No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate sighed and shook her head. "To be honest, I don't know how much self restraint I'd have." She glanced at him and then giggled, swatting him playfully. "I don't mean Rowena, you little....." she trailed off. "Seriously, though. Be careful with her. She's still very... new to all this."
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

beta site.... his arrival.... the loneliness compounded by the seemingly forced solitude of the tunnel blasting duty... the fight with the jaffa, and walking back into the base with 12 staff weapons.... hearing about the attack on alpha site.... the rush to reinforce..... total whirlwind of preparations..... white flash..... arrival at alpha site.... the lounge... people actually talking with him.... thoughts that he might not be an outcast.... sg7... rich... jim.... good guys, men he could trust, brothers in arms.... kate.... the first REAL friend... her open acceptance of him, the weight of those kids dying lifted from his shoulders, as if her clean slate exonerated him of his self-convicted crimes.... the strengthening of that friendship.... the unfamilar warm feelings of knowing he wasn't alone.... thoughts of possibly being... happy? kate's distress... her bolting outside... rich trying to keep him from doing something dumb... the hug... the warmth of how it felt... kate being hurt... total concern... the kiss... total shock.... amazement... awe..... wondering how/why/what the heck was that.... guilt for feeling that way... shame... knowing he shouldn't but couldn't help it.... realizing it wouldn't happen, he couldn't do that to Jim..... that d**med red oatmeal.... pain... infirmary... antacids.... Kate.... those eyes... the warmth of her skin against his fingertips... the flareup of feelings he hadn't felt in years.... shouldn't be feeling.... a soft moan as he shifted "Kate....", a very contented look on his face... a soft sigh.... white flash.... back to planting the charge... setting the timer... hearing the CO tell him to get out NOW.... cutting the timer by 2 minutes due to the snafu... running like a madman to get clear... the extremely unlucky sighting of him by the sentry... the bullet entering his thigh, then exiting.... turning back... seeing someone else entering the building... 'OH GOD... NO!.... Larry tossed and turned, a cold sweat beading on his forehead.... "no... no...NO... Oh God NO!" Seeing Kate enter the building.... the vision of detonation and the complete obliteration of the building and his friend, though he felt more than that jolted Larry into consciousness as his whole body was racked by waves of sorrow pounding him, sobbing as the tears mingled with the cold sweat

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Kate couldn't ignore the sound. The moan. The name. Her name. She looked puzzled, slowly slipping her way off the bed, her brow creased in confusion, inexplicably drawn. She tentatively touched the curtain with her hand, debating whether to draw it back or stay.

The hysterical protests and sobbing sent her rushing forward, getting tangled in the fabric. She fought the offending drapes off and raced to Larry's side, cupping his face with her hands and kissing him lightly on the lips. "I'm here," she said, panic stricken.

Comment

Richard's mouth dropped open. 'Apparently she was right about the lack of self restraint. Oh crap, Jim.' "Um. Ok then." Was all he could say, as he sat there dumbfounded, no idea what to say or do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Kate couldn't ignore the sound. The moan. The name. Her name. She looked puzzled, slowly slipping her way off the bed, her brow creased in confusion, inexplicably drawn. She tentatively touched the curtain with her hand, debating whether to draw it back or stay.

The hysterical protests and sobbing sent her rushing forward, getting tangled in the fabric. She fought the offending drapes off and raced to Larry's side, cupping his face with her hands and kissing him lightly on the lips. "I'm here," she said, panic stricken.
            Larry was disoriented, almost in a panic from the sight of seeing Kate caught in the explosion... was this another vision? "Kate?" he queried... as she caressed his cheek his eyes started to clear... the kiss and the reassuring sound of her voice proved it wasn't. His tears changed to tears of joy, flowing freely as the sobbing subsided. "I... I.... I saw you die". He pulled her tight, wrapping his arms around her. "You were in the blast instead of those kids... I... I... thought I'd killed you... I couldn't live with myself if that happened....... I.... you...." His inner turmoil was almost at a fever pitch, but he was nowhere near coherent... as she caressed his cheek again, he lifted his face to hers and the passion held in check by 8 years of not entirely self-imposed solitude threatened to erupt as his lips met hers.

Comment

Kate brought a knee onto the bed to support her weight as she was crushed tightly against his body, chest to chest, thigh to thigh. His lips met hers, she pressed herself closer, her back arched into him, where she felt the extent of his desire. She gasped, allowing his tongue to tangle with hers, pleasure rippling through her body, turning her concern into something much stronger.

Comment

Larry was shocked by Kate's reaction... even more so as the electric warmth ran through his body as he began to get lost in the embrace, and the kiss... then, pulling back to look in her eyes, he was jolted again..."uh.. Kate... should we be... uh..." 'Lord knows I'd like to, but this isn't the best timing or place... and she's not really available... I can't do this to Jim or her

Comment

Steele watched the spectacle, then sharply berated them. "Major, Captain, I don't need a crime of passion in my infirmary. Now get back in your own beds." She implied, Before Colonel Anderson took a mind to go get his sidearm.
                  Last edited by DragonGate; 29 March 2006, 08:46 PM.
                  "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                  " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                  Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate punctuated his words with kisses, not listening to anything but the sound of her name rolling off his lips. As he pressed himself closer to her again, she felt her balance tip, and she was on the bed with him, the want almost painful.

