No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BASE INTERCOM: 'All teams to gateroom.' Blue announced. 'Team COs to control room for mission briefing.'

Comment

((OOC: When i was captured on the previouse Beta sight mission i was tortured for hours using assorted goauld torture devices. When the tokra assisted in healing me he triggered a failsafe virus the goauld had fed into my blood stream in case someone tryed to help me. The goauld were aware of tokra on their base so that was a precaution they took. I'll leave it up to you to work out how to fix it, but please hurry i don't want to be out of action for too long and miss out on all the missions............))

Alexis Darcy Winters was dreaming:

He was back on earth and all around him life was normal. People went to their everyday jobs in their everyday cars for an everyday wage. People in general were happy. He walked down the mainstreet of his small hometown and reconised a few old freinds here and there which he greeted with a smile and a nod. He realised he was walking towards his parents old house tucked away just outside of the small town. He strolled at a leisurely rate taking in the vast deep blue ocean to the west, the rolling sand-dunes to the north and south and the strange flattop hills to the east. Everything was as he remembered it and he marvelled at its beauty. He walked slowly up the path to his parents house and onto the veranda.
      "Mum! Dad! I'm home!" he shouted as he racked his knukles on the front door.
      "Mum! Dad! Let me in!"
      The door opened and out stepped stepped his parents all smiles to see him. He embraced his mother lovingly then put out his hand for his father to shake.
      his father looked down at his hand and shook it with a firm grip. A very strong painful grip. Something was wrong..........
      His father grip tightened even more making him wince in pain.
      "Dad........."
      His fathers eyes suddenly flashed and he said in a heavy deepset voice,
      "Kneel to you God!"
      Crushing his hand his father forced him onto his knees.
      "No!......why?.......what have you done?!?!" He half sobbed half shouted at his parents standing over him with, eyes ablaze..........

He awake with a scream, starteling the Major and nurses tending to him. He was covered and sweet and running a high fever.....he looked franticly around eyes wide. He was confused and shocked and couldn't get his thoughts together to work out what was happening. He thrasheed around on the bed like he was in his death throws and then............he was still........Eyes staring towards the ceiling as he went back under.............
      child_of_the_gods:
      Character Name: Alexis Winters
      Position: SG7 team member

My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Comment

Jim and the guard at the door held Alex down. The guard had run over to assist.

A nurse brang over a needle full of tranquiliser (sedating stuff...?) and put in in him, Alex whent back to sleep. When Alex was asleep again Jim told the guard to go back to his post. ((OOC:Out side the door..))
        "We'll keep him sedated until we know what's fully wrong with him..." the nurse told Jim. Jim had realised this was a much worse situation than he had first thought.

Jim sat eagerly at the edge of his seat waiting for the Doctor to tell him what was wrong with Alex.

Jim then heard the announcement over the PA "All teams to gateroom, team COs to control room for mission briefing." Ah, crap what now... Jim got up and reluctantly left Alex' side and headed for the control room.

<<Leaves Infirmary>>
        Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 15 September 2005, 10:58 PM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Dr. Black walked into the infirmary for the second time today, he looked for Dr. Attington, he desperately needed to talk to him. Looking around he saw the Lieutenant from earlier, he walked over to her and checked her vitals. He saw nothing to worry about, but of course he wasn't a doctor, he was really a professor. Oh well, circumstance had forced him here, he couldn't really decide whether he would have prefered to have been on Earth with his friends and family or be here. Beneath him on the bed, the lieutenant stirred, "Hello Lt, how are you doing today?"
          The Lt. groaned in pain, "I'll be okay."
          "Get some rest Lt, i'll speak to the Dr and see when you can be released."
          Zach walked over to where Dr. Attington was with a thrashing patient
          "Not now man, come back later"
          obviously busy yet again, well a doctor's work is never done! thought Zach, walking back over to the Lt. "he'll be a while soldier, so hang in there for another 5 minutes"
          The Lt. smiled at Zach, "So what's your name? you a doctor or something?" she asked.
          Zach replied "My name is Zachary Black and yes i'm a doctor, but not a medical doctor."
          "You're English" she exclaimed
          "That's right, i'm English" he replied " So, what's your name?"
          "Claire Davis"
          The conversation continued.........

Comment

Alexis stired in his cot, strange dreams rippping his mind and soul asunder.

He was walking in the his old barracks back in Australia. Privates mulled around in small groups chatting, laughing and generally passing time. Alexis walked into the office of his freind, mentor and CO Major Dwyane Dibbly*, reporting for an off duty training exercise.
            "Come in have a seat.............." he said as his eyes lit up like suns.
            Alexis screamed.................

The company near his cot again had to hold down Winters as he went into another fit.

*((OOC: Anyone reconize where i go the name from?))
            child_of_the_gods:

Comment

((ooc:cat's uncool versin of himself!! I love Red Dwarf. Lol, nice name ))

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

((OOC: Damn straight, one of the funniest english comedies around.

RIMMER: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid it makes perfect sense, Dwane!! Imagine
                a guy with no `elan, no style -- a misfit. Doesn't it just make total
                sense that this hapless creature would give his buck teeth to play
                someone like the the Cat in a computer game?
                CAT: So this is really me?! A no-style gimbo, with teeth the druids
                could use as a place of worship?!

