Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
    Well I was trying to make a joke about the Japanese language and that it sounds strange (to me at least since I don't understand it) but I guess no one got the joke
    Really? I think the Japanese language sounds lovely. It has a far softer sound than most Eastern Asian languages, and I understand a fraction of it, which is brilliant.

I'm keen for a Japanese theme if there is plenty of vegetarian sushi and a significant lack of their usual fishy delights. I know it's all replicated in the COH, but I have serious ethical problems with the way that-!

Tony: Calm down!

Addict: Not the time or place, sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
      I'm keen for a Japanese theme if there is plenty of vegetarian sushi and a significant lack of their usual fishy delights. I know it's all replicated in the COH, but I have serious ethical problems with the way that-!
      Actually, sushi refers to the sticky, seasoned rice* and is not synonymous with raw fish. I am partial to seaweed rolls stuffed with avocado, carrot, sesame seeds, and cucumber. Mushrooms or asparagus are also filling options. Then, there is also the dessert-like sushi inari, which is sushi rice stuffed in syrupy sweet bean curd wraps.

*(the Japanese word su means 'vinegar,' and shi is from meshi, the Japanese word for 'rice,' hence sushi is 'vinegared rice') http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi.htm
      Last edited by WraithTech; 10 August 2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
        Actually, sushi refers to the sticky, seasoned rice* and is not synonymous with raw fish. I am partial to seaweed rolls stuffed with avocado, carrot, sesame seeds, and cucumber. Mushrooms or asparagus are also filling options. Then, there is also the dessert-like sushi inari, which is sushi rice stuffed in syrupy sweet bean curd wraps.
        I vaguely remember reading that somewhere! I do adore sushi, but in western culture most people associate it with raw fish (which, naturally, I do not eat). Your sushi preference sounds delicious! I'll have to try that one soon. I'm also rather fond of sushi rolls with teriyaki marinated tofu, carrot and cucumber
        sigpic

Comment

I agree re the Japanese language! One of my co-workers said, "Isn;t it all very harsh and staccato?" No idea where she got that from, unless it was old Hollywood war movies! I find spoken Japanese is very soft and melodic.

As for sushi, well as I'm supposed ot be eating like a caveman (it helps with the Fibromyalgia) I shouldn't eat rice - and especially not sushi inari (which sounds delicious, by the way).
          But while my son's been here I've been eating all sorts of junk food that he's insisted on having, but as of tomorrow I'm back on nothing but veggies, fruit and meat.
          That still leaves me plenty of options for the COH party though...

Like chocolate dipped lychees, butterfly prawns, veggie tempura... preferably all eaten off the washboard-hard stomach of a nekkid Wraith, lightly sprinkled with miso...

Seth: What's sprinkled with miso - the veggie tempura or the nekkid Wraith?

TP: Both!

Steve: *facepalm*
          sigpic
          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I am partial to seaweed rolls stuffed with avocado, carrot, sesame seeds, and cucumber. Mushrooms or asparagus are also filling options. Then, there is also the dessert-like sushi inari, which is sushi rice stuffed in syrupy sweet bean curd wraps.
            I'm also rather fond of sushi rolls with teriyaki marinated tofu, carrot and cucumber
            Yummy! Those sound delicious. I've totally given up meats and chicken but I still don't mind eating fish once in a great while. It's mainly because of my love for the Japanese foods that I'm a little hesitant to give up fish. Back home in the US there is a small Japanese take out, and I love their food there. Whenever my husband, boyfriend at the time, came over to visit we almost always went there for lunch. He hated the first bite of the tuna sushi we ordered so I ended up stealing his plate. xD I always wanted to try tofu and never knew you could put into the rolls. There's a local supermarket near me that sells Japanese ingredients. I think I may have to try and make some of my own tofu dishes.
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Ah! Chocolate dipped lychees! Want! Oh, and chocolate dipped Wraoth as well!

@Leeta: Tofu can be very tasty and easy to prepare. I love it and even my hubby has gotten used to it - he was very suspicious of it at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                Like chocolate dipped lychees, butterfly prawns, veggie tempura... preferably all eaten off the washboard-hard stomach of a nekkid Wraith, lightly sprinkled with miso...

Seth: What's sprinkled with miso - the veggie tempura or the nekkid Wraith?

TP: Both!

