasper'... is he still loyal to you or will he pose a threat? It could be rather inconvenient if he turned against you at a delicate stage of the plan.

Comment

*Aboard Moana's Hive*
                      Moana, although hiding it quite well, was equally unsettled. The wraith had evolved into the society and species they were now... was this working together of human and wraith another step along the evolutionary path, or was it a mere mutation away from the norm'. Or even worse, if there ever was a hybridisation.. a species born of both wraith and human, that would eventually outlast or co-exist alongside both. Disturbing thoughts indeed.

Her head tilted, as her claws thoughtfully brushed over the arms of the throne she sat in. He had been loyal for centuries... earning the trust of other Queen's, before betraying them and destroying their Hives if Moana so ordered it.. an assassin, in other words.

"I believe he has the potential to be loyal again.. However, I can no longer connect to the device on his arm, so I believe that those on the planet have somehow managed to not only disable it, but remove it as well." Nothing says forcing someone to obey you than a little detonation device on the wrist, right? "Once and if we get the chance to get closer, I shall be able to take control of his mind again, I am certain of it. He will pose no threat then."

Comment

Bellatrix didn't quite trust Moana's judgement –where would it lead to if Wraith Queens started trusting each other? She knew Moana possessed great telepathic powers but if that 'Jasper' was determined to resist her he could still be a time bomb waiting to explode. It would be the best to deal with this problem quickly.

Bellatrix: We should attempt to get closer to them so you can 'remind' him of his loyalties and bring him back to the proper ways of our species.

Spoiler:
                        OMG, I haven't got a clue what they could be up to. *squirms* I totally fail at villainy. It's still fun though.
                        Wait! Now I've got something: what about them wanting
                        Spoiler:
                        to take control
                        Spoiler:
                        by
                        Spoiler:
                        removing Ellia as Primary of the alternative alliance?

Comment

Spoiler:
                          That sounds good, DS, especially with Ellia being a peaceful Hippie and would symbolize everything that these other 2 queens are not. Does Boris and his hive take orders from Ellia, even if they are more as guideposts rather than strict orders? The new queens would probably love to issue strict orders to change Boris's hive back to the old ways.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Oh snap, haha, that'd be so evil and epic.. and a really great plot idea.

*Aboard Moana's Hive*
                            She nodded at the suggestion. "That would work.. Although how we are going to get closer without them attacking would be another matter. I am sure you do not wish to be shot out of the sky no less than I.

*Boris's Hive*
                            Jasper was completely unaware that his former Queen was planning a comeback. Well, almost. He knew how much she enjoyed power... knew how she generally went about getting it and certainly knew how she had managed to control him the first time. He was with Phineas in the rec room, currently dosing himself up on coffee in case the following days didn't bring much, if any, rest.

Comment

*Boris’s Hive – rec room*

Bullseye: *notices Jasper grabbing all the coffee* It would be a good idea to make sure we are all very well fed and extra energized in case a prolonged battle breaks out.

Comment

Bellatrix: To be shot out of the sky is my least favourite pastime, therefore I suggest we get to know the defenses of our adversary better. Until now no one has tried to make contact and no cannon is aimed at us. We should take advatage of the remaining time till they get curious. I suggest we split our forces, it's harder for them to track the two of us at once. We can stay in contact using the code my technicians have developed, it's near impossible to decrypt it. Do we know yet against how many hives we're up to if the worst comes to pass?

*Boris's hive – Rec room*

Rhys: You know, Bullseye and Jasper, you do have a point. We better tell Gabriel to have some emergency clones in stock too. Even though we all carry the feeding devices it might be wise to be prepared for anything.

Tommy: Of course emergency clones includes Harkenss clones, doesn't it?

Rhys: Well... yes, of course. You can never have enough of them around in case there's a serious worshipper emergency.

DS: At the moment we're talking about other potential emergencies though.

Rhys: *sigh* Yeah, I know. I just wanted to cheer you up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X