Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<Doc's Quarters

The banging that had started softly on what she hoped was the doc’s door was now a little louder. The time in the shower and on the elliptical had rejuvenated her physically. LuBan’s mind on the other hand was mentally drained. Where was the man? It was one of three things, A, not his door (if not, hopefully the poor individual it belonged to and their neighbors were all out), B, he was really a sound sleeper (a small grin crossed her face on that thought), C, Doc was actually up and doing something physical, “Lord forbid.”

He was bucking for a place on Travis’ team. Travis with a team? “Good grief.” Her head was shaking at that thought. Stopping the beating to make a time check with the clock on the wall. Okay, so she had time to return to quarters, take in a full REM cycle and check back with the man before meeting with the General at 1000. She needed some sleep. Blue was a swift one. He was also reinforced with Janus. She would need her wits about her. The only glimmer was that it was a busy morning. Maybe it would be a quickie. “Yah, no!”

Looking around for something to write with or on. Emma pulled out her gloss and left a note glossed onto his door.

Read Your Email Doc!!

M!

It was all she could do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<<Zach Black's Quarters>>

Heading down the hall there was a muffled groan. Finding a cracked door Emma inquired, “Are you alright in there? Do you need assistance?”

Awaiting a response, at first there was nothing. Then it started again. Slowly pushing it open she made her way in. Before her lay a heap of discombobulated male in boxers, albeit a fine looking, well built male in boxers. Still he was rather twisted and contorted. “Fall out of bed did we?” came out with a cocky lilt and a muffled laugh.

Zach raised his eyes to find a beautiful blond grinning before him. “Dreaming, must still be dreaming.” A pang of guilt hit his gut. Not dreaming of Claire.

“Excuse me?” She couldn’t help but notice the video of the attractive, laughing female playing on his monitor. “Is that your girlfriend?”

“Then you must be an angel” He smirked and again attempted to get up. Instead Black returned to the pillow with a groan. "Or at least brand new on base, I mean, I would have noticed."

“No wings I am afraid.” There was a small pout as she thought of how that last statement could be meant literally. “Yes new. You seem to be in a bit of a pickle. How about a little help?” She was fighting a laugh as she moved forward and knelt next to him.

Without much forethought, “You have lovely green eyes.” He blushed sheepishly at his outburst. He was on the second zat from Davis already.

Fiddling with locating the buckle on the harness, “You know these things do come off so you can sleep.” Emma was having a hard time deciphering the twisted mess. "Ah here we go.”

“Yah, um, long story.” He tried to fight a grimace as she maneuvered about. She really smelled wonderful, the scent of freshly showered. He inhaled deeply.

Rolling her eyes at him as he did. Men in the morning! “The name is Emma, Emma Grace LuBan. Do you have a name?” Pleased that she had seemed to have solved the puzzle.

“It’s Zach, just Zach.” He was back to the broad grin.

“Okay just Zach, if I let you go here do you promise to behave.” Her grin was matching his.

“Promise. Cross my heart.” He started to make the motion, instead he realized he was too tangled to do so. “Okay, would if I could, but.” His scrunched face replaced a shrug.

“Uh huh, sure. A true gentleman.” Letting go of the ends as she rearranged the sling to how it was supposed to work. “You still didn’t answer. Is that your lady?”

Zachary twisted his face slightly at his behavior. “I had hoped, then I thought, now not so sure.” He brought himself to a sitting up position. He moaned slightly as he was overtaken with an attack of the pins and needles. “Ohhhhhh.” Continuing to adjust himself in an attempt to find a comfortable position.

“Well, I say she looks and sounds wonderful. She is obviously smitten with whoever was behind that camera.” She sat back on her heels and watched to see if the man before her was okay. When it was apparent that he was she rose to her feet. “It was nice to meet you Just Zach. You take care of yourself now, and even better care of her.” With that she turned and exited. She had a date with a certain pillow.

“Hey, wait, thanks. Thank you Emma,” hollered Zach as he watched her back fade in the doorway. “Thank you and I will.” Leaning back against the bed he watched the images of Claire zoom before him and smiled. He was the man behind the camera. “Are you still smitten with me Davis?”

Last edited by aintright; 09 August 2009, 04:04 PM.
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

((Just going to pick Lance up from here.))

Tallon blinked once, then twice. Then a third time. He even pinched himself for good measure. He was, as near as he could tell, awake.

He couldn't, however, explain the most recent radio message from Colonel Sharp. First lieutenant? SG-7? This week just kept getting stranger and stranger. Thor, then this.

Best not to keep the colonel waiting, he quickly decided, pushing himself up from his desk chair; still, he found himself unable to decide whether to be scared senseless, nervous, excited, or all of them, wrapped into one package.

<<To Briefing Room>>

Comment

<<Zach Black's Quarters>>

Zachary rubbed his hand over his face and shook his head. "Women, whose dumb idea was it to allow them into this man's army anyways?"

