No announcement yet.

Outdoor Docking Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevens wanted him to give her back the radio, but hers wasn't a strong position. Raising her hands to push more strands of wet hair that had turned nearly brown from its normal red.

"This is Major Stevens to all of SG-5. You're ordered to stand down and come out of cover, simulation is finished. Hughes, that means you. Over."

She tried visually to count for her weaponry. The P-90 lay where it had fallen when she'd been hit, out of reach. But she wasn't going to try, the ground turning to mud and soaking through her BDUs was extremely de-motivating. She looked up to get a better read of Major Ezekiel.

It was hard to tell from the ground, but she'd guess he was a quite a bit taller than her. "Major Stevens, USAF. Well-played, though you need to chew your demolitions expert a new one for using live munitions in a training situation. My lieutenant has shrapnel wounds that need medical care."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

John looked down at her and smiled, "Will do ma'ma. was going to have a talk with him anyway." he looked around and than said, "As soon as all of your team mates are present and accounted for I will cut loose your bonds."

He thought about the day and was glad it was finally over. He did feel a little bad about the whole thing especially her lt getting injured. Than he looked over at Larry who still hadn't woken up from getting shot.

sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

"This is Major Stevens to all of SG-5. You're ordered to stand down and come out of cover. Hughes, that means you. Over."

Hughes let his head roll back with a smile, the tree behind him a hard cushion. So much for getting the chance to prove himself. His hopes had quickly been crushed. Truth be told, he should have expected it. Indeed, it'd happened so many times before.

"Ma'am?" Too much of a question. "Yes, ma'am." He released the button on his radio.

It took some effort to rise to his feet, a bad ankle and two bad arms hindering him. His first step was unsteady, but he could still walk, albeit with a very noticable limp.

He retraced the route he'd taken to get here. He stuck mostly to flat, even terrain as best he could, to spare his ankle needless pain; more or less, it was a futile attempt. But he fought through the pain. As he always did. In his own way.

Nestled in the shallow depression, just ahead, was his pack, right where he'd left it earlier, and fortunately, in much better shape than he was.

With the pack slung over his shoulders, Hughes headed off in the general direction of Major Stevens and SG-4, the pace slower than before, thanks to the added load.

He covered the distance in good time, all things considered. But he couldn't help but chuckle at Major Steven's misfortune upon arrival, his eyes drawn to her bonds. "Looks the enemy wasn't so kind to you either, ma'am."

His amusement faded, his eyes darting around the rest of the group, each one carefully inspected. "How about cutting her loose?" The sudden escaped empathy shocked even him. Instead, he'd had a few choice words selected about the use of live munitions. Those had been what he had meant to say.

Comment

When Hughes showed up, obviously worse for wear, several thoughts came to her mind. 'Yep, that's you, Stevens. The one team leader who can get her people banged up on a training exercise. He's favoring an ankle and those shrapnel wounds need re-dressed. Need to give him a pass from work for a few days. Wait a freaking minute, he was on the receiving of live fire in a training sim and he's worried about me?'

None of it showed, unless someone knew her well. She raised her hands, sweeping more loose, wet strands out of her eyes, and waved one bound hand. "Hi, welcome to the party, L-T. Pull up a stump, settle in, take a load off. We're just waiting for Crescent and Michaels."

<<Nearby in the Forest>>

Crescent heard the radio call and cursed. Not the way she'd thought about this ending. What if the boss was under duress though? Being forced to order them down?

She headed towards the group that had developed, blinking at the sight. Major Stevens looked less than happy. Though she didn't have a lot of experience reading the major, she could make an educated guess. Seeing someone at the age of five gave you a bit of window into their psyche. Worried about Hughes' wounds, possibly beating herself for the bumps and bruises everyone had collected.

But the major didn't need to know she could tell. "It looks like you're all tied up at the moment, Boss." 'Shouldn't aggravate her too much, I might want a pass to take a couple days off when we get back.'

CAPT Kari Crescent, USAF
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Mighty generous, ma'am" He shrugged off the pack, careful not to aggravate either arm, easier said than done. An odd performance finished, the pack landed in a patch of soaked grass just behind him.

The ankle, in turn, hampered taking a seat. By the time he'd done so, Captain Crescent had arrived. He nodded in her direction, his form of welcome.

"It looks like you're all tied up at the moment, Boss." Hughes did a double take at that. Almost sounded like a comment he would make. 'Would have sounded better too. Seriously? Empathy?' He refrained from shaking his head in disbelief. That was reserved for those he had played ball with, close friends... 'And people you respect,' he reminded himself, his expression reminiscent of stone. Unreadable.

