No announcement yet.

SG5 Missions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The children turned away from SG-8 to all look accusingly at Jonah. One small slip had tripped a lot of memories.

Benal had big chunks of memory coming back rapidly. Enough that he didn't need Ka'te now. "What you Harvans did was tantamount to genocide, Jonah Beln. But it looks like you were caught in it too."

Jonah swallowed. "The use of the weapon backfired. It was only supposed to affect all of Arla, making winning the war easy. It was too powerful, the Alterran crystal at the heart of it," he nodded to what McKay held, "caused both Harv and Arla's populations to be reduced. Arla was not as affected, we moved in to take control of the Harv population."

Benal crossed his arms. "Is the effect reversible?"

"Not for us, High Councilor. The groople team can be reversed, but not with the device itself. The crystal must be interfaced with a different source of power and control console." Jonah looked down.

Cries for blood came from the others, but Benal stilled them, "Before we get hasty, look around you. We've worked together for five years, as Harvalans, to make a go of this. If Director Colonel Jonah Beln is willing to truce, then I, High Councilor Benal Tam, am willing to truce."

It would have been impressive, out of anyone else.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"You heard them, let's get back home and hook this thing to a generator" George said quietly and he he motioned to sneak off back to the gate

Comment

McKay carefully stowed the crystal, recovered the gear SG-5 had left in the ruins and prepared to move out.

((George, you can control the movement back through the gate. Team leader kind of thing.))

2nd Lieutenant Mickey McKay, RCAF
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

The team moved through the jungle with relative ease. Well that was relatively easy, we got what we needed and even triggerd peace talks here.

They got to the gate and took a minute to rest. "someone dial the gate, let's get out of here"

Comment

McKay dialed Beta Site, not sure how he knew. The strange events with the wolf were still on his mind. 'We'll figure it out when they're normal again. None of this would have happened if Gator was still in charge, though.' He held that thought as the gate activated.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

As the gate activated George smiled back at the others, "Let's go, I bet the kids are driving the nurses crazy"

George then stepped through the event horizon and back to the betasite

Comment

McKay paused at the event horizon, turning the crystal to restore his teammates to normal. It was flat and clear, identical to puddle jumper control crystals he'd seen. 'It's Ancient, the people were messing with Ancient technology. The base techs will love this. Wonder if it can do anything besides make kids out of adults.' The lieutenant re-stowed the crystal and stepped through the event horizon.

((to Beta Site Gate Room))

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Natasha watched carefully as the kids talked about their past and tried to resolve their problems amongst themselves. When the situation appeared to be under control by Benal, Natasha lowered her zat. Moments later Rhea gave the go back order and she followed the others to the Gate, stepping through it just after McKay.

<< To the Beta Site >>

Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

John was the last to step through the gate back to the betasite.

<To betasite>
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

<<from Armory>>

<<Office>>

Jen swiped her card and opened the door. She wasn't an office sort of officer, so the place was dusty and mostly unused. But she had a report to write.

She promptly opened the computer and booted it up. She didn't like them very well, always crashing and stuff. Grumbling under her breath as she opened Word, the report began. 'Bears, must mention the sow bear. And mention the villagers setting bear traps too close to base operations. But she was surely an aberration of their normal range.'

Banging her head against the wall, figuratively, to explain exactly how the mission had gone to pot, Jen gave up, saved what she had and unplugged the computer. "I'm going to the lounge with this, it'll make more sense if I don't write it here."

<<to Lounge>>

Last edited by DragonGate; 25 May 2009, 05:04 PM. Reason: movement

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<from Lounge>>

<<Office>>

Jen swiped her card and opened her door, ignoring the several male voices from the SG-6 office. She used one of the team chairs to prop the door open and set the computer down on the desk, re-connecting the network cable and re-starting to computer to get it back on the network. Of course, Jen's answer to every computer problem was re-starting the computer.

She opened and closed and opened the e-mail again when it demanded a password the first time.

Jen typed a quick e-mail.

Spoiler:

To: Blue, Nikolai BG SGC
                        CC: Mykonos, Callista CPT SGC
                        Subject: SG-5 Field Training Exercise and Biology Observations

Sir,

SG-5 has returned from our field problem and is nearly complete on recovery. Attached is the mission report and an additional observational biology report. Of particular note is an anomalously out of range female and one offspring, apparently bears. More detailed theory is at length in the biology report.

