Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draygon has permenant RP permisson to use Yanra.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
      Draygon has permenant RP permisson to use Yanra.
      Is that for role playing only or does it include mini fics as well?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        Is that for role playing only or does it include mini fics as well?
        Role playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
          Role playing.
          The Character Owners guide has now been updated.
          sigpic

Comment

Just thought I'd make this a bit lcearer, seeing as there was a bit of confusion with the nymphs and dryads yesterday, that the Scottish wraith at the Hill Fort are also availabe for borrowing (with the exception of Connolly) If anyone wants to borrow any of the many Scottish wraith, feel free to, and if you want to have a go at wrting their scottish accents as I do, I thourghly encourage it
            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
            sigpic

Comment

Game Discussion Point.

I thought that some of the rules about where to post what and why were already out of date. I've made some changes and will bold the bits which are different so they stand out. Please let me know if you think the following changes are OK or make suggestions about rewording, what needs to be added etc.
              ---------------

Here are the new arrangements for all role playing threads in Wraith Worshippers Anonymous with the exception of the Chill-Out Hive.

a: The role playing threads are for role playing only. If nobody has posted anything in one for several hours, add a role playing post if you want to and then go elsewhere until somebody else has added something. Do not make posts saying things like "Where has everyone gone?" (This will prevent the game from getting lost in conversations about quiet periods being due to people living in different time zones etc.).

b: If you know you're going to be elsewhere during part of the game be creative about explaining your absence by relating it to the game - eg. "My Wraith and I can't attend tonight's party because I'm taking him to visit my sister." or "My Wraith and I are going to the TV room to watch Doctor Who." As the game stands at the moment, one very common explanation is a game alter ego saying "It's time for bed so Wraith X, Wraith Z and I are going now. Goodnight." It's possible that all the role playing threads apart from The Chill-Out Hive will be going over to the 'in game' time system eventually. If this happens a player's characters won't be obliged to go to bed just because the player has to so this rule will be amended accordingly.

The exception to this rule is real life doing unexpected things when you're participating in a role playing session. If your sudden disappearance is going to confuse others put a brief explanation in OOC chat - eg. "There's somebody at the door. I'll be back in a few minutes" If you don't have time to do this and you find that the game has been held up when you come back put the relevant explanation in OOC chat - eg. "My computer threw a fit and I had to restart it."

c: OOC content in role playing threads which is permitted.

The best way of explaining it is by giving this example from TechnoWraith in the Boris's Hive role playing thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....1&postcount=83

At the end of the post is -

(OOC: in reality, the event will post on tuesday, but the exact time won't likely be 7pm EST, US. But sometime in the late afternoon or evening).

If something in a role playing post requires an explanation, an explanation can be presented in the above format at the end of the post as long as it is short and precise. An explanation which requires more than this should be posted in OOC chat.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the whole nymph/drayad situation. I always assumed that they were small like Tinkerbell.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                  Thanks for clearing up the whole nymph/drayad situation. I always assumed that they were small like Tinkerbell.
                  I haven't updated the guides yet but at least it's in OOC chat so everyone can see it.

Do you want Karl in the Commanding Officership party for the Hive 95 event? Once I know what to do with him I can send a communication to Hive 95 from Boris.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you want Karl in the Commanding Officership party for the Hive 95 event? Once I know what to do with him I can send a communication to Hive 95 from Boris.
                    Karl can be in the Commanding Offiecership party as well. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Mariellelita; 03 May 2009, 08:40 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                      Sure. Thanks.
                      Don't forget to send a communication to Hive 95 about who is attending from Kenny's Hive. Say which kind of party they will be in - Commanding Officership or ordinary attendees.

The On Board Hive 95 role playing thread is here - post the communication to Devon in it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66336
                      sigpic

Comment

Game update for Hive 95 event.

All the RSVPing for the Grand Opening of Deveareax has been posted in the On Board Hive 95 role playing thread. Will everyone please read the communication posts from player ciannwn and check that your game alter ego or any characters you wish to use haven't been left out. I think I've got it right but I don't want to take this for granted.
                        sigpic

Comment

Game update for Hive 95 event.

