No announcement yet.

sub-level 10, Generators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adria came walking over to the two scientist who were talking. "Ditchin me already Rachel." Adria said laughing and then turned to the other girl next to her. "Hi i'm Capt. Adria Johnson."

(i moved my link to my bio to the spoiler)

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Rachael turned to see Adria, "Adria, this is Kylie Stevens, she is a linguist, working with Sgt. Pierce on the brig." She fumbled with the battery still getting the new one in. She finally got the new one in and her computer started up again.
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

"It's good meeting you Capt. Johnson. Sorry I have to rush off, but Pierce is expecting these wires and I promised that I'd get someone to bring down some coffee for y'all. Maybe we can actually talk and get to know each other sometime. And Dr. Ezekiel, I'd be honored to help you with those tablets. Just let me know when and where."

Kylie looked quickly from one woman to the other and determined that she would make a greater effort to be nice to them. After all, they didn't seem that awful. Despite her background in anthropology, Kylie was by no means a diplomat and therefore had spent most of her time since arriving at Gaia on base keeping to herself or locked in her office trying to translate the latest obscure text that had been discovered off-world. In fact the only people she ever really talked to were the other linguists and anthropoligists. Her speciality was book knowledge, not practical knowledge.

With these thoughts running through her mind, Kylie made her way back to the brig, with a quick stop to be sure that coffee would be sent to level 10.

<<To Level 9--Brig>>
        Dear Journal
        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((I know, I know, it's a double post, but I couldn't help myself, I was on a roll. Please backtrack as needed.))

[Random SF: NPC]

"Coffee's here!" Someone called as they wheeled in a cart loaded with coffee, cream, and sugar. "And none too soon, I'm guessing." He mumbled to himself as he observed the relieved and delighted faces of the others in the room. "Good thing it's freash, hot, and highly caffinated." he added as an afterthought.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Rachael took the coffee and inhaled it deeply before she took a drink, “Have I ever mentioned how much I love coffee.” Saying this as more of a statement than an actual question. She kept it close to her face for a second, “Alright now where was I, oh right how to get rid of that pile of rocks in the generator and back up power to infirmary rooms."

She just stood there for a moment in deep thought, bringing her left hand up to her temple, passing over the stitches. No not now I am not getting a headache, I won’t allow it, she thought to herself, than pushed it out of her mind. “Alright the braces are just about completed, so we can move on to phase two. The teams will no be able to repair any wire that is was severed, than they will do a one last check over to make sure all structure work is done. I figure cosmetic work can wait till we get full power back up.”

Rachael turned to Adria, “I am going to be running simulation on how to proceed with the rest of the rock, and you can take a break or go see if Sgt Daniels needs any assistance. I should have what I need after lunch,” she check her watch, “It will be about two hours.”
            sigpic

Comment

"I think i'll just stick around down here cause I dont know whats going on anywhere else and its quiet down here" Looks around. "I dont know its just calming." Adria says.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue
                ** Attention, please. Will all department heads and team leaders report to the Briefing room in 45 minutes? Repeat, Department heads and team leaders to the Briefing room in 45 minutes. Thank you. **
                Rachael snapped out of her concentration when the base wide intercom came on. "Departments heads, guess I won't be figuring this out right now." She walked over to Adria, "I have to report to the briefing room in a few minutes. So if you can help out Sgt. Daniels with anything he needs. Let me know if anything unexpected happends down here."

She walks into the gym and told Sgt Daniels that she would be leaving in a few minutes. But got him up to speed on the things she had done, and an outline of ther plan so far, which for her wasn't much. "I will see you guys later."

<To Briefing room>
                Last edited by max_omega; 20 March 2007, 11:46 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

<Briefing room>

Rachael walked off the elevator, with a some what renewed vigor after the briefing. She started to head to the gym to check out the progress, but before she goes there Sgt Pierce came up to her.

“Dr… Ezek….Rachael, I have something urgent that I need to discuss with you in private.” He said.

Rachael turned to look at him, “Alright come on step into my office,” she said referring to the elevator; they walked in, “What is it?”

Pierce stood there for a few moments in silence, than began, “I had a slight problem with a few civilians today.”

Rachael look at him, “Ok, what kind of a problem? And who with?”

“Well it was Devin Almodeus, and Kylie Stevens.” Pierce said than watched the expression on her face change.

“What did they do?” Rachael asked with out any expression.

