No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to change the subject around here!!

but .... D*C was amazing this year!!

the panels may be fun but the peeps are better!!

three cheers for the fans!!

excuse the interuption ... ainty out!!

teehee!!
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Change of topic is just what is needed Ainty

PJ, please wait till Gen or Dillon return from their LOA to discuss the matter further. As to I totally agree with what Skydiver has said. The matter is between the three of you. Please keep the talks within the PM's.

Comment

Speaking of cvhanging topic; has anyone seen m,y little sister Tiffany yet? Mother's getting angery and might ship me and SQ to aunt Icrebeth in the Outlands if we don't find her

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

uhhhhhhhhh I don't think I seen her......In fact I had no idea you had a sister.

Comment

my GW family is quite big, SQ is my younger sister (about half my age (3358), and Tiffany is our yonger sister (almost a year old))

Tiffy as we call her is blue eyed and white haired, like myself After all, Marmoreal is clean and bright colors throughout... though Mother is still kinda mad at SQ for dying her hair black....

At least it is not as bad as Toothless eating the flowers from the royal garden, how SQ got a black dragon as a pet I'll never know....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

*watches the RP come to a grinding halt *

hey, come on guys.... let's DO something here, ok? It's an RP, not a chatterbox .

*whines and pokes lurk* DO SOMETHING!

Comment

It's pretty obvious something needs to lift it up, but it's hard to do when folks disappear for RL issues I guess. I'm trying to learn patience, but it's not my forte' I guess.

*whips off elsewhere*

Comment

I am currently waiting things out I have both Michael and Lannie the NPC in limbo right now after my next post.
                  -------------
                  "I'll be in my bunk," Jayne Cobb
                  "Indeed,"

Aftermath RP

SG1, Resurgence RP Daniel Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ
                    If nobody minds, at least until Sharp and Gen returns, does any one have any objections if I give advice here. I see quite a few both technical and tactical errors going on atm.
                    That shouldn't be a problem. You're free to participate in the madness that is this thread, you just can't pick your characters back up until either Sharp or Gen say so.

That said, whether we -- and by we, I mean they -- choose to follow your advice is up to them. While most of us do strive for some semblance of realism here, we don't always strictly adhere to "proper" military procedure.

Perhaps, if those involved wish to do so, just discuss it with them via PM. That'd probably be an acceptable compromise -- this gives them the option to respond, or not, and edit their posts if they want to. It's my preferred method for this type of situation.

Comment

Oh, I'm here.
                      OOC is a 'free thread' in that a person doesn't have to be a RPG member to post here. One just has to follow the general forum rules. Be constructive, be polite.
                      PM's are usually the prefered way to discuss procedural details.
                      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah well I wasn't only talking about military procedure, though that is one of the most glaring problems you have. For the most part in that area, it just takes ongoing tuition
                        My mistake. I assumed you had meant some of the procedures in the infirmary thread, which seems to be a matter of some debate now. Which is part of the reason I so love to play Hughes. He's military, obviously, but he's not big on rules and procedure, but everyone almost has to put up with it, because he's the base's expert when it comes to alien weapons.

The other problem some of the newbies have is simple RP procedure, like quoting a coms message for example. It should be in Italics and the colour of the original poster.
                        There's different ways to approach this, and I've used a couple in my time here, but I haven't decided on a favorite method yet.

I only ever use italics for thoughts, but each person in the conversation should have their "own" color. It makes for a much easier read.

Another thing is action and emotion when speaking. If a another character is nearby, you can't just simply start talking, where are they? In front of you, beside you? If they are next to you and your character has spoken to X, then needs to speak to Y, they need to turn their head, or their whole body. Does a character walk to the infirmary or run, if they're running, we should 'hear' their footsteps.
                        Your way sounds like that's the way it has to be, and it doesn't, but I do see your point. I'll just run with your first example, the conversations.

If I talk to one person (X), I may not turn around when I talk to them, nor if I choose to include a third person (Y) in the conversation. It really depends on the situation.

I mentioned that Robert doesn't always show the respect that he should. So maybe he's speaking with Captain Crescent (he respects!) and Doctor Williams (not so much!) and he focuses on the former the entire time, but just throws an offhand remark or two at the latter.

How do I show that and still communicate that he's now talking to someone else? There's various ways to do it, and if you stick around with me long enough, you're bound to pick up on more than a few of the methods I like for external (not my novel) use.

But yes, you do need to put some thought into not only what your character says, but also how they act. Ultimately, I believe you need to know your character at least as well as you know yourself.

Comment

PM's or IM's work best for me if there are any issues with any of my posts, thank you!
                          No need to "hang people" in public in the OOC, if you get my meaning?

As for the events in the infirmary: Much of the misunderstandings there could have been avoided if you'd given me a chance to respond to RR's post. I know what it's like to be new and eager to post. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it, (just have a look at some of my earlier posts in here a few years back ) so please, give us grown ups with a job and a family at least 24 hours to respond before moving on like that.

Not to mention it would have been nice with some more interactions between the characters there...

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

NG Are you talking about moi sorry, the alarms went off and Cate swung into action, it's what she does, don't worry she's a responsible girl, she'll be back

Oh and I'm not a newbie, been playing RP's since I was....um about well it was a while ago anyways

Comment

Fixed the elevator thingy thanks NG and now I wait for Apollo

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                                NG Are you talking about moi sorry, the alarms went off and Cate swung into action, it's what she does, don't worry she's a responsible girl, she'll be back

Oh and I'm not a newbie, been playing RP's since I was....um about well it was a while ago anyways
                                Nope. Wasn't referring to your actions by moving Cat to the nurses station... I don't know if there's been any PM exchange between you and Ainty before moving Cat though

Fixed the elevator thingy thanks NG and now I wait for Apollo
                                Good!

I know I'm not even a dGM, but as a senior member here, a piece of advice when RPing here, would be for people put a little bit of more effort in their post by actually studying the maps available before posting. It might take a minute more to shoot off a post, but it helps with setting the invironment in your mind so to speak and avoid misstakes like placing rooms/officies/doors in totally wrong places/levels.

*back to wait for my little patient to have his MRI done so that I can get my hands on him *

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Working...
                                X