Comment

LT Michaels

Lieutenant Michaels had found the scene where everyone currently was. He believed that he was able to do so without being seen as no one was firing. He saw SG-5's Commanding Officer had been captured. Michaels raised his weapon and drew a bead on his opposing force's Commander. It was as he was about to pull the trigger that his radio crackled in his ear. MAJ Stevens was calling for them to lay down arms. Michaels cursed under his breath. He had been tempted to pull the trigger anyway. He did not give up easily. He wondered how often Stevens recited the third line of the Code of Conduct. He hesitated. Technically, he was not part of SG-5, so her orders were not yet applicable to him. Michaels decided to wait things out in the cover.
              sigpic

Comment

First Lieutenant Vincent Valentine

Vincent would have nodded at Ezekiel's command, if he knew it wouldn't set off a mini explosion inside his head. He moved closer, slowly as expected from a man who had been battered and beaten over the past few hours. Once he saw all of SG-5 assembled he stood and walked slowly towards the group.

His limp could not be disguised as he walked past the members of SG-5, he treated the man who'd run from his bluff to a false cheery grin as he limped past, pausing briefly at the woman who'd chased him into the forest, and who'd given him the knock to the head. He recognised the CO, both from the time he'd downed her, and from the restraints at her wrists, he gave her a slow and respectful nod, there was no point in being all high and mighty just because she'd given the order to surrender.

He moved apart from SG-5, still alert for danger, but relaxing his tired body against a trunk of a dead tree, allowing him to take weight off his bad ankle.

His Z-90 hung within easy reach, though the main weapon would only fire intar rounds the Zat would be more useful if anything... unexpected were to happen.

He glanced at Ezekiel for the briefest of moments, then kept a good eye on the surroundings, Suresh and Owen were treated to similar glances as his eyes swept past them, just to remain political. The only member of the team who didn't receive a glance was Hutchinson, though that was mainly because he was unconscious.

Though he was sure nearly all of SG-5 were aware that Ezekiel was CO of SG-4 it never hurt to follow S.O.P. he wasn't about to give a rouge Jaffa a good shot at a higher up just because he was lax at the end of a training mission.

"I once thought it better to be right
                But now I have finally seen the light
                Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

<Major Ezekiel>

John watched as the members of SG5 came up one at a time. He looked down at the Major, who’s hands were still tied. He than looked around at the tree line, they were still waiting on one member of her teammates. He watched as the Lt. walked up, he was favoring his ankle, John was careful not to show any emotion but he felt bad that someone got injured, this was suppose to be just a fun exercise. “Lt.,” John said as he walked up. ‘Injured ankle, must be a LT thing.’ He thought to himself thinking about his own Lt, who walked up a few minutes later. "She will be, Lt. Just as soon as your last member shows themselves."

A few minutes later a Captain walked up, he looked her up and down, she didn’t show any visible signs of being injured. He carefully listened to the banter that took place between the members of SG5.

John glanced over at Larry just in time to see him stir ever so slightly, he didn’t move from his position near Stevens. He just waited patiently for him to come around. When he finally did Larry nodded and moved his head ever so slightly. John motioned with his eyes letting him know he understood, and yes they were still waiting on one more person.

<Captain Hutchinson>

Larry slowly came to from the cold rain that was falling on his face. His mind began to think about everything that had happened, 'Oh no SG7 mission failed, Anderson Captured.' Than he slowly opened his eyes to see the forest instead of a desert, and the cold rain falling on his face.

He opened his eyes wider and saw the different people around him slowly the day began to replay in his mind, 'Training mission SG4, on Gaia.' Once those memories were set in his mind, the pain from his leg became ever apparent.

He finally made eye contact with Major Ezekiel, they shared a glance, which said ‘I am hurt but okay, will need help getting back to the base. We still are waiting on one more opponents to show themselves.’ They didn’t have to say anything Larry expressed what he needed to. ‘This thing is over, I think I am going to request a day of complete rest, I need to let this leg heal. Maybe I should make it to. We should have some down time before we go on a mission.’

sigpic
                  Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                    "You call this an adventure?" Astra whispered, shaking her head. "I'm looking forward to going back to base to."
                    "Yes, actually. Though I agree that returning to base would be great. The rain seems to be getting way worse." Mohinder said as the order to surrender was issued by SG-5 commander.

His quick brain then went on high gear as he remembered he had to retrieve the two P-90s and the zat he had rigged up. "Now that the exercise is truly over with I'll go retrieve the weapons we used for the traps. Tell Bullet I'll be right back." Mohinder told Astra as he began to run through the grass to get the equipment back.

When he got to the first trap, he used his swiss knife to cut the P-90 loose and hung it over his shoulder. He ran to the other P-90 and did the same, hanging it over his other shoulder and then he finally went to the zat. He retrieved both the weapon and the rope rigging it to fire, placing the latter into a plastic bag on his backpack due to the mud now covering it and the former in its rightful place, reforming his Z-90 weapon. Then he ran back to the 'camp' and gave Astra's P-90 back just as Hutchinson woke up.

Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

So the enemy commander was simply going to leave Major Stevens tied up until Michaels arrived? If looks could kill, the one flashed by Hughes would have certainly done the trick. So what if everyone present had probably seen it?

