No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give her time... There's tons of new players lately.

I'm still trying to find a way in the quagmire that has become the Infirmary...

Comment

If I can hunt down Tim Foster somewhere, I think it's my turn to post in that particular plot in the infirmary.

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
      [ Outer office] {General Blue} {Galen Perris}
      (( This is really confusing. Less than 20 minutes have passed in Blue's office but a day? has passed in the Infirmary. I have to decide how to reconcile this time differential before I can post. ))
      What ever gave you the impression of a day having passed in the infirmary? I've playing along with the latest time set we've had, SG3's departure at 1800 hrs... Making it about 2000 in the Infirmary, give or take an hour. Did I miss something?

Edit: Had some time to think.
      If you're referring to Mac already being out of the infirmary then I can tell you that he is doing it against medical orders. Apparently, according to our military expert , a high ranking officer like the one he's playing is able to sign himself out even if the CMO wanted him to spend the night... and for the record, he didn't even sign the necessary papers. Gus is holding on to them for dear life atm, awaiting the man's return.
      How plausible it is that you just walk away from what Mac did earlier on in Blue's office, well that is just me going la-la-la-la-la
      Last edited by Northern Girl; 28 July 2010, 04:25 AM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

I wasn't reading the Infirmary and was under the impression he'd spent the night. Mainly because I know Gus would have ordered it.

Good - Now Nick can order him to spend the night there for observation. My first response was going to be "What the heck are you doing walking around?"

What's that "famous" saying? Oh, I know. Actions have Consquences!

I'll hopefully be able to post something this evening.
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

I had a la-la-la moment at work.... Ugh.

I'm over it now, though, since I'M HOME!!! no more whiney people nagging at me to work miracles with shabby word processors

Comment

*sitting at the porch, listening to the rain pouring down, having a great time*

And what happens?

That cat shows up. Meowing like crazy. CARRYING A FREAKIN' RAT!!!

"Yes, yes. Good kitten. I've seen it... NOW Shoooo! At least get down under the porch!!"

*sigh*

Ahhh, the joy of living close to nature

...Carrie post is in the maiking

Comment

Anyone want to come and chat with my charrie in the armoury?

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
                Anyone want to come and chat with my charrie in the armoury?
                Welcome to the club Weedle You'll be waiting a long while before anyone gets around to you. We post in our time, go to bed, they spend all of our night here and when you come on you think yep, I'll answer their response today...or not
                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Yeah I figured that. I think I'm gonna roll with RR's game instead, I think it will be more exiting anyway imo.

Comment

Well, what can I say... We all live in different parts of the world. GMT +10 to -9.

IMHO that is part of the beauty in this place.

See ya all in my morning

*poof off to bed*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                      I wasn't reading the Infirmary and was under the impression he'd spent the night. Mainly because I know Gus would have ordered it.

Good - Now Nick can order him to spend the night there for observation. My first response was going to be "What the heck are you doing walking around?"

What's that "famous" saying? Oh, I know. Actions have Consquences!

I'll hopefully be able to post something this evening.
                      Actually all Nick can do is "ask" Mac to go to the infirmary

Comment

Yep, nothing but trouble.

*poofs off to zzz as well*

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                          Yep, nothing but trouble.

*poofs off to zzz as well*
                          Ryn when you have spent your entire adult life in the military, then come back and see me. I'm simply following procedure and nothing else, there is no malice or insult meant in any way. If you set up a military themed RPG and you have players with that experience, expect for things to be carried out in the proper way. Trouble is when you don't follow the book

Comment

From my understanding Nick is the commander of the base, and what he says goes. I don't really see how Macgregor could say no if Nick asked him. Especially if he made it a direct order.

Anyhoo- just logging on quick to let you know I probably wont be able to post until later tonight busy day!!

Weedle- you don't always have to wait for someone to come and interact with your character - you can go find theirs! Might I suggest heading to the mess hall for a snack? Normally one can run into someone else there
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Both characters are single star ranks, MacGregor is technically more senior by virtue of length of service and when he received his star. Flag or General Staff are treated as equals in 99.99% of situations, and in this case MacGregor was under Homeworld directive to take command of the Stargate Fleet prior to the fallout. In this situation, Nick can recommend or advise, or as a friend ask Mac to attend the Infirmary, but he cannot give him a direct order.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                                Both characters are single star ranks, MacGregor is technically more senior by virtue of length of service and when he received his star. Flag or General Staff are treated as equals in 99.99% of situations, and in this case MacGregor was under Homeworld directive to take command of the Stargate Fleet prior to the fallout. In this situation, Nick can recommend or advise, or as a friend ask Mac to attend the Infirmary, but he cannot give him a direct order.
                                When I read about the Stargate Fleet bit in your bio, the only reason I left it in there was because it didn't matter because our few ships were destroyed . And for that matter - I assumed you meant him taking command in the far future (i.e. 4/5 years, when we would actually have a fleet).

Additionally, I don't think the star thing matters that much. After all, the Alpha Site is a USAF base, not some international project. The foreigners there had been invited by the US military. ((For example, I would guess if an Australian Commodore pulled into a US Navy port where a US Real Admiral (lower) was in charge, the US Admiral could expect full cooperation from the Australian Commodore.)) So yes, I suppose in essence it wouldn't be an 'order', just a suggestion in which you don't have a choice
                                sigpic
                                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                                X