OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    Now question time. Plot nodes, do you have any idea of how we may in the future include some very brief contact with Atlantis, and also the Lucian Alliance is out there as well
    IIRC, Atlantis is considered to be an unnecessary wastes of resources, since noone has any idea if the expedition still there - they didn't contact Earth back.

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
    RE: Gate room, I would like to wait for a med team before I post, or at least someone to give me some clues. I can help a mare foal, but I don't want to do a human baby on my own. And I can't let dad do it, he'd end up dropping it
    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

RE: Gate room, I would like to wait for a med team before I post, or at least someone to give me some clues. I can help a mare foal, but I don't want to do a human baby on my own. And I can't let dad do it, he'd end up dropping it
      I didn't drop you sweety

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
      IIRC, Atlantis is considered to be an unnecessary wastes of resources, since noone has any idea if the expedition still there - they didn't contact Earth back.

Which doesn't make sense. Atlantis would have their ZPM by now and since they can't contact Earth, they'd dial the Aplpha site. Also the 304's. By the timeline of the end of the SGC, there was Daedalus, Apollo and Odyssey, one of them would be on station at Atlantis and would make it's scheduled run back to Earth, finding it gone or whatever, it would head for the Alpha base. I'm just going with the Stargate plot here so tell me what I'm missing? I've read the back story and I can't find anything to refute my questions
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Sharp: Thank you for the help explaining things.

PJ: Apology accepted

...or at least someone to give me some clues. I can help a mare foal, but I don't want to do a human baby on my own.
        After having witnessed 3 mares foal on our farm and having two kids myself it's all a matter of pushing We humans just show the pain differently than the animals. But as a future vet I guess you already knew that

Although the panic and the pain in one of the mares eyes when we had a complicated foaling this year, (hind leg over and to the left side of the head, all at the same time) well that was heartbreaking to say the least.
        Not to mention the efforts the mare went through in her attempts to revive her foal by trying to clear his airways and biting the legs to make it get up after the vet came and helped us pull out the dead foal. *sobs and sniffles*

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

This RP takes place before the Ori. It was one year after they left, so they don't have a ZPM. And earth don't have its ships - all were destroyed.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
            This RP takes place before the Ori. It was one year after they left, so they don't have a ZPM. And earth don't have its ships - all were destroyed.
            Atlantis were able to contact Earth is season two, they did in fact send an encrypted data burst to Earth to have the support show up. And no all the ships cannot be destroyed, that seems to be a simple convenience for the RP. There would have been one of the 304's around Pegasus at some time, not all three ships were in or on Earth at the same time.

Thanks NG, I get a little testy sometimes, more so now as I had to take a bucket load of stuff to ease the pain in my hand this morning.
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
              Sharp: Thank you for the help explaining things.

PJ: Apology accepted

After having witnessed 3 mares foal on our farm and having two kids myself it's all a matter of pushing We humans just show the pain differently than the animals. But as a future vet I guess you already knew that

Although the panic and the pain in one of the mares eyes when we had a complicated foaling this year, (hind leg over and to the left side of the head, all at the same time) well that was heartbreaking to say the least.
              Not to mention the efforts the mare went through in her attempts to revive her foal by trying to clear his airways and biting the legs to make it get up after the vet came and helped us pull out the dead foal. *sobs and sniffles*
              that's terrible NG, I have had the same with Heifers, I'm sorry for you.

In the thread, I know what to do, I'm just not too good at writing it and I thought it would be a nice post for one of the MO's to come rushing in and tell the ametuers to "move it"

Comment

Oh hello Daddy, back from the x-ray already

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post

Which doesn't make sense. Atlantis would have their ZPM by now and since they can't contact Earth, they'd dial the Aplpha site. Also the 304's. By the timeline of the end of the SGC, there was Daedalus, Apollo and Odyssey, one of them would be on station at Atlantis and would make it's scheduled run back to Earth, finding it gone or whatever, it would head for the Alpha base. I'm just going with the Stargate plot here so tell me what I'm missing? I've read the back story and I can't find anything to refute my questions
                  We're in spring 2005, running along side the first season of SGA. (Turning winter on Gaia, just like you Aussies the time of the year is backwards )
                  Maybe we *will* have contact with Atlantis in the future, but as it is now, they haven't yet contacted us. *If* they do in the future, it will have to be a decision made by Gen and Sharp since it's a major thing in the plot here. We're dealing with the aftermath of Earth destruction and what that all means with trying to deal with the loss and the effort of trying to move an usual.
                  Right now our priorities are to find resources to be able to feed and defend ourselves. Hence part of the reason of the SG3 mission.

So, I'm afraid your char will just have to deal with the anxiety of not knowing how his wife are. That is a great opportunity to explore his char. Use that!
                  He's lucky though; he just had his own daughter walk through the gate!! Most of our char's has lost *everything*

Comment

I was wondering that as well, about the ships I mean. If we're trying to rebuild, wouldn't it make sense that a 304 turning up, looking for Earth's survivors, give us a better chance of 'surviving'

Oh and that was my idea when dad told me he was joining the RP, but I ahd to wait a while because of exams

Comment

It might make sense, but it won't give us many chances to develop other strategies to survive and visit other worlds in the process...
                      Having a ship appear like that is making it too easy - and we don't like the easy way

that's terrible NG, I have had the same with Heifers, I'm sorry for you.

In the thread, I know what to do, I'm just not too good at writing it and I thought it would be a nice post for one of the MO's to come rushing in and tell the ametuers to "move it"
                      It looks like if Mashall has it all in hand

You're free to pick up an NPC and play that out if you want to.
                      Just because I have a doc and a medic as a main char's ,and at this point the CMO as well, it doesn't mean I have monopoly of the medical staff

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                        It might make sense, but it won't give us many chances to develop other strategies to survive and visit other worlds in the process...
                        Having a ship appear like that is making it too easy - and we don't like the easy way
                        Oh so that's why Sharp didn't want that Al'kesh I posted Anti-ship people I didn't know that, becuase I thought being Stargate there'd be at least one ship to go adventuring in

Comment

Didn't say we're "anti-shippers" ( and yes - I know what that might indicate in the FF-world and in the other forum-threads )

We just don't have any big ships like the 304 and x303 and such at this point of the story.

Oh, and added a few things in my above post after you quoted it RR

Comment

Guys, tell a confused russian half-sleeping pal, who's still playing SG-6? SR, Ainty...

sigpic

Comment

SR and me. DG when she's got an opportunity.

Comment

Oh, yeah, right, sorry. I'm just trying to build-up a post for Lance, since now SG-7 is in my command I assume, and I'm a bit confused whom to ask about what to do since your characters just ended up isolated. It feels like the mission is going downhill.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X