Steve: *facepalm*
                On all counts, yum!
                sigpic

Comment

DS and Leeta: I hope you can find a creative outlet that can help you achieve your dreams and further your career prospects

Bajka: Maybe JL was waiting for you to kiss him so he could turn into a Wraith... instead of a frog turning into a prince?

HR: Great pic of Sally

Leeta: Kal sounds like fun, I look forward to reading about him

Comment

General apology:

I am sorry for not being active the past few weeks. The past two weeks in particular have ben very draining on me and my family. My nan had to have a cancer op and she was in hospital for a number of days and her and my grandad stayed with us for a number of days after too. Thankfully she has had some good news, that the cancer hasn't spread and that she won't even have to have radiotherapy now

My experiments with 3D Wraith are improving and I'm getting a bit more practised now, so hopefully I will have some results to show you soon I've even started a female Wraith, so hopefully HR will be catered for too

Hope you are all well *hugs*

*Craig and Aurora leave fairy cakes with green icing foe everyone*

Comment

*Hugs for PA*
                      sigpic

Comment

*sends hugs to PA* Hope your nan will recover quickly.

Comment

I vaguely remember reading that somewhere! I do adore sushi, but in western culture most people associate it with raw fish (which, naturally, I do not eat). Your sushi preference sounds delicious! I'll have to try that one soon. I'm also rather fond of sushi rolls with teriyaki marinated tofu, carrot and cucumber
                          The shaved ginger side condiments are also delicious. I've even grown to like wasabi, but prefer it on rice crackers.

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                          veggie tempura...
                          Along the same line, veggie gyoza potstickers are also delicious.

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                          I always wanted to try tofu and never knew you could put into the rolls. There's a local supermarket near me that sells Japanese ingredients. I think I may have to try and make some of my own tofu dishes.
                          I recommend trying tofu at a Chinese restaurant first, so you can get a feel of how it is traditionally prepared. Store-bought just isn't the same for me. If you want to try cooking with it yourself and have many brands to chose from, pick one that was made with calcium chloride as the salt (extra calcium for you) and stay away from the silken styles (unless you are using it in a dessert).

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                          Ah! Chocolate dipped lychees! Want! Oh, and chocolate dipped Wraith as well!
                          I second that!

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
                          I am sorry for not being active the past few weeks. The past two weeks in particular have ben very draining on me and my family. My nan had to have a cancer op and she was in hospital for a number of days and her and my grandad stayed with us for a number of days after too. Thankfully she has had some good news, that the cancer hasn't spread and that she won't even have to have radiotherapy now

My experiments with 3D Wraith are improving and I'm getting a bit more practised now, so hopefully I will have some results to show you soon I've even started a female Wraith, so hopefully HR will be catered for too
                          *big hugs* You're not alone: I've lost several relatives to cancer and my mother is battling it right now. It's rough. If you ever want to vent to someone about it, you can PM me. I'm glad to hear it hasn't spread and will think positive thoughts for your family. Take care of yourself too. Making 3D Wraith sounds like a relaxing, fun pastime and I look forward to seeing your art.

Comment

I recommend trying tofu at a Chinese restaurant first, so you can get a feel of how it is traditionally prepared. Store-bought just isn't the same for me. If you want to try cooking with it yourself and have many brands to chose from, pick one that was made with calcium chloride as the salt (extra calcium for you) and stay away from the silken styles (unless you are using it in a dessert).
                            ^^ I agree with this. I was fortunate enough to live with someone over summer who knew how to prepare tofu to perfection, therefore I developed a taste for it. She even taught me how to prepare it properly.
                            sigpic

Comment

*big hugs* You're not alone: I've lost several relatives to cancer and my mother is battling it right now. It's rough. If you ever want to vent to someone about it, you can PM me. I'm glad to hear it hasn't spread and will think positive thoughts for your family. Take care of yourself too. Making 3D Wraith sounds like a relaxing, fun pastime and I look forward to seeing your art.
                              I lost my brother when he was 34, a sister-in-law, and several friends due to cancer. If you need an ear, anything, either you, orb, or PA, just inbox me. *hugs*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                I lost my brother when he was 34, a sister-in-law, and several friends due to cancer. If you need an ear, anything, either you, orb, or PA, just inbox me. *hugs*
                                Sorry for your losses and thanks for your support. *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X