No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what products are availabe 'down under' but Loreal Preference is very good. If you use it according to directions and apply the sealer/conditioner every week, you'll get 5-6 weeks of unfaded color and soft, shiny hair.
    I've used it for years and my hair is in excellent condition. Of course, I do keep it short so damage to the ends isn't an issue.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

A couple of random questions for anyone who can answer them...

- Does everyone have a radio, and carry them around everywhere like on Atlantis, or are they only given out when teams are on missions?
      (I.e. can my char use it to call anyone on base at any time, or do I need to use alternate methods?)

- What sort of computer systems are setup? Any network, or a bunch of unconnected machines?

- Are there any other computer technicians on base my char can go be geeky with?
      Valorin ~ Stephen
      http://valorin.net/

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
        Sorry, you people are losing me with all this base wide stuff that's happening O.o I'm sitting here itching my head..............Sooooooooooooooooo lost.
        You and me both. Guess it's a good thing I'm not "directly" involved in this one.

But I mostly have a post typed up for Hughes, just need to fit in some of these happenings, probably when I get back from class sometime this afternoon. Things better not progress too quicky in the infirmary in that time span, or I'm going to start pounding my head against the nearest wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Valorin View Post

- Does everyone have a radio, and carry them around everywhere like on Atlantis, or are they only given out when teams are on missions?
          (I.e. can my char use it to call anyone on base at any time, or do I need to use alternate methods?)
          Yes. Everybody has their own radio. Think cell phone with a built in pager!
          If you know the specific frequency; you can call someone like on a cell, but as long as you make it clear in your post if it's a general call or directed to a specific person, it really doesn't matter how you make the call.
          If it's directed to a specific person, a cross post in the thread where said person is, helps so that the call isn't ignored by accident.

- What sort of computer systems are setup? Any network, or a bunch of unconnected machines?
          Yeppers! There is a network.... and a database with films and books and all kind of stuff... Reachable from basically everywhere as long as you have been granted access.
          Like medical people have access to the medical files, but not to security and vice versa.

- Are there any other computer technicians on base my char can go be geeky with?
          Apollo's first char is a comp geek, so is DG's Greg Shelder (currently sick as a dog though due to DG being somewhere in Afghanistan)

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Valorin View Post

Everyone has a radio on base which can switch to different channels. Additionally, you can "call" the comm. station (in the security booth) and request to be directly connected to a certain radio/groups of radios, which they can do on a computer (but you cannot do on a normal radio)

Almost all networked computers with some separate systems such as in the alien technology lab.

Mr. West is an engineer, but he does work with computers . However, I believe Apollodragon is busy atm....*pokes apollo* You around?
            Ta-da - I bolded my answers.

EDIT: THANKS NG!
            sigpic
            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

*smacks Sharp on the head in best Shep/McKay-manor* Smart@$$

Comment

Add a link to the update thread stuff like this is what's needed there, too, as well as say, an update.

SR - whereabouts are you lost in the SG-3 thread? Lance is in the car (I think, though you did not post him getting in ) and we're zooming off to the group that came with Carl Johnson - the original people that PJOZ brought in{removed}. I believe Gen is going to work out a solution for them in the game, and it is part of SG-3's mission. You'll just have to ignore the NID bits since those weren't authorised by GMs.
                As for the widespread base stuff- there's creatures on the loose that can phase shift, and they mess with electrical stuff .
                Hope that helps.

Oh - for the stuff in Infirmary - do I assume that the foothold message WAS heard in the Med bay or NOT? I'd gather not since usually no base wide messages even enter the Med Bay as patients rest there. I need to know for David and Dean...
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 September 2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Not a GM, , but wouldn't it be logical for a "lock down alarm" to be heard all over the place? Sharp??

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                    Apollo's first char is a comp geek, so is DG's Greg Shelder (currently sick as a dog though due to DG being somewhere in Afghanistan)
                    Shh, don't tell nobody. But Greg might get better by the end of the year, real-time. There's a lot more computer access than I was expecting out here when I shelved my characters. Not too many characters in the fire though, Jen won't come home until I do. Maybe a little after.
                    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Great, that answers my questions
                      Valorin ~ Stephen
                      http://valorin.net/

Comment

My first character is a Computer scientist. He is in the infirmary and is stuck there because of the situation.
                        Aftermath RP
                        Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                        Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                        SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                        Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Will see what I can do for posting wise tomorrow, RL's been soooooooo busy I only manage to have time for one RP If RL behaves, I'll see what I can do for Lance/Kim/Travis posts.

Comment

Finally posted, SG-3 thread hadn't been posted on in a week! Wow, so much for interest in it, eh?

Comment

Have posted... waiting for a reply... from someone who's on an LOA So I'm trying to have fun with Tim for a change *pats poor medic on the head*

*back to prepping a lecture in the fantastic world of embryology - the development of the heart *

Comment

lol.... he's great fun to watch.

Anyhoo - I've hit the language barrier more often than I can count in the last hour, writing all those posts brain fried me. Kept typing wrong things and wrong words... Can't count the number of times I hit the edit button anymore...

Off to watch Big Bang Theory.

I sooo need to update my signature rolling thingy.... it's not really current anymore...

Comment

Working...
                                X