At your convenience, sir, I'd like to discuss the report with you and discuss a new member to SG-5. Second Lieutenant Gabriel Michaels, an Army officer who joined SG-5 on our mission.

V/R,

MAJ Stevens, Jennifer
                        SG-5 Commanding

Jen checked it back over for the right tone of official communication and hit the Send button.

Then she left the inbox open on the screen and went back to Minesweeper.

While playing Minesweeper, the rings in her pocket shifted. Enough for the gaudy sized diamond that Paul Stevens had thought was a good idea back when he actually loved her to jab her through the uniform trousers.

Jen dug the rings out of her pocket, studying the bands as she laid them on her desk. She knew if she kept them, she was going to break down and put them back on. And yet, with the frat regs changed by the general, there were surely people who would grandly appreciate the capability to make their relations official with Tiffany. And nobody could really call her on it if she sold them cheap as dirt. Right? Paul wasn't here to roll over in his grave.

She opened another document and started writing. 'I wonder who here would want them?'

Last edited by DragonGate; 14 June 2009, 11:37 AM. Reason: Adding rings

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Office>>

Jen was satisfied with her flyers, as she logged out of her office machine and got up. She didn't usually talk to herself, but the office was creepily quiet. "Now to post these around the public areas, surely somebody will want them. Don't mean a damn thing to me anymore."

She looked at her watch. Sighing at the time, Jen amended her thoughts. 'Tomorrow.'

<<to Quarters>>

Last edited by DragonGate; 08 July 2009, 04:58 PM. Reason: Location change

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<from Briefing Room>>
                            <<Office>>

Jen opened her door and put the doorstop in place. She unclipped her base radio and made sure she was only addressing SG-5. No repeats of what had happened before the FTX. She didn't need to entire base trying to come to her office.

"Captain Crescent, Lieutenant Hughes, Lieutenant Michaels if you're still interested, Dr. Williams if you even are interested, please report to the SG-5 office, immediately. Stevens out."

Adjusting the chairs to form a little circle off her desk, Jen sat behind it and got her thoughts and notes in order. Considered the fact that Michaels and Williams were probably not on their channel. 'I'm sure he's in the linguistics lab. I'll call there, this'll be a now or never for joining us. Maybe Michaels will be listening, he came to me in the field.'

Last edited by DragonGate; 26 September 2009, 02:02 PM. Reason: Accounting for people who wouldn't logically be on SG-5's frequency.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

A small beep on Jen's monitor's speakers announced a brief reply message by email from David Williams. **Still interested. Be there in a sec. Was busy.**

Comment

<<Office>>

Jen heard the beep, initially thinking the computer was about to crash. She did the one thing a tirelessly patient young airman had said to do when a computer wasn't working right, she restarted the computer.

While it went through the gyrations of a re-boot, she considered how to explain what they'd have to do to her team. "Hughes is not going to like playing a slave bodyguard, Crescent probably won't like being my *****. Dr. Williams can't pass for any sort of fighter, I'll have to claim he's a poet or a philosopher. How well can he tell a story orally, anyway? If Michaels shows up, he can join Hughes. Should I have Jaffa? No, a young Goa'uld is lucky to have a few humans from her queen mother. We can go as ourselves to Smyrna, get the clothes to pass undercover there."

She tapped the keyboard absently, tapping past the undecipherable "did not shut down properly or something" screen. Then she realized there was an e-mail when the program re-opened.

So he was interested. Jen opened a new blank one and started typing.

Spoiler:
                                Dr. Williams,

Got your e-mail. You may still beat the rest of the team here. How well can you re-tell the Odyssey verbally? How about the Iliad? Explain more when you get here.

MAJ Jennifer A. Stevens
                                SG-5, Commanding

PS: How's your Goa'uld and your Ancient Greek? Latin?

Jen hunted for a moment for the right button, clicked Send, was informed the email lacked a subject. She thought for a moment and put "Smyrna Mission with Follow-up to Balneum." Then she found Williams, David DR in the email directory and added him as the To. Then the program let her send it.

Last edited by DragonGate; 30 September 2009, 08:51 PM. Reason: adding the send and more computer illiteracy

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                                X