Hilarious ))
                child_of_the_gods:

Comment

Under the effects of the sedatives Cp. Winters had once again calmed down.

A Tokra walked swiftly into the infirmary carrying a device similar to the Za'tarc Detector ((OOC: Season 4, Ep 5: Devide and Conquer, Za'tarc Detector)). (The device has assorted extra buttons and a small vail attatched to one side).

"I will cure this dark illness from this worthy member of the Tau'ri", she stated in her deep monotone voice,
                  "We have encountered these aillments before in some of our previousely rescued oppratives".
                  "we have developed a modified version of the Za'tarc Detector to detect and withdraw the virus from victims" she said, "although the procedure is not entirely painless 65% of patients have survived".
                  She set the device on the end of the bed and moved the assorted nurses and personelle away from Winters.
                  His eyes lolled open for a second as the device focused in on his eyes. His eyelids shot all the way open as the device initiated. Winter sceamed as the extreme light scoured through his brain, dragging the virus molecule by molecule from his body. Small glowing red lights were gradually being drawn through his pupil and along the blue light of the Detector and were acuumulating at a rapid rate in the bottom of the small vail. All around people held their breaths as Alexis's scream ended and his body sagged into unconciouseness. The Tok'ra lent forward and felt the Captains neck checking his pulse. It was there but very faintly.

"He is alive and cured," the Tokra announced packing up her machine and heading for the door. "Give him a few days rest and he will once again function properly." she said as she left the infirmary. "May the Tauri never forget the help that the Tokra offer so freely......."

Everyone was still dumbfounded. Even Dr. Attington who would never authorise such brutal healing was speachless ((OOC: And absent.......)).

There was a groan from the bed as Alexis Winters awoke and dragged himself from the cot onto his unstable legs. He waved away all the nurses and people trying to help him. He staggered out of the infirmary. Everybody was still shocked and confused about what the hell had just happened. All alexis could remember was the dream he had just before he awoke............ and now there was one thing he wanted...............REVENGE.

(Armoury)
                  child_of_the_gods:

Comment

((meh...and here I was about to come up with a really cool way to heal you Yeah...I'm not on everyday, can you blame me? I have three books to read and five pages of fiction to write for this week ))

Cole had been moderatelly POed when the Tok'ra had bounced back into his infirmary and in less time than it takes to say "Stargate" healed his patient. Especially since she had made it clear she thought the Tau'ri should be grateful...grateful enough to do a favor for them, but what?

He rushed after her, "Excuse me, as you see, our medical sciences aren't anywhere nearly as advanced as yours. I was hoping you'd be so generous as to let us borrow the machine? I'm sure I can learn to use it quickly," he hated having to ask the Tok'ra for 'charity' and considering the use of that machine which was barbaric in many ways. But their stocks would last forever and they couldn't afford to keep people in the Infirmary as long as they normally would and this machine could solve both problems.

"I'm afraid I don't see how that might be possible, however, I will discuss your request with the Council. I'm sure you understand that such a thing would come at at price," she said in her odd, alien voice. He nodded and even shook her hand.

"I wouldn't have expected anything less," he mumbled as she departed. He turned around to see that Captain Winters had once again departed without his blessing. He sighed, shook his head and consoled himself that at least the patient was feeling better. And in his profession that really was all that mattered.
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

((OOC: Sorry Chris that I rushed the whole curing thing , I was just edgy to try and get on the next SG7 mission. If you want I will edit my post to let you cure me any way you like just as long as i'm still able to get up and get to the control room. PM me if you want to change it and i will. cheers))
                      child_of_the_gods:

Comment

((It's ok Leave it as is. However, a piece of advice: If you don't want to spend time in the Infirmary, don't get hurt in the first place You can't make every mission every time and sometimes, it's much better for your character to not be in the mission. Character developpement comes in many shapes ))
                        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Major Kaz Johnson allowed the medic to lead her to a trolley, taking her into the brightly lit infirmary. Kaz looked around, noticing that there were a few occupied beds, the nursing staff attending to their jobs.
                          Kaz watched as they went about their duties, oblivious to her and the despair she was feeling. But then, they would have all felt the same, just that they had had more time to take it in, more time to think about what it meant.
                          Kaz swung her legs round, leaning back, winching in pain as she allowed her body to relax against the trolley under her..
                          Last edited by Kazzy J; 21 September 2005, 09:47 AM.
                          Major Kaz Johnson Royal Marines. SG 6 CO GW RP

Atlantis based RPG...Take a look
                          http://tauruscolony.vf11.com/tauruscolony.html

Comment

Sarah followed the trolley into the Infirmary, keeping her eye on the patient it held. She knew the pain she must be feeling, they all did.
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Kaz watched the Lieutenant follow her. Her eyes watching the trolley.
                              Once she was settled, waiting for the doc to come she looked at her,
                              'Hi.' Kaz said, smiling at her.
                              Major Kaz Johnson Royal Marines. SG 6 CO GW RP

Atlantis based RPG...Take a look
                              http://tauruscolony.vf11.com/tauruscolony.html

Comment

"Hi." Sarah said raising her hand and waving it a bit. "Im Lt. Whitely."
                                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X