Making his way to his feet he froze the video of Davis on the screen. Enjoying one last glance at that smile. "You may not be smitten but I ..." Turning it off he pulled up his email. Nothing of importance. Nothing from Sharp anyways. Attempting to settle down his gone wild hair as he looked at the man in the mirror. "You should have taken heed to mum's advice. You know, the bit about control and all." He rolled his eyes, banged the speakers, the tunes cranked.

Grabbing the few needed items he headed to the showers. His stomach reminded him it needed to be attended to. Doing a few test runs on the shoulder it actually felt a little better. Maybe a trip to the mess would be okayed by the doctor.

((to mess via showers ~~ oh! and sry DG ... forgive zach and his male weakness!!!))
        sigpic
        SCORE!!

Comment

((Haven't played Lance since July??? The muse comes and goes as he pleases in my head....then again RL's been eating my time soooooooooo........Poow Poow Wance.....*hides from Xym's if he gets a time to lurk*))

<<Claire from Mess Hall>>

Walking past McKinnon’s room, she frowned when she heard noises of drawers open and closing. Curious she turned and headed towards his room; and knocked, hearing few more shuffles, before the door finally opened. She grinned at the blanked face Major, “I doubt Ashwood can fit into spaces,” and watched in delight when Lance blushed deeply.

Straighten up, Lance looked at her, “Don’t you have better things to do then pick on someone? I mean surely there would some rock to translate or piece of ages old water jug to study,” gazing around, “Or Dr Black to annoy.

Amused she leaned on the frame, and gave a theatrical sigh, “Well for starters,” she began, “I’m not in the mood to study rocks or jugs. I would pick on Sharp, but he wasn’t at the mess for breakfast, which only means one thing. He’s in briefing. So he’s out; can’t do your girlfriend since she’s mad as Hades’; can’t do Doc B either, since I have done more than my share of it in the last 24 hours.

Batting her lashes, “You’re the only other person I can think off.” Softening her features, “The simple thing is you’re just easy to talk to.

Glad you feel like you can come to me to talk to,” he smiled not showing his surprise at her level of trust she was giving him, already knowing she needed someone to confide in and the like hood of the person begin another person rather than the one on her team, “Speaking of Ashwood, do you know where I can find her?” This was the most discrete way of asking. He didn’t want to be seen ambling down her room again, since Chris would never let him live it down anyway.

Rolling her eyes, “Last I left her was in the mess. She still might be there, if you wanna catch her.

Raising an eyebrow, “Thanks, I think.” With that he shooed her away as he closed his door behind him.

<<Lance to Mess; Claire to her Room>>

Comment

<<From lounge area>>

Astra entered her quarters and went to her cupboard to pick out some fresh clothes. She quickly changed and dressed, finding her toiletries and using them. She found her shoulder bag and began stuffing some books in it, along with her precious notebook and pencil case. She made sure everything was in there, including her IPOD and headed out again to the linguist lab. She felt good and refreshed, starting to hum along to something on her IPOD. She took a quick detour into the mess hall and grabbed some fruit to munch on till lunch time, then continued on her way to the linguist lab.

<<too linguist lab>>
            sigpic
            Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
            My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

<<In need of sleep!>>

Emma rolled over for the umpteenth time. Looking once again at the clock by her bed. She gave up and sat up in the bed. Running both hands through her curls she talked to the photo next to the clock. "Where the heck is he. I know, I shouldn't be surprised. Scientists."

As she climbed out of bed she picked up varied pieces of clothing articles and tossed them into a single pile. Angered at herself that she was showing signs of geekiness herself. "All I wanted to do was fly. There were promises that I could fly. Fly some amazing new ... " She realized she was yelling at a picture. No one was listening. She was alone now.

Her chest heaved as she let out a loud sigh. Standing naked before the mirror in the bathroom. She stuck her tongue out at herself and then began to laugh at herself. Washing her face she made a few touch ups. A little glow to the cheeks, mascara, sheer lip gloss. She had always flown about the radar line. Knowing this stuff was against the rules. It was just she feared her mother's little voice more than the rules. No one had ever called her on it. It was faint enough that one would be hard pressed to prove it was there.

She pulled on the basic BDU's she had brought over from BETA. Gathering everything she thought necessary to meet with the General. Again growling at herself because of the mess before her. "GEEK! Okay, 0900, have an hour until the meet. Okay Doc, I am assuming you are not ignoring my note at quarters. Too late to be in the mess. Maybe the lounge. It was where you hung last eve." She checked the curls one last time in the mirror and headed out the door.

Last edited by aintright; 24 September 2009, 06:36 PM.
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

<<From Briefing Room>>

'This isn't going to be easy, is it?' Tallon asked himself--a rhetorical question, but one that was stuck in his mind. He was sure that more capable officers were on the base. Instead, he was the one tasked with leading SG-7--a team that hadn't been formed.

Lance sighed. He'd show them. He could do this. Grabbing his laptop, he got to work.

