Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
    Sorry about the rant everyone. I desperately needed to do that. I am just so damned angry at the moment that I'm seriously contemplating resigning from this job after September (as opposed to next February). I did not go to Uni for four years to be treated like a child by a woman whose only qualification for her job is that she has spent her whole life living on the Peninsula.

*snuggles Tony*
    Steve: *rushes through star gate to snuggle and comfort Addict*

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rotten time. It;s really unfair Unfortunately, sweetie, it's more often the case than not - especially being bossed around by wewads whom you can intellectually run circles round with one hand tied behind your back. It seems to be the way of the world

One more reason why the gorgeous green guys really need to get their elegantly decorated fingers out of their pert green bottoms tohurry up and get here and clean the planet up!

Big hugs from me - and my boys will come through in shifts to offer you their purry comfort
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      It;s really unfair Unfortunately, sweetie, it's more often the case than not - especially being bossed around by wewads whom you can intellectually run circles round with one hand tied behind your back. It seems to be the way of the world
      ^ Gravely disappointing, but true.

However, the living arrangements and loss of money associated with this job are not normal and I would hate to see you caught in a financial trap.

Comment

@ addict - Lots of hugs and hope things work out for you as soon as possible.
        sigpic

Comment

*sends lots of hugs to addict*

That's really outrageous!

Comment

That's real awful, Addict! I hope it will work out for you!
            My videos
            My art
            sigpic

Comment

*sends hugs for addict.* I already sent one of my boys after the wewads for you on FB!

Unfortunately, like Tp said, this situation happens a lot. I also find it kind of strange the woman wanted to you to share a place with a guy. I'm not old fashion or prude, but just seems weird.
              Last edited by Leeta; 30 July 2011, 11:36 PM.
              The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                *sends hugs for addict.* I already sent one of my boys after the wewads for you on FB!

Unfortunately, like Tp, said this situation happens a lot. I also find it kind of strange the woman wanted to you to share a place with a guy. I'm not old fashion or prude, but just seems weird.
                The same. How this woman can wanted this. I can understand if it could be a girl, but not man.
                If you can go away from this place.
                *hugs from me and my boys*
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone It really means alot to me. You're reactions are similar to those of my fellow colleagues (those who have chosen to take up permanent residence on the Tasman Peninsula). Sharing accommodation is fine, I mean I wouldn't even mind living with the IT guy (presuming he realised that the dinner table was a table, not a computer desk and he didn't put his beer cans in the sanitary bin), but the system here lacks logic - it simply doesn't make sense. If I'm going to be treated like garbage from Wewads in administration, I would rather it be closer to home - so that at least I'm not losing money out of it!!! My parentals told me to write to my direct boss (in charge of guiding), and let him battle it out with the admin (afterall, they're hardly going to listen to me, a lowly guide). If the situation is not resolved, I'll resign in September and start my Masters early. Hmmmm.

Once again, thanks for the support It really does mean so much to me!
                  sigpic

Comment

...Unfortunately, sweetie, it's more often the case than not - especially being bossed around by wewads whom you can intellectually run circles round with one hand tied behind your back. It seems to be the way of the world

@ Addict: This is something I don't like to make comments about generally, as I've suffered quite extensively because of envy/feeling threatened in colleagues, just because I happen to function at a faster rate than they do. You have my support, hon, and sympathy for what must be a really trying situation at the moment, but I feel certain you will be able to sort it out to your satisfaction. I do think, though, that sometimes the universe throws this crapola at us to make us shift our own perspective and move on. Always tough to do, always a PITA, but generally worthwhile. I'm planning on selling my house, starting a new company with a colleague, and travelling before I get too decrepit to enjoy it - either that or lose a few more of my marbles. But, it has taken me two years, and a lot of misery, to finally arrive at the decision, and damn, I feel better for it.

*Dave hurries to Addict with Crockett in tow*
                    sigpic

Comment

Damn good for you, Izzy! Go girl!

I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life, but me and Mr TP are giving serious consideration to selling every stick we own and starting all over again - but this time doing what we WANT to do, not what we think we ought to do

I may be a penniless artist-cum-writer living with my tasty fruit farmer, but at least we'll be poor and happy (instead of slightly less poor and miserable on the rat run)

Go for it Addict - getting to 50 is too long to be miserable trying to please everyone except yourself.

Power to you and Izzy - may you make your dreams come true *hugs*
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm off to pick up my son from the local station as he's home from Japan for a 2 week holiday
                        I'll still pop into GW and the COH from time to time, but just to let you know my time here will be a bit limited and sporadic for the next 2 weeks.

Hugs to everyone
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm off to pick up my son from the local station as he's home from Japan for a 2 week holiday
                          I'll still pop into GW and the COH from time to time, but just to let you know my time here will be a bit limited and sporadic for the next 2 weeks.

Hugs to everyone
                          Hugs TP

I`m glad you can be with your son.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
                            My parentals told me to write to my direct boss (in charge of guiding), and let him battle it out with the admin
                            I'm glad your family understands this situation and is being supportive too. That's important.

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                            I'm planning on selling my house, starting a new company with a colleague, and travelling before I get too decrepit to enjoy it - either that or lose a few more of my marbles. But, it has taken me two years, and a lot of misery, to finally arrive at the decision, and damn, I feel better for it.
                            I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life, but me and Mr TP are giving serious consideration to selling every stick we own and starting all over again - but this time doing what we WANT to do, not what we think we ought to do
                            Best wishes on your future venture, Isolde, and also on whatever you chose to do, TP.

Fabulous! Enjoy your time with your family!

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post

@ Addict: This is something I don't like to make comments about generally, as I've suffered quite extensively because of envy/feeling threatened in colleagues, just because I happen to function at a faster rate than they do. You have my support, hon, and sympathy for what must be a really trying situation at the moment, but I feel certain you will be able to sort it out to your satisfaction. I do think, though, that sometimes the universe throws this crapola at us to make us shift our own perspective and move on. Always tough to do, always a PITA, but generally worthwhile. I'm planning on selling my house, starting a new company with a colleague, and travelling before I get too decrepit to enjoy it - either that or lose a few more of my marbles. But, it has taken me two years, and a lot of misery, to finally arrive at the decision, and damn, I feel better for it.

*Dave hurries to Addict with Crockett in tow*
                              You make a fair point. Actually, I've made a nice goal for myself that I will cease to whinge about the situation. Yes, it's a complete pain, but whinging about it to every living creature under the sun won't help the situation. This is a situation won by a clear concise argument and infallible logic. As such, I intend to worry about it when I've had time to "cool off". As for perspective, this situation has reminded me very clearly that my future lies with academia, and I should gather my wits and get back on that path asap. Thanks for your support If it hadn't been for the help of everyone here, as well as colleagues and family I would have been storming up to the admin building on Friday in a raging fury. Now I can tackle the situation with a little more dignity and calm.

Good luck with your future ventures - they sound exciting!

@ TP: Hope you have a great time with TP Jnr
                              sigpic

Comment

@ Addict: I expect to see you when I come to Oz next year, so we can spend a couple of days talking about green.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X