“They took a break, and didn’t return back to work until three hours later, during that time they were seen making out in the mess hall.” Pierce said, “Before you say anything, I might have taken things to a slight extreme, actually I probably did. You know it is hard to not treat the civilians like military. Well I just thought you should talk with both of them.” He went on to explain in more detail what had happened.

Rachael shook her head, “And how do you deal with taking orders from a civilian? This is not how pictured my afternoon, where are they?”

“My guess there quarters,” Pierce said looking at Rachael trying to figure out what she was going to do. “As for taking orders from you, its easy not to see you as a civilian, you act like military.”

“Alright I will go and have a chat with them right now, tell Sgt Daniels I have to go deal with something than I will be back down here as soon as I can.” The door of the elevator opened up, and Pierce started to walk out of it, “And tell him that I have something to tell them.” Pierce walked off the elevator, “Damn I have to talk with Captain Holland too. Should I do that before or after talking with them, better do it after.” She pushed the button to get to the quarters.

<To Quarters>
                  sigpic

Comment

<<From Infirmary>>

As the group exited the elevator, Kylie's eyes quickly surveyed the work that still needed to be done before the generators could go back online. The task ahead of them would be difficult and it would take a great deal of time. That was good, at least she would be able to stay busy with a practical task.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

<<From Infirmary>>

Jaa'nik exited the elevator, asking where there was work needed to be done. Devin however was still shocked, his mind kept playing those few seconds back in the infirmary over and over again, unable to accept what he'd heard. Jaa'nik stopped abruptly, placed a hand over her host's heart and wept silently.

Comment

Kylie noticed the abrupt pause in Jaa'nik's movements and wondered for a moment if she was talking to Devin. It almost appeared as if she was troubled, at least as troubled as a symbiote could be. Kylie almost regretted telling her about the incident from her childhood. As hard as it was on her hearing about how Devin had been hurt in his childhood, it had to have been just as difficult on Devin/Jaa'nik hearing about her childhood. She shook her head in an effort to remain focused on her current task.
                        Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 08 April 2007, 11:40 AM.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

Still rooted to the spot, tears continued to flow from their eyes. ~A symbiote's control over the host is not perfect.~ Jaa'nik thought, ~Powerful emotion can override a symbiote's commands.~ It was all she could do to keep from breaking down herself. Devin's morose crying wouldn't abate and soon enough Jaa'nik couldn't keep his bawling back either and the two were sobbing uncontrollably, a low mournful wail escaping from their lips.

Comment

Those were tears. Devin/Jaa'nik was crying. Kylie came to the realization slowly, not expecting such powerful emotion while the symbiote was in control of the body. Before Dr. Ezekiel or any of the other onlookers could react, and not caring what they would think, Kylie led Devin/Jaa'nik away to a deserted part of the level. She looked over her shoulder and met Rachael's eyes with a fierce glare, hoping to communicate that she should not follow the two and that Kylie would explain the situation later. She pulled Devin/Jaa'nik into a fierce hug. She could no longer distinguish who had more control over the body at the moment, but it didn't matter. She continued to hug him and refused to let him go until she was certian that he would be ok. "I'm sorry I sprang that on you like that. It was a long time ago. I was only in that home for four months. It affected me in more ways than I care to admit, but I survived it. All of it. It's no worse than what you went through as a kid." Kylie's voice broke and tears of her own slid down her cheecks to mingle with Devin/Jaa'nik's.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

At the moment, Jaa'nik wasn't sure herself if she was in control of the body or not. But at the moment it didn't matter, not to either of the two minds that shared the body, though it was Devin's sadness, Jaa'nik cried along anyway, the two of them embraced Kylie in return. They spoke in a varrying mixture of the human and deep-bass symbiote voice, one sentence in Devin's own, the other in the deep voice, "These tears are not my own. But are my own. I think of you as a friend. As a lover. We are two minds. But share one body. I love you."

Comment

Kylie cried along with Devin and Jaa'nik, her tears mixing with theirs until it seemed that the tears were one and the same. A complicated rush of emotion was flowing through her system. She was just able to comprehend the clear distinction between the two minds that shared the single body she had wrapped her arms around. In an odd way, in that moment, she almost felt a part of that same body, there were three parts to the equation and together they formed an indescribable bond. "I love you, too. Both of you. Jaa'nik, you, I love as a friend, a good friend. Devin, I love you like I've never loved anyone before, as a lover." She gently massaged Devin and Jaa'nik's back as she spoke. And not caring if anyone was watching, she bent down and kissed Devin's cheek.

((*runs to get tissue to combat allergies and sees clock* Doh, shouldn't have looked....it's my bedtime...But I will be back))
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X