Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Off-World (RPG Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Have human remains been discovered before on this planet?
    *does another two, then leaves the rest for Gordon and Darrell*
    *pauses and waits til the question's answered*
    "How would, or how do, you go about recording the finds of skeletons? Is it different to how you record normal finds or...?"

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: This is the first time we've found human remains, all supposing there's anybody in the tombs. There's a possibility that they're just more elaborate memorials to people who were culled. As for opening the tombs, that's up to the villagers. Any bodies will be their ancestors so they mightn't want them being disturbed. Crockett will be asking them for their opinions.

Spoiler:
      We need to come up with some names and inscriptions for a few tombs and plaques.
      sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: Good point. What are the burial ceremonies like here normally? Maybe those they do now have been passed down.

Spoiler:
        Maybe we could ask people in the OOC thread to suggest some?

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: Crockett said that the villagers don't do anything special for burials. So many of them were culled in the past that they ended up focussing their remembrance of the dead on the Ancestors Night celebrations. Any ancestor can come and visit then no matter where and how they died.

Spoiler:
          Perhaps we could ask DS to help out for names etc.
          sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper: That makes more sense, now that I think about it.
            *to Neo*: Thanks for showing me skateboarding by the way It was great!

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Neo: I'm glad you enjoyed it. Fred and I will have to show you the microlites.
              sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper:
                *arches an eyebrow up* "Micro-wha?"
                *finishes rubbing the last few, checking between them before taking a photograph of each and leaning back a little to admire the chamber*
                "Do we get a sample of the material off the front of one like we did with the finds, or is that possibly against the descendant's wishes?"

Comment

Draygon Castle Dig*

Neo: They're powered hang gliders.

Gawain: The readings I take don't require samples of anything.
                  sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Jasper tilted his head a little at Neo when he got the answer before hmming thoughtfully as he tried to picture what he described.
                    "...Interesting" Then he peered at the plaques before counting out the amount of rubbings they'd got.
                    "Hm, I think that's all of them rubbed and photographed. What's next on the agenda?"

Phineas arrives, parking his dart neatly next to Jasper's still spray-painted one before clambering down, carefully poking his head through the entrance but deciding that staying outside would probably be safer, clutz that he is.
                    "Hi guys. Thought I'd pop in and see if you need a hand with anything."

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Dave: The next thing to do is transmit the inscriptions to the hive for Erik to translate. I've just had a telepathic message from Crockett. The village headman has arranged for a public meeting in the inn to discuss whether or not the tombs should be opened. *To Phineas* Hello and come in. We've just about finished for the moment but you can look round.
                      sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Gawain, who was using the camera while Jasper did rubbings, transmits the photos to the hive.*
                        sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Phineas peered around the inside of the chamber from where he stood in the entrance, taking in the details with a low, clearly impressed whistle. He might not understand why they enjoyed digging up what looked like junk to him, but he would admit that it was very impressive junk!

Jasper nodded to him in greeting, then turned to Neo.
                          "I've an idea what we can do sometime - me and Phineas versus you and someone else at paintball?"

Phineas rolled his eyes.
                          "Aren't you supposed to be doing a dig?"

Jasper huffed softly, briefly baring his teeth at the younger Hunter despite the fact the threat was very much empty.
                          "We're recording and such."
                          *to Dave* "Can Phineas help in some way?"

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

Neo: You and Phineas against me and Fred. We haven't got the equipment yet but Archimedes will be able to make it for us.

Dave: We've just about finished here unless the villagers give us permission to open the tombs. We've got the photographs, rubbings and Gawain's readings now.

*Telepathic message to everyone from Crockett*

Crockett: The villagers have given you permission to examine the remains of their ancestors. As far as they're concerned, the bodies are no longer needed by their former owners.

Dave (to everyone) : In that case we'd better see if those lids will come off.

Gawain: According to the readings I took, the lids should slide although we'll have to be careful because they'll be heavy.
                            sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Telepathic message to everyone from Ciannwn*

Ciannwn: Erik entered all the inscriptions into the translator program and then did a search for the name, Ordo. He found this - Ordo The Second. Deceased due to a surfeit of mushrooms. He believed he was piloting a Wraith dart and leaped through a tower window to his death.

Jean-Luc: That could be the origin of the Aaarrrrgghh Splat ghost story. Perhaps the truth was distorted because an evil tyrant being pushed out of a window by his wife sounds more exciting.

Ciannwn: It could be the origin of the spaced out pig story, too, seeing as he'd had a surfeit of mushrooms.
                              sigpic

Comment

*Draygon Castle Dig*

*Rhys enters the chamber*

Rhys: Hi guys. You've been pretty busy while I was away. *examines the chamber with interest* Looks like a subterranean graveyard, did you find anything interesting yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X