All the RSVPing for the Grand Opening of Deveareax has been posted in the On Board Hive 95 role playing thread. Will everyone please read the communication posts from player ciannwn and check that your game alter ego or any characters you wish to use haven't been left out. I think I've got it right but I don't want to take this for granted.
                          Checked it and it's correct for DS and Tommy.

I have another question / suggestion concerning timelines. I don't think we have encountered this kind of problem before but it might turn up again occasionally.

Here's an example from Boris's hive thread: Ciannwn posted the following

*Ciannwn decides to go to the rec room and finds Draco-Stellaris, Tommy and Rhys*
                          Ciannwn: Did you have a good time yesterday?

I didn't manage to post DS's answer because of RL. Ciannwn posted later on:

*Ciannwn receives a telepathic message from Erik to say that her dress is ready and waiting for her in the laboratory. She leaves the rec room and goes to Deck 3 where the lab is located. The dress is perfect and she hugs Erik.*

So, in terms of role playing game DS could have talked to game ciannwn, this would be not unlogical for the recipient. Now here's my question:

Would it be allowed to post an answer to game ciannwn's first question, then explaining how she leaves the rec room to see Erik? Or would it be too confusing for the time line? I imagine it could be confusing if such an incision occurs in the story.

Technically such a post could read as following:

[QUOTE] ciannwn asks her question [/ QUOTE]

DS gives her an answer

[QUOTE] ciannwn leaves the rec room to see Erik [/ QUOTE]

Then the normal role playing continues. Should that be allowed, maybe marking such "posts from the past" in a different colour to make them instantly recogniseable?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                            I have another question / suggestion concerning timelines. I don't think we have encountered this kind of problem before but it might turn up again occasionally.

Here's an example from Boris's hive thread: Ciannwn posted the following

*Ciannwn decides to go to the rec room and finds Draco-Stellaris, Tommy and Rhys*
                            Ciannwn: Did you have a good time yesterday?

I didn't manage to post DS's answer because of RL. Ciannwn posted later on:

So, in terms of role playing game DS could have talked to game ciannwn, this would be not unlogical for the recipient
                            This kind of thing is what we need to sort out with revised rules. We all need to get to together to work out how to do things. I had a go at revising some of the rules but could do with some help.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=83

At the moment I've got -

If your sudden disappearance is going to confuse others put a brief explanation in OOC chat

We could add something in about when a player has to leave to go to bed, post the announcement in OOC chat. If I'd known that player DS had gone for the night I could have had game Ciannwn see Erik instead of going to the rec room to talk to game DS, Tommy and Rhys. Another of my characters, such as Fred or Neo could have gone to the rec room and asked the question and then you could have posted an answer when you came online again.

Hope that makes sense because I'm still half asleep.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think what's caused the confusion is that I'm used to player DS leaving the game by posting something like "Tommy, Rhys and I are going now because it's time I went back to Earth." As game DS didn't announce something like that I just assumed player DS was still online.

It's going to take us all a while to get used to using an 'in game' time system after the way we did things in the thunk threads.
                              sigpic

Comment

This kind of thing is what we need to sort out with revised rules. We all need to get to together to work out how to do things. I had a go at revising some of the rules but could do with some help.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=83

At the moment I've got -

If your sudden disappearance is going to confuse others put a brief explanation in OOC chat

We could add something in about when a player has to leave to go to bed, post the announcement in OOC chat. If I'd known that player DS had gone for the night I could have had game Ciannwn see Erik instead of going to the rec room to talk to game DS, Tommy and Rhys. Another of my characters, such as Fred or Neo could have gone to the rec room and asked the question and then you could have posted an answer when you came online again.

Hope that makes sense because I'm still half asleep.
                                I think what's caused the confusion is that I'm used to player DS leaving the game by posting something like "Tommy, Rhys and I are going now because it's time I went back to Earth." As game DS didn't announce something like that I just assumed player DS was still online.

It's going to take us all a while to get used to using an 'in game' time system after the way we did things in the thunk threads.
                                *headdesk* I'm still half asleep myself.
                                I should have thought about announcing my absence. The weekend has left me with even less brainpower than I normally possess so the "in game" time system messed with my mind too.

Comment

Working...
                                X