No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick lifted an eyebrow at her. "Like I punched a wall," he shook his head and gave Kate a little smile, "In the spirit of your question, I hurt. But, not as bad as I thought I would."
    He glanced around, "Popular place. Are they giving something away?"
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

"Just my fan club," smiled Kate. "It's a restricted guest list, so Hutchinson blagged his way in via breakfast." She winced. " And you missed our youngest team member." She sighed and pulled her knees up to her chest. "Looks like you're stuck with me and Grotbags over there."

((sorry, couldn't resist the reference to a British show with a green coloured witch))
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Nick covered his eyes with his left arm. "Do I want to ask? Do I really want to know."
        "You're going to find out sooner or later, sir." Cal came back to sit in the chair next to Blue and tapped his elbow with the control to raise the bed.
        "Thanks," he took the control and lifted his head enough to comfortably see everyone. "OK. I'm ready. Shoot."
        sigpic

Comment

"Well, that's one way to solve your problems, I suppose," smiled Kate at his instruction to 'shoot'. She hugged her knees and paused for a minute, wondering how to phrase it.

"Well, I think she's finally got the message; all things in moderation. She came in hysterical because she got the idea that Dobson thought of her as a baby machine, blamed her for everything and was using her as a rebound toy. I explained that he probably just felt cornered, told her about one of my exes who nearly got maimed by my mother," she paused and sighed.

"Dr Steele gave her something to help her sleep and I sent her to my quarters for some good rest, Sir. My reckoning is that she was totally drained and exhausted. The poor mite is way out of her depth and seems to be worried about getting a reputation as they base floozy." Kate glanced at Cal and shrugged. "Seems like it's an SG7 character trait," she tried to joke, though feeling rotten to the core.

She looked back at Blue. "But it's not Dobson's fault either, Sir," she said quickly. "He's been through a lot, and I really want to talk to him. I'm worried, Sir. But Doctor Steele won't let me out of this damned infirmary."

Comment

Nick winced at the memory of the last time he told someone to 'shoot'.
            "Sorry, Major," he shook his head, "I'm in no position to overrule the Doctor. We're both stuck here until she cuts us free."
            sigpic

Comment

Kate looked decidedly uncomfortable at the group of people she had around her. Thank God Jen was there. Having both Jim and Blue in the same room as her didn't bode well and now adding Larry to the mix.....

"Ok, if you can't persuade her to let me out, any chance you can talk her into relaxing the guest list a little?" asked Kate. "I mean, the person she was trying to ban is here anyway." She clapped her hand over her mouth. She really shouldn't have said that. Now they were all going to ask questions, and Jim was there, stood behind her. She stared at Blue with wide eyes.

Comment

Jen looked up. The general was awake. "Hopefully, the doctor will release all of you soon. I have to go . . . see if my team's made any progress. It's been nice talking to you, Kate; I hope your hand heals up fine, General, sir." Jen headed out, planning to find somewhere to be alone. Too many people. This situation had the potential to get hairy, and the smart strategy was to run, she'd come back to see her friend when there weren't so many conflicting presences.

((to Quarters))
                "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Wh . . " he stopped and shook his head, "Nevermind."
                  "Nope," he reiterated, "I don't interfere in the Doctor's business. Much. Unless I have to." To get myself out of here quicker.
                  sigpic

Comment

Kate flashed a nervous glance at Jen, who was leaving and grasped her hand. She quickly let it fall, knowing that the woman clearly wanted out before things got messy. Wise decision. She looked gratefully at Blue and mouthed 'thank you'. "I suppose you've got the right idea there, Sir," she said aloud.

Comment

Nick gave her a lop-sided grin and a wink. "Never antagonize a doctor. They have ways of making you pay."
                      He glanced at Cal and Kate, "So, did anything else exciting happen while I was out?"
                      "I cancelled your appointments, that's all I know," Cal answered, looking to Kate for more info.
                      sigpic

Comment

Kate smiled a big wide grin, her eyes lighting up. She was so relieved that the commander was joking with her again and not blaming her for everything that had gone wrong. "Well," she quipped, her head bobbing excitedly, " I split up with Jim, took up with Stevens and discovered that I'm pregnant with Dobson's love child, rabid purple pigs stormed the base and Swanson set fire to the commissary." She paused. "Not funny, was it?"

Comment

NIck sighed, "OY! The most unbelievable thing is Swanson setting fire to the Mess. He's much too careful."
                          He looked over at Hutchinson, "At least with fire. Native foods may need to be tested a . . . tad . . . better before serving."
                          Last edited by Gen Blue; 28 March 2006, 06:04 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Ah, now me micht be charmin' an bonny like, but thon Jen's not for thon craic," laughed Kate. She stopped and looked up, wiping away the the tears of laughter. "Come on," she giggled, "Give Jen some credit, at least!"

((Just realised a translation might be required: I might be charming and beautiful, but that Jen's not up for stuff like that.... roughly translated. It's kinda Belfast dialect, where Kate grew up. She's messing about a bit))

Comment

"OK," Nick agreed, "Major Stevens is too level headed to fall for your blarney." He started shifting uncomfortably. "Is Steele or Aaronson around? I need to get . . . out of bed soon."

(( OOC - busy day tomorrow. I've got to hit the sack so I can get up - earlier. *blech* TTFN ))
                              sigpic

Comment

((bye bye, sleep well))

Kate shrugged. "Haven't seen them in a few," she said. "Fancy breaking out together?" she asked hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X