No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i just read both the base announcements and the messages blue and colonel sent me, no one mentioned the base was on lockdown in the last week i was here...

opps missed the post where colonel locked it down

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
      ...or Foreston will... The base has the gate in their control!

*off to bed with me. Way too late now*
      Night NG Yep Foreston can be a good start, needs more peeps though

Originally posted by Planetary_Alliance View Post
      so i just read both the base announcements and the messages blue and colonel sent me, no one mentioned the base was on lockdown in the last week i was here...

The base is in lockdown, hide all your stash

Comment

Basic outline of trade with Foreston:

We give them protection, in return, they give us a certain amount of currency for us to distribute among soldiers to spend in town, as well as making our weapons and operating factories of various kinds. (Note: These factories were built with our specifications and such and our materials before Earth was destroyed.)

We also provide them with things such as medicine, electrical supplies, phones, etc.

We get the majority of our food through the gate through various "lesser" allies who we trade crude materials to such as medicine or, I guess now, gold, if they find that valuable.

Ok, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but if I come up with more while I sleep, I'll post it tomorrow
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Well, you could always have back tracked a bit in the threads on at least the first page before jumping right back in.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

It was my bad, when they said nothing was really happening when i first got back and pm'd both of them i didn't expect base lockdown to fall under nothing

*tries to figure out way to get around base lockdown in story line*

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

It was my bad, when they said nothing was really happening when i first got back and pm'd both of them i didn't expect base lockdown to fall under nothing

*tries to figure out way to get around base lockdown in story line*
              My bad also....
              and now what? we are stuck?
              sigpic
              Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

not yet, i'm still thinking XD

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

No - it was probably my fault for not mentioning it to PA >.<

As for what to do now...maybe they had turned off the main lockdown alarm by the time they got there? And they were just chilling awaiting further orders? That's the best worst idea I could come up with :/
                  sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Could I get a reminder as to what "base lockdown status" actually means?
                    I need it for the Foreston things...
                    What would happen from the town's point of view, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                      Other that nothing gets in nor out the base?
                      I don't know....
                      sigpic
                      Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                        Hangar Doors Shut
                        All entries and exits to base sealed
                        Extra programs to override in order to dial gate
                        All incoming wormholes meet the iris and an automatic message saying the base is in lockdown > forward to Beta Site
                        Base Lockdown Alarm goes off - could be toned down.

The town wouldn't exactly 'see' anything besides the fact that the doors are closed, and, as I mentioned, there's a button somewhere in Foreston blinking
                        sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                          Basic outline of trade with Foreston:

We give them protection, in return, they give us a certain amount of currency for us to distribute among soldiers to spend in town, as well as making our weapons and operating factories of various kinds. (Note: These factories were built with our specifications and such and our materials before Earth was destroyed.)

We also provide them with things such as medicine, electrical supplies, phones, etc.

We get the majority of our food through the gate through various "lesser" allies who we trade crude materials to such as medicine or, I guess now, gold, if they find that valuable.

Ok, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but if I come up with more while I sleep, I'll post it tomorrow
                          That's a good start Dillon, but an economy to thrive needs more people and a broader commerce other than weapons. Would the Foreston people be open to migrants (human of course). They have electricity but with such a small popluation a viable industry won't survive. I was thinking of consumer goods manufactoring, like fridges and stuff to start off. We could build a Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                            We could build a Walmart
                            Starbucks! We all know there's one on every corner anyways.

Comment

Yeah that's a given I think. But I would baulk at introducing them to KFC or Macca's

Comment

My first thought for a response began was to explain how standard and classical economic theory could not be applied to an extremely small, educated, secluded, artificially advanced civilization on another planet protected by a super powerful base and at the constant threat of alien attack....

but then I realized that it doesn't actually matter.

If we do a weird flash-forward to 30 years in the future, we might have to go into some explanation, but for now, we can let it be. We're not being evaluated by some economics professor on whether it's a feasible idea
                                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X