• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
    <Sub Level - 6, Guest Quarters>

{Thor, Airman Dandon Lonovan}

Thor didn't respond to Laport right away, but rather worked for another minute.

"Nice to meet you Captain Laport. I am glad to hear Colonel Marshall is going about his duty well."
    Thor stepped from behind his machine and approached the Captain.

"You are correct. They seem to pose no more threat to me than to you. Furthermore, they seem to be much more attracted to your inefficient electrical systems than my own machine."

"From what I can conclude, Captain, the creatures somehow rely on this electricity in order to phase shift. In what fashion it is unclear. Additionally, I am unable to tell whether the electricity is used directly in the phase shifting process."

Thor stared up at the creature.

"If you do not already have a suitable form of action, I will begin to form a plan. I feel that we may be able to use your newly installed shield to compress them into a given area - where your weapons may prove useful. There will have to be serious considerations given to not damaging your electrical equipment, however."

Thor turned to the creature.

"I will look into it."

{Captain Joseph Laport}

"Thank you. Please excuse me for a moment. I need to report that you are doing alright." Joseph nods to Thor and then he walks to the door. He stops next to Airman Lonovan. "Airman, I will be gone for a moment. Try to not to put a gun in my face when I come back in."

Joseph smiles kindly to show that he is not to angry at Lonovan, but he was serious about the suggestion. Joseph enters the hallway and then, he closes the door. He pulls his radio off of his belt and he puts it towards his mouth. *Radio* Lt. Col. Marshall, this is Captain Laport. Reporting in.*Radio*

(Sorry for the delay. I thought I submitted a reply to stuff here. But apparently I messed something up. So here it is now. I will post for Markus tomorrow. I need to sleep.)
    Last edited by Re1ndeer; 12 November 2010, 01:06 AM.
    Aftermath RP
    Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
    Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
    SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
    Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by clauz89 View Post
      <outside Silvia's quarters>
      {Dr Silvia DeLucia}
      Silvia put her trusty zat into its holster, grabbed her lab pass, and nodded to the sergeant.
      "What do you mean? Do you wanna fight those creature without seeing them??" she thought.
      "T.E.R., Transphase Eradication Rod, detects and makes visible any object cloaked or out of phase from our perception plan, then fires a plasma blast to eliminate it. Furbies can shift from our plan to 180 degrees from us, so that they look invisible to our eyes, if we aren't properly equipped." She hoped her explanation was clear enough for him.
      "To sublevel 2 then, shall we go?"
      While leaving she added "Furthermore, we will be helping scanning team to detect those things; another reason to go there"

<from Silvia's quarters to Science Lab>
      <from sublevel 7 to sublevel 2>

<Outside Silvia's quarters>

{Staff Sergeant Lyall Benedict}

Rubbing the back of his neck, Lyall gave the scientist a sheepish grin.
      "I knew about the invisibility, just not about the guns." He gave a nod and started to walk towards the stairwell with her, figuring he may as well explain. He wouldn't want her to think he was an idiot. Atleast not a complete one.
      COLOR="royalblue"]"With the last team I was a permanent member of, the doc there had the habit of giving everything weird nicknames. So I'm kind of used to the T.E.R. being called a Visibility Ray gun."[/COLOR] He couldn't help but chuckle at the memory of his former team, a pang of grief in his gut giving him reminder that they'd all been on Earth when it all went to Hell.

"I guess that makes sense, giving those guys a helping hand. The more people helping, the quicker we can get rid of these things." With a grin, he opened the stairwell door for her.

<From quarters to Science Labs>
      │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
      .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
      Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
        < Bonnie’s Quarters >

{Airman Bonnie Heckman}

Memories of happy days in South Carolina flooded Bonnie's mind for a brief moment, dances, white dresses and young boys doing their best as southern gentlemen, she couldn't resist herself and curtsied and with her proudest southern belle accent thanked him. "Why thank you sir!" She then picked up her side arm, loaded the clip, safety on and holstered it. Taking another stick of gum herself, she broke it in half and chewed happily, slipping the other half back into the pack. Bonnie needed another band for her long hair, she had plenty in her drawer. A red one for today. Now tied back safely, she then looped her arm into Sam's. "Shall we?" This day was going to be a good one, she felt so much better now, at least she felt there was at least one person on the base she could count on.

< Bonnie’s Quarters >

Sam watched her getting ready to leave, it was an odd but at the same time interesting mix; seeing a her tie up her hair and study the result in a mirror like any woman would do and then one second later, grab a weapon and getting it ready for use...
        He gently brushed off a furbie from one of her shoulders, then held out his right arm for her to take and walked out of the room towards the stairs, replying in the same manor “I’m at your service Madame.”