Comment

Gently telling them to knock it the heck off hadn't worked, she stepped it up. She grabbed up an economy-size and empty coffee mug belonging to a nurse. Steele filled it with water from the sink and went back to the patients. She dumped the water on both of them. "Now, get back in your own beds!"

((I'm thinking those big insulated mugs with the handles.))
                      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

The cold water made Kate jump and fall back to the floor, landing ungracefully on her backside. She scrunched up her nose from the pain the blow dealt to her lower back before raising her head to see Jim.

Sh*t

Comment

'Kate's not dumb, why would she do something like this? I'm starting to understand Hermione's car crash entertainment.' "Jim, don't do anything rash now, she has a concussion." 'Well at least she can't talk down to me about Rowena now.' Richard contemplated going to help Kate up but the look on Jim's face scared the **** out of him.

Comment

Jim had been standing near the General for a short while, but had dismissed himself and just begun to walk over to Kate.

However, she had moved out the curtained-over place with a look on her face that disturbed him greatly.
                            One she had once used on him.

Jim stood there in the middle of the room for a moment; he was tracing her eyes to what she was looking towards.
                            Steele had walked past with a look of anger on it and almost bumped into Jim.

He didn't notice, he was simply standing there, in the middle of the floor rooted to the spot, his entire figure like a statue, that of which only the eyes could move.

He stared, he had traced her eyes towards Larry.
                            He knew that look, he knew what she was thinking.
                            Jims' fingers twitched, just slightly.

However, she had reached him and they were exchanging words, but almost in an instant she almost feel on top of him...Kissing.
                            Jims entire face turned blood red in an instantly, his slight twitch turned into an eruption of movement, he took a single step and stopped.

He began to count.
                            'Five...Six...Seven...' Jim continued for almost twenty five seconds and Doctor Steele was yelling at them in the meanwhile.
                            She then had thrown water on them, cold he presumed.

However, Jim hadn't noticed this, he was walking very heavily paced towards them in a blind rage.
                            The anger seethed throughout his veins, his face was stark red and his entire figure looked like he was going to hit something.

'Now I see why the General ****ing hit his hand on the damned doorway!' Jim screamed in his mind, however he wasn't moving, he was once again rooted on the spot, his was glaring at Kate and then at Larry like he was never glared before.

His eyes felt like they were going to pop this angered him so much.
                            Richard told him not to do anything rash.

Jims scowl instantly turned into a look that could have scared anyone half to death, it was a cross between a laugh, a smile, and pure rage.
                            "Rash?" Jim said sternly.

Jims' face creased heavily and he said "RASH!?"
                            Jim forced himself not to twitch, not to hit Larry.
                            Oh, how he would love to do that...

He stared at Richard and was now addressing everyone who cared.

"A concussion!? That excuse," He accented excuse to make himself understood.
                            "...Will not hold. She kept saying it was nothing, she had perfectly good conversations with everyone in here...She...."

He turned his full attention to Kate.
                            "You...You..." Jim was so tempted to say something he would regret, so tempted, yet something stopped him.
                            Jim closed his eyes for a moment and inhaled heavily.

He exhaled and opened his eyes.
                            'No, it's not a horrible nightmare. Damn.'
                            He looked towards them.

"How long has this been going on? How long have you been cheating on me with a teammate? Was it sinse you met him?!" His last few words were accented with rage again, he couldn't help himself.

He was down right pissed off!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Kate sat on the floor, looking up at Jim. She hadn't thought about him for a second, she had been so concerned about Larry and then...

She drew her knees up and rested her elbows on them, leaning her head in her hands as she stared at the ground helplessly.

No tears came from her eyes. Instead she sat there pale and shocked, horrified by what she'd done, so incredibly out of character for her. This attraction to Larry, she had no idea when it started, why it started, it was her head... it had to be the concussion. But she couldn't face losing him.

Losing Larry? If she didn't lose Larry, then she'd lose Jim. It was one or the other. She didn't even need to think which one she'd choose. This burning desire for Larry was just.... it was the concussion, she was sure of it, and if not....well, the things she'd already been through with Jim.

But she couldn't cry. She couldn't find it within her to cry. Somehow tears didn't do the situation justice. She was a wreck, an absolute wreck. No wonder she was known as the base floozy.

Desperately she looked up to Jim, terrified of what she might find on his face.

Comment

Jim looked at Larry, his face seething with anger.
                                The look of anger playing across his face like a well tuned piano.

He glared at him, he didn't say anything however, his anger was beginning to mix with other emotions, and his mind was beginning to tell him some sense.
                                Trying to work it out.

He paused for a moment, he had closed his eyes again, he was still standing in that same place, he had raised hi hands to his face, covering it wholly and was now rubbing his temple, trying to make his anger at minimal die down so he could think strait.

He opened them again after several moments, they were now focused on Kate, and she seemed to be looking up at him.
                                He had managed to get rid of parts of his anger, the strongest parts were still there.

Jim looked at her solemnly and said "How could you...How could you cheat on me for so long? Does what we've been through mean nothing to you? I thought...I thought were we somethin' Kate. I really did."

He tried to play a look of anger across on his face again, but he ended up looking hurt, betrayed.
                                His entire posture had changed, he no longer looked like he was going to explode, but he felt like he was going to collapse.

The sudden burst of anger had taken a bit out of Jim, and it seemed to have transferred into the look that was on his face now.
                                Of betrayal.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X