Part of him wished he hadn't listened to the order, directed mostly at him, commanding SG-5 to stand down. Given just a few more minutes, he would have taken Ezekiel out of the picture. Then who'd be laughing? Not that the major was, but...

Just then, he realized exactly where this was going. Various degrees of support and empathy, for Major Stevens, in less than five minutes. From him, no less. He wanted to slap himself silly.

Avoiding further eye contact, Hughes did his best to wait patiently for Michaels.

Comment

Vincent was still alert, checking around still, then his vision started blurring.

Odd. He thought, but ignored it. It was annoying though, and difficult to ignore, especially when his head hurt. He looked around for the last member of SG-5, surely the man couldn't take all that long to obey an order. Vincent sighed, catching the look Hughes threw at Ezekiel but only understanding it a second or so later.

"Arrogant little..." He growled, irritated at the look, but he hadn't meant to say it quite so loud. He paused, this wasn't like him at all, he sighed again, as he felt their eyes fall on him he could almost hear his breathing getting louder, maybe even slower. He realised his mistake almost too late, he'd forgotten to tell Ezekiel about the Concussion he'd suffered earlier.

"Bulletargh." His head almost erupted with pain at the moment he chose to spoke with Ezekiel. He paused to let it pass, then promptly forgot what he was about to say. He looked at Ezekiel puzzled, he thought for a little while, then he thought this would be a good time to tell his CO about the concussion. "Got a urrhhg, big knock to the head. Might still be concussed a bit."

After a long thought he pulled the Z-90 off his shoulder and handed it to Ezekiel.

"Think you should have this... just in case." His breathing was louder, he knew it, possibly a little slower too. "Think I might sit down too. Not feeling all that good..."

He did as he said he might, and sat, a little shakily. Then held his head in his hands allowing cool fingers to wash away a little of the pain in his head, then, once his hands warmed, ran then through his hair a little to where he'd gotten a few knocks.

"Strange, no swelling. Feels like it's swelling like a good 'un" He muttered to himself.

((Okay for the records (and jury!), he hasn't gone mad, but he's got mild Cerebral Compression, caused by swelling in the brain (he's not bleeding into his brain). It's not bad enough to do anything serious though, I'm not that evil.))

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Astra shook her head at Mo's reply.

"Yeah the rain is getting heavier," Astra agreed, wiping the water off her face.

She watched Mo run off and come back with their weapons. The remaining members of the oppossitte team were slowly surrendering and making their way to their little group. She did admit to herself that she actually did enjoy the training mission and was looking forward to going on actual missions with her new team members. Astra noted the slurr in Lt Vncent's voice and heard something about a concussion being mentioned, then observed weapons being handed over to Bullet. The archaeologist decided to head over to Vincent and sat down next to him.

"Hey, Knife," Astra said softly. "You looking foward to going back to base to get out of this rain?" She asked him.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Stevens shook out her head and raised her hands to try to simultaneously wring some water out and adjust her headgear. Difficult with bound hands, but possible. The rain felt, at least to her, like it was getting colder. 'Hot shower, dry clothes, hot shower, dry clothes.'

"Ezekiel, since you won't release my hands yet, mind giving me another phone call?" She huffed and glanced at the two members of her team that had followed orders. Neither of them looked real pleased, but they had done it. Crescent cracking off in a way only she could get away with at this point, Hughes aggravated over her. She'd keep them, even with the differences of style.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                              Astra noted the slurr in Lt Vncent's voice and heard something about a concussion being mentioned, then observed weapons being handed over to Bullet. The archaeologist decided to head over to Vincent and sat down next to him.

"Hey, Knife," Astra said softly. "You looking foward to going back to base to get out of this rain?" She asked him.

Vincet looked at Owen a little slowly, sitting down had helped, it took away some of the pain from his ankle and made thinking a little easier.

"'Course. Think I've got a long stay in the med-bay though." He paused, then added. "Twisted ankle, Hallucinations and now I just can't think straight. Soon as I'm back on the active roster I'm off it again."

He suddenly frowned, realising he'd spoken aloud not just thought it in his head. All this thinking was making his head hurt.

As soon as his mind focused back on the pain it intensified, he gritted his teeth, screwed up his eyes and grunted in pain. He looked back to Owen.

"Sooner I get back the better I think. Might be a bit more than concussion. Whatever it is that comes after." He grunted in pain again, searching around for something to take his battered mind off things, but there wasn't much. He looked back at Owen again. "Think I might of gotten myself into a bit of trouble..."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

He'd heard the comment. Arrogant? For defending his commander? His. He almost allowed a brief smile to pass over his face.

He refused to give any indication that he had heard, however -- a rarity for him. Normally, a sharp, biting remark was on the tip of his tongue. Even Major Stevens hadn't escaped that unscathed.

But Hughes could only imagine that the man was a hypocrite. He found it hard to believe that the lieutenant would react much differently, if the roles were reversed. That made it all the more surprising, to him, when he said nothing at all.

He wasn't sure what was so different now from then.

Comment

Working...
                                X