NPC – Sam Walker, RN

>> to Security office >>

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

< Bonnie’s Quarters >

{Airman Bonnie Heckman}

She closed the door gently this time, her mood bouyed just by the mere prescence of company. That was after all, the thing she missed the most. Once on their way, it was duty first, though she didn't remove her arm from Sam's as they headed for the stairwell. "You know what Sam, when this is over I'd really like to go into Foreston and have dinner. I have my two day turn around soon what do you think?"

>>Hallways, Stairs, Elevators and other sneaky exits>>

Comment

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Re1ndeer View Post

{Captain Joseph Laport}

"Thank you. Please excuse me for a moment. I need to report that you are doing alright." Joseph nods to Thor and then he walks to the door. He stops next to Airman Lonovan. "Airman, I will be gone for a moment. Try to not to put a gun in my face when I come back in."

Joseph smiles kindly to show that he is not to angry at Lonovan, but he was serious about the suggestion. Joseph enters the hallway and then, he closes the door. He pulls his radio off of his belt and he puts it towards his mouth. *Radio* Lt. Col. Marshall, this is Captain Laport. Reporting in.*Radio*

(Sorry for the delay. I thought I submitted a reply to stuff here. But apparently I messed something up. So here it is now. I will post for Markus tomorrow. I need to sleep.)

*Radio* "Talk to me, Joseph." *Radio*

sigpic
            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<Hallway outside Thor's Quarters>
              {Captain Joseph Laport}
              *Radio*Well, Thor is doing fine. The Creatures effect him as much as it does us. But, the interesting part is that he has one creature captured in a shield. Also, he is nice enough to think up a plan for us. He was thinking maybe we can use the newly installed base shield to put them in one spot, and then we will have a better time with dealing with them.*Radio*
              Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
              Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Sleep ~ Finally!

Looking about the room as the adrenaline rush of doing the stairs kicked in. The wonders of endorphins. Her mind was edging back towards the absurd arrogance of the head of security. "No, no ... not going back there. It is done. Behind us. Enough."

There was a clothes trail as she made her way to the bathroom. Diligently scrubbing her face, teeth. Wandering back to the small sterile bed against the wall. With a small flip of her fingers on the hooks the final garment dropped and hit the floor. Emma slipped her disrobed self between the sheets. The cool feel of the sheets against her flesh turned warm with the transfer of heat. Adjusting her curls off of the back of her neck. Rolling on her back and staring at the ceiling. She should be out like a light, exhaustion should be winning. I really need to find a decent comforter somewhere. That is if I am here long enough to be worth it. No even a couple of days would be worth it.

Emma had to settle the racing brain. The warmth of her father’s eyes. The nagging of Marshall’s scowl. The alarms had at least stopped. Her gut wrenched at her to run to be involved. You don’t have a team. A CO, okay well Blue. No, not going there. She was certainly the last person he would want in his face at the moment. He would just be inquiring as to if she had found that team yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Then the deep dark pools of the General’s eyes. O’Neill had been one of the few people in the military that had actually invited her in. Encouraged her to be herself. To search, to question, stay out of the box. There was always the suspicion that daddy had had a chat with him. Never confirmed. Now it could never be. Not that Blue didn’t seem to have some sort of charm about him. But, O’Neill, drop dead gorgeous, even if he was almost twice her age. Something genuine about him. Not that Blue wasn’t a good looking man. I am sure there are women out there that find him ... well. But, O’Neill … Emma jerked slightly in her bed and her eyes blinked once, twice … again. Shaking herself off. There was the Colonel’s face. That sly grin, the twinkle in those eyes. Sharp. Quit it Emma.

Flirting with the likes of The Doc and The Smile. They were safe. Doc was just a … well she had thought he was going to be … a friend. Travis, Travis was just as bad a flirt as she was. He was fun competition, entertainment, a distracting challenge. She teehee’d. Oh and then Timmo. He was easy. Way too easy. Emma kept running it all through her brain. She needed to stay awake. Just in case things escalated. It was just hard to be alone. She had never been good at alone. She had never had to deal with alone. No family, no friends, not even any serious acquaintances. Why had she left the Tok'ra. At least there she had friends. People who cared. To care about. She was again second guessing herself.