Comment

Davis's Quarters
                  Sublevel 6

It had taken her a while to come to a decision. Not a hard one as one might expect, but it had been, still was a conflicted one. Taking time out from the base for the next 48s hours was what she needed, to clear her head; to get a hold her life, her emotional state. By staying at the base she wasn’t going to get it, not with Travis around to remind her of what was/ had been between them. Not with Zack acting like a child over the past she could not stop from coming in to the present. Trying to get him to see reasons was becoming pointless, not when he did not want to see them. Not with Sharp to remind her of her deep loss. Closing her eyes, they had been friends, she reminded herself. She owned it to all involved to come to grips with all the Au had slapped at her face and hard.

Zipping her overnight bag, Claire sighed, crashing at front of Simon’s house seemed a wise choice for now. He would keep Travis away. He was the only person who could. Matt hadn’t had too much influence on the youngest of the three brothers. For him, Travis had been too wild to tame. Remembering him, she smiled. Getting to her feet, she moved to the door and out of into the corridor. She needed to get herself a 48 hr pass to Town. Feeling the butterflies, she tried to calm her nerves down. There wasn’t a need to get worked up over a two day trip.

Taking the stairs, she climbed up and towards the third floor where Blue’s office was.

<<To Blue’s Office>>

Comment

Lance rested his chin on the desk as he blankly stared at his laptop's screen.

One field stood out at him. One.

He could build off of that, he decided. Presuming, of course, he could find someone suitable. If not, it was back to square one.

Lance stood. Uncertain of where to track one down, he paused at the door. Then he proceeded to mentally slap himself. 'Hello? Anthropologists.'

<<To Linguistics Lab>>
                    Last edited by Oranos; 27 October 2009, 06:11 PM. Reason: Works into next couple of posts better.

Comment

(well, here is my first post ever. So, if I do something wrong, PM me and tell me. Thanks.)

Markus Redd awoke to find out he fell asleep at his desk....again. His computer screen was still on. He reached over to turn it off and then, he streched. 'Today is going to be a long day. I can just feel it.'

Markus stood up and streched once again to make sure he was fully-awake. Then, he exited his quarters to go get some food from the mess hall.

<<to Mess Hall>>
                      Aftermath RP
                      Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                      Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                      SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                      Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

<<From Linguistics Lab>>

It probably would have turned out better, and saved him some time, had he known where he was going ahead of time. He wasn't even entirely sure that she'd be at her quarters. But it was worth a shot...once he'd stopped to ask for directions from someone that, at the very least, knew her in passing.

Lance rounded the corner sharply, pulling up at the correct door. He took a deep breath and knocked.

((And who said males don't ask for directions? ))

Comment

<<from the mess hall>>

Markus walks passed Lance as he walks to his quarters and he waves to Lance as he walks by. He enters his room and sets his coffee on the table next to his laptop computer. After the soft click sound of opening laptop, Markus pressed the power up button. As the computer powered up, he sat down and took a sip of coffee from his cup.
                          Aftermath RP
                          Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                          Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                          SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                          Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Scorpio's Quarters
                            ((Ok, now I need to determine where exactly they are ))

Elena's just awoke. She saw her home town again.

'How long was it since I left Engels? Fifteen years... And now I don't know if I ever will be able to see it again. Anyway, it seems that I finally got along with it and I'm ready for that new stage of my life...'

Suddenly, she was brought back to reality with sound of knocking on her door.

'And who'd that be?' - wandered she. - 'Since my integration into USAF, I wasn't paid much of attention, don't know why, though'

"Just a moment!" - She cried.

Than Scorpio got up, dressed herself quickly, and opened the door. There was Lieutenant Lance Tallon outside, whom she saw a couple of times on this base. He was something nervous today.

'Do I give a reason to be nervous??' - Lena asked herself.

"Hello, Comrad Lieutenant. Don't stay in the corridor, if you came. Come on in."

She waved her hand, inviting him inside, and stepped back in the room, sitting on her bed.

"What can I do for you?"
                            Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 04 November 2009, 09:54 PM.
                            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Lance folded his arms across his chest as he waited, shifting his weight from his left foot to his right and back again. As he waited for Lieutenant Ovcharenko to open the door, a civilian wandered past with a wave, he noticed just before the door swung open.

She invited him in.

'Out with it,' Lance berated himself, the silence deafening. 'Odds are, she'll be receptive.'

Lance took another deep breath. "I've been placed in command of SG-7. He paused. "I've read your file. You're good. Damn good." He swallowed his pride. "Maybe...probably better than I am. And I want you." No, that wasn't right. "I need you."

Comment

'Want you?! Okay, that was quite fast from a person, whom I saw from distance and just asked someone what's his name, just in case. It's always better to know who's around you... Well, let's see what will came out of it' - she thought, a bit surprised.

"I hadn't saw you in action, so let's put aside that "who's better" topic for a while." - said Scorpio, looking directly into Lance's eyes. She needed to see his reaction on her words.

'I need to build a clear picture of that guy, before I'll make a decision. Of course, I'm eager to finally get into some action, but it'd be better if I'll know that my teammates are all right...' - Lena thought to herself.

"You've said, that you're in command of SG-7 and are recruiting your team. Now, if you don't mind, please answer, what exactly this "need" of me is, and what makes you think that I'm damn good?" - She continued her speech.

'Let's see what he wants of me in the first place...'
                                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 04 November 2009, 09:56 PM.
                                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X