Somewhere in the angst of her pity party she had drifted from conscious to twilight. The nightmares of reality to those of dreamland. The eyes became evil, Ba’al’s. The terrors that haunted her sleep returned.

teehee!!
                Last edited by aintright; 14 November 2010, 03:22 PM.
                sigpic
                SCORE!!
                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

<Guest Quarters - Laport's Radio>

*Radio* "Alright, well, that's good. Stay down there and assist Thor. We're in the middle of following through with a plan right now, but tell Thor that it would be extremely beneficial to have a working Plan B ready to implement." *Radio*

sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

<Guest Quarters>
                    {Captain Joseph Laport}

*Radio* Understood, I will check in when Thor gets his plan completed. *Radio*

Then, Joseph reentered the Guest Quarters quietly and he began to watch Thor work.
                    Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                    Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

<Quarters - Robert Duncan>

Robert awoke with a start, memories of his tour in Afghanistan causing painful memories most nights. He sat up slowly, massaging his left shoulder lightly, teeth grinding against the pain. He closed his eyes once more, the images of his dream becoming less and less clear in his mind. That was a chapter in your life you do not need to think of anymore. It has been over for a long time. The images continued to fade, the pain in his shoulder easing along with them.

He stood up, donning his uniform and remembering what he had decided the night prior, after hearing of his old friend from flight school, a then Lt. Lu Ban, and deciding to pay her a visit.

He exited his quarters, closing the door behind him, and depositing his keycard into his pocket, making his way around the floors until he found her quarters. He knocked lightly three times before announcing himself.

"Capt. Lu Ban, are you in there?

Comment

Surprise!

Finally moving from nightmares to actual sleep. Emma tossed, turned and then sat up in her bed. "Crap!" What the heck is that banging noise? Part of her dream? Then she heard a voice. "Now what?" Whoever was awaking her from finally sleeping better have a good story. She fumbled around feeling for something to wear. In the state of complete grogginess, twisted in the sheets, she rolled off of the edge of the bed. Hitting the floor with a thud, "dangnamit!" She tossled the curls out her face. "Yeah, yeah, I am coming. One minute. This better be good. We better be being invaded or something" Pulling on a pair of running shorts and her sweatshirt. Running her fingers through her hair as she slowly made her way from the floor to the door. Cracking it open and making a scrunch of a face as the brightness of the hall light penetrated her eyelids.

"What do you want. This better be good!" Still not in focus or even aware of who was waiting outside her door. As her vision began to clear a purple blur zoomed by and disappeared. Am I hallucinating? Is this still a dream? What the heck? Emma titled her chin up as she cocked her head sideways and allowed her eyes to converge on the face before her.

teehee!!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by aintright View Post
                          Surprise!

Finally moving from nightmares to actual sleep. Emma tossed, turned and then sat up in her bed. "Crap!" What the heck is that banging noise? Part of her dream? Then she heard a voice. "Now what?" Whoever was awaking her from finally sleeping better have a good story. She fumbled around feeling for something to wear. In the state of complete grogginess, twisted in the sheets, she rolled off of the edge of the bed. Hitting the floor with a thud, "dangnamit!" She tossled the curls out her face. "Yeah, yeah, I am coming. One minute. This better be good. We better be being invaded or something" Pulling on a pair of running shorts and her sweatshirt. Running her fingers through her hair as she slowly made her way from the floor to the door. Cracking it open and making a scrunch of a face as the brightness of the hall light penetrated her eyelids.

"What do you want. This better be good!" Still not in focus or even aware of who was waiting outside her door. As her vision began to clear a purple blur zoomed by and disappeared. Am I hallucinating? Is this still a dream? What the heck? Emma titled her chin up as she cocked her head sideways and allowed her eyes to converge on the face before her.

teehee!!

Robert tried unsuccessful to suppress a smile at the sight of his old friend in her half asleep daze. The grin twitching at the edges of his lips already after hearing the commotion from behind the door.

"My my, Don't you look awake this morning" He joked lightly completely unable to hide the huge grin on his face. "It seems like forever since I've seen you!"

Robert stood there in shock, after the destruction of earth, figuring that every single person he had really known was gone, seeing Emma here made his heart soar. Having kept mostly to himself in the months since the destruction, he could no longer contain his excitement and burst out laughing in joy. Reaching out and pushing the door open with one arm he wrapped his arms around Emma, tears starting to form at the corners of his eyes.

Comment

Surprise!

That voice, with a rub of the eyes. NO WAY! Rubbing her eyes once again, looking, still not convinced. The grin matched, the glint of the eyes. No, no, don't let yourself get too excited here. It is just a dream. But, the laughter. While still trying to sort it out in her head. She found herself lost in his grips. Inhaling his wonderous scent, "Bobby? Please tell me this is real? You aren't just a dream." The words were almost a whisper through a raspy, choking voice. "Bobby, where have you been hiding from me?" Her cheeks were warm with tears that flowed uncontrollably.

Slipping from his grip as she wiped the wet off of her cheek. Reaching both hands up to give a shove to his chest, "You have been hiding from me!" She scolded. There was fire in the greens that peeked from between the wet lashes. The attempt to hold a scowl was quickly overcome by the grin that fought to replace it. Throwing her arms about his neck, "Bobby, oh my, GOD does love me." She clenched to the poor man before her. Not sure whether to squeeze him to death, step back and gaze once more to make sure he was real or to jump up and down. She trembled unable to contain her excitement.

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by aintright View Post
                              Surprise!

That voice, with a rub of the eyes. NO WAY! Rubbing her eyes once again, looking, still not convinced. The grin matched, the glint of the eyes. No, no, don't let yourself get too excited here. It is just a dream. But, the laughter. While still trying to sort it out in her head. She found herself lost in his grips. Inhaling his wonderous scent, "Bobby? Please tell me this is real? You aren't just a dream." The words were almost a whisper through a raspy, choking voice. "Bobby, where have you been hiding from me?" Her cheeks were warm with tears that flowed uncontrollably.

Slipping from his grip as she wiped the wet off of her cheek. Reaching both hands up to give a shove to his chest, "You have been hiding from me!" She scolded. There was fire in the greens that peeked from between the wet lashes. The attempt to hold a scowl was quickly overcome by the grin that fought to replace it. Throwing her arms about his neck, "Bobby, oh my, GOD does love me." She clenched to the poor man before her. Not sure whether to squeeze him to death, step back and gaze once more to make sure he was real or to jump up and down. She trembled unable to contain her excitement.

teehee!!

Robert enveloped himself in her grips, squeezing tightly and lifting her off the ground, a soft tear flowing freely and unchecked down his face.

"I'm sorry, you're right, I have been hiding, but not just from you, from everyone. I couldn't handle it." He spoke softly into the curls of her hair, breathing in the smell of something familiar. "I heard you were here, but I was afraid to come by, afraid to be let down that it wasn't really you."

Robert eased her back down to the ground, loosening his grip on Emma. Pulling slightly away from her to look down on her again, the smile back on his face.

"I just..."He paused, his voice choking in his throat "I just cant believe it

Comment

Surprise!

She giggled out loud followed by a squeal as he whirled her through the air. Leaning into his chest as she felt the subtle hint of his breath as he spoke. The closest thing she had ever had to a big brother had just waltzed back into her life. Returning the cheesy smile Emma reached up gently brushed away the solitary tear. "Have you gone soft on me? Look at us what a wet mess we are." With a roll of her eyes the tone turned sarcastic, "Huh, tough military types eh?"

She started to laugh again. Grabbing his hand she drug him back into the disaster area that was her room. "Come, make yourself comfy, tell me everything. Don't you dare leave out a single detail out." Her eyes flashed, "The blond? The one who supposedly stole your heart?" She kicked a path through the room. Shrugging at the usual array in her presence and gave one of her best flirty smiles. Turning on her best southern accent, "Precisely what you deserved sir. I mean, the nerve, cheating on lil ole me." She batted her eyelashes. Putting the bedding that had followed her to the floor back in its place. There was a quick make shift making of the bed. Grabbing the only pillow, giving it a good fluff, tossing it against the wall, giving the mattress a pat to let him know this would be where he would be spending the next bunch of hours as they played catch up.

It suddenly hit her what a state she was in. "Sit, sit, give me a moment." Running into the bathroom, toothpaste on a finger and a quick wipe of the teeth, a fluff of the hair, a pinch or two of the cheeks, a little cream under the eyes to erase the traces of leftover mascara and a freshen of just that. LuBan almost put on the usual gloss but a flash of memory, "Why do you wear that suff Emm?" He always called her Emm. She loved when he called her Emm. Looking at the reflection in the mirror, pleased. Not that it really mattered to Bobby. He had always seen the deep down her. Never impressed with the surface stuff. To him she had always been far more than boobs and curls. "Family."

"So Bobby baby, talk ... cough it up big boy." Picking up the sweatshirt off of the floor she pulled it over the tank and shorts. Found a pair of socks and hopped onto the bed. She couldn't help but oggle him. So much more blessed than most. Emma Grace LuBan still actually had her version of family. It was the committee of the Cheshire cats